Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Oh please let it happen EmptyYesterday at 8:43 pm by Wensdi

» Pep’s at it again
Oh please let it happen EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Oh please let it happen EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Oh please let it happen EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Oh please let it happen EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Oh please let it happen EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Oh please let it happen EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Oh please let it happen EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Oh please let it happen EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Oh please let it happen EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Oh please let it happen

4 posters

Go down

Oh please let it happen Empty Oh please let it happen

Post by shakencity Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:31 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34755875

Having been so close to closure ourselves a few times, i guess i shouldn't really crow about another clubs desperate plight.

And to be honest i wouldn't....but this is Wanky Wanderers, so i'm going to bounce bounce bounce .

If a club's allowed to run up debts of £173m, then they have to suffer the consequences of their actions. They never realized that they aren't a PL Club anymore, if anything they're gonna be a League 1 club in the not to distant future.

Hopefully, there's only one way this club's going.....down n out!!!
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Oh please let it happen Empty Re: Oh please let it happen

Post by Topdawg Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:10 am

if they go down, as in into administration, they'll hurt a lot of local businesses. I've had someone do that to me and it really hurt my finances.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:12 am

Please don't throw the guit trip onto me Dawg....where Wanky are concerned i don't care. It's their fault for investing in the shower in the 1st place Razz
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:23 pm

FOOTBALL: Boxer Amir Khan set for £15m takeover of Bolton with Dean Holdsworth to be chairman

Former Bolton Wanderers striker Dean Holdsworth and lifelong Trotters' fan Amir Khan are expected to complete a £15m takeover of the club this week, according to ​the Star.

Oh please let it happen 474aa330-7f16-11e5-87c8-edecac6ee881_90min_logo
 By Mitchell Webbe 2 hours ago    

Oh please let it happen 83c355f503745a19f8fb4c2492a23a03
Former Bolton Wanderers striker Dean Holdsworth and lifelong Trotters' fan Amir Khan are expected to complete a £15m takeover of the club this week, according to ​the Star.
The pair are part of the Sports Shield investment group and Holdsworth - who scored 39 goals in 158 appearances for the Lancastrians between 1997 and 2003 - is set to replace Phil Gartside as chairman.
The 63-year-old - Bolton's chairman for the past 16 years - was revealed to be "seriously ill" on Tuesday, and Trevor Birch, who has overseen takeovers at Chelsea and Leeds United, has been sworn in to lead the negotiations in his absence.
Gartside is also understood to have agreed to pay off the club's debts, which stand just shy of £173m.

Two-time former world welterweight champion Khan has reportedly agreed to stage future fights at the Macron Stadium.
The boardroom changes are likely to increase the pressure on manager Neil Lennon, whose team are second bottom in the Championship and three points from safety.
The Trotters suffered relegation from the Premier League after 11 seasons in 2012, but have slipped into gradual since, finishing seventh, 14th and 18th.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:25 pm

"Gartside is also understood to have agreed to pay off the club's debts, which stand just shy of £173m".

Oh yeah, and how does he plan to do that?....think i want one of those money trees at the bottom of my garden too Laughing Laughing Laughing
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:12 pm

For someone who hates Wanderers, you're spending a lot of time talking about them.  I think we should rename you "wanderingcity" Twisted Evil
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:25 pm

leopold wrote:For someone who hates Wanderers, you're spending a lot of time talking about them.  I think we should rename you "wanderingcity" Twisted Evil
Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:05 pm

affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid

Oh please let it happen Pouchheld,small,x1000.u6
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:47 pm

I just love reading sensational stories like this Leo. ...it's riveting stuff. I can't actually get enough of it.

Regards,
Wanderingcity
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:50 am

They don't put the cones out for weekends now! not enough fans I guess  Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:50 am

shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:08 am

They are in big trouble now.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:15 am

Topdawg wrote:They are in big trouble now.
If they do enter administration, do they get points deducted...or does that come into force at the start of next season?
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:59 am

Daughters BF knows people in the club.   They have until Friday to find a buyer or its administration, and as far as I am aware it's an instant 10 point deduction right away.

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:16 am

In their current league position, a 10 point deduction will almost certainly mean relegation. It's a bit harsh. They should have it held over and, if they don't get relegated, it's applied retrospectively. Doing it now could be a death sentence, which I'm sure Shaken would love to see, but for me it just means we're losing yet another football club because of the huge division of wealth between the PL and the FL.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:24 am

it's their own fault because they never cut their cloth accordingly.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:48 am

leopold wrote:In their current league position, a 10 point deduction will almost certainly mean relegation.  It's a bit harsh.  They should have it held over and, if they don't get relegated, it's applied retrospectively.  Doing it now could be a death sentence, which I'm sure Shaken would love to see, but for me it just means we're losing yet another football club because of the huge division of wealth between the PL and the FL.
Sorry leo, but why is it harsh? They knew what the repercussions could be, yet they continued to spend money they hadn't got.
As Kevin Davies said in the article, they knew this day would come eventually.

They are lucky that their benefactor (Eddie Davies) hasn't asked for his money back....they really would be up shit creek then.

Well one good thing to come out of this is the fact we could renew our rivalry with them next season, providing we don't get relegated that is Shocked
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:55 pm

It's harsh because they're being penalised twice. It's like when a defender brings down a player in the box and is given an automatic red card. You lose a player, then most likely concede a goal and then have to play the rest of the match a man and a goal down.

Yes, they didn't play by the financial rules, but there should be consistency. They didn't hit Portsmouth immediately with a points dock when they went into administration, it was held over till the following season.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:53 pm

To ease financial problems for clubs that had been relegated, "parachute payments" were introduced to give time to adapt to the financial gulf between divisions. The deductions of 10 points in the Football League and 9 points in the Premier League were ratified in 2004, with the rule in place from the start of the 2004–05 season. The League also adopted rules that prevented any side from being in administration for either two successive seasons or eighteen consecutive months.[14] The reason for the deduction being a point less in the Premier League was that the teams play eight fewer fixtures than Football League clubs.[13] The first club to incur this new penalty were League One side Wrexham F.C. who entered administration on 3 December 2004.
Leeds United filed for administration with only a few days remaining in the 2006–07 season, which automatically triggered a 10-point penalty. This placed Leeds at the bottom of the table and relegated the club, but they were extremely likely to have been relegated anyway. By entering administration during the 2006–07 season, they hoped to avoid starting the 2007–08 season on −10 points. The Football League saw this as a club trying to exploit a loophole and changed the rules. From 2007–08, any club entering administration after the fourth Thursday in March would have their 10-point deduction suspended until the following season. If the club is relegated the points will be deducted from their tally at the start of next season. If the club stays up the 10 points will be taken off their final total.
On 26 February 2010, Portsmouth became the first Premier League club to enter administration
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:23 pm

Which kind of proves my point regarding the ten point deduction.

But the other part is, clubs are only going to be able to lose money for so long, before the owners shut the doors forever. Fine, so this is Bolton and some people will be happy about it. But then what if others pop out of existence? What if we lost Sheffield Wednesday or Oldham Athletic or Coventry City? Will people still not be that arsed?

There's only one way this goes: We end up with a couple of dozen clubs with fan bases in their hundreds of thousands, all with season tickets costing thousands of pounds and the average fan won't be able to afford to go.

Sorry to rant, but it pains me to watch football getting destroyed by big money. Yes, we're fortunate now that our club is on the good side of this situation, but it was less than a decade ago we weren't and it doesn't make me feel especially comfortable that we were fortunate by such a fine margin.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:45 pm

Look i completely get what you are saying leo, but ALL clubs know the FL/PL rules, this is exactly why FFP was brought in wasn't it....jeez, Bolton are even still getting PL parachute payments now, so how long does a club need to sort it's finances out?

As said though, their problem was they continued to spend (and not save) money they simply hadn't got. At the end of the day just look at the facts, they are a club that gets crowds (ok, they were bigger in the PL) of around 12,000...yet they now owe £178m, how do the Directors let this happen KNOWING that their crowds/income would half when they got relegated?
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:02 pm

No idea, mate. Maybe they tried spending money in order to try and get back into the top flight? Of course, it would've helped if they had a clue about a decent manager. I thought Gary Megson was bad, but Owen Coyle was worse, Dougie Freedman was terrible and the guy they've got now sounds like he hasn't got a clue.

I don't know how the parachute payments are supposed to help any club out unless they get back into the PL within a couple of seasons. Once it looks like a lost cause, you're looking at reducing the wage bill and then you're resigning yourself to playing in a lower division, which isn't especially ambitious. Maybe if there wasn't such a gulf between the PL and every other league, it wouldn't be such a stretch.

Still, it is what it is and no amount of sensible is going to fix it now.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:56 am

Bolton could be left with no players by mid-January

The struggling Championship club have not paid their players since October and could lose them all if they fail to pay them at the end of this month

Bolton could lose all their players by the middle of next month if they are not paid for a second successive time.
The Championship's bottom side have not won for 14 matches and last week were served with a winding-up petition by HM Revenue and Customs over an unpaid tax bill.
The squad have not yet received their wages for November and if they are not paid again at the end of December, they have the right to quit the club and find another team.
And manager Neil Lennon has admitted it is a worrying situation for the Trotters.
He said: “They can give the club two weeks’ notice. That is their right. Obviously at this time of year it’s a huge concern if they’re not getting paid. We need something done very, very quickly.

“They are well within their rights, obviously. No one has come forward to suggest that just yet but time is of the essence. It’s a really difficult time of year as well for everyone, including players.”
Bolton were in the Premier League until 2012 and have won the FA Cup four times.

----------------------------------------------
Right, fire sale on.....who've they got that's worth having?
Emile Heskey? Shocked
David Wheater? Shocked
Neil Danns? Embarassed
Gary Nadine? Rolling Eyes
Darren Pratley? Shocked
Shola Ameobi? Shocked
Jay Spearing? Embarassed

Nah, the ONLY asset they've got is Zach Clough...Flickers, time to piss them off in January me thinks, 25 quid n a bag o balls should get him.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down