Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 16 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 16 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Squad Rotation EmptyToday at 1:49 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Squad Rotation EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Squad Rotation EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Squad Rotation EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Squad Rotation EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Squad Rotation EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Squad Rotation EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Squad Rotation EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Squad Rotation EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Squad Rotation EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Squad Rotation

+2
Jordan
ManCityMan
6 posters

Go down

Squad Rotation Empty Squad Rotation

Post by ManCityMan Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:13 pm

What happened to the supposed squad rotation? Ok, we all want to play our strongest team and win every game but if you have a large squad of good players then it's common sense to play most of them when suitable.The obvious player that springs to mind is James Milner who i happen to think is a very good player, yet RM hardly ever picks him to start and very occasionally gives him a brief run from the bench, why? Does he not even deserve a start against the likes of Wolves, Bolton or Blackburn?

We have all seen how some of the players seemed jaded 3/4 of the way through the season, Silva in particular should have been rested or at least dropped to the bench, he looked knackered in the run in, Aguero could have been rested more too in my opinion. Cliche should have played more games when Kolarov was given the nod and i still think Dzeko should have started ahead of Balotelli in more games, obviously the red card ones Razz.

Johnson is another one that never seems to get much playing time it's difficult to judge some of them based on the sporadic appearances they have had and some of these guys are going to look for a move if this continues next season, especially if more players are brought in which is a shame because i rate most of them but i'm not sure they have been given a fair go. Rolling Eyes

ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Squad Rotation Empty Re: Squad Rotation

Post by Jordan Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:39 pm

I understand where you are coming from....

In the run in yes, there should of been a rotation - however; now team look like they're enjoying playing together, reading each others moves. We can't afford to disrupt that now.

Clichy in my opinion should have played more games than he has. He has been immense and should of been MOTM for Norwich or Wolves.

So yes I agree but now, if it's not broken, why fix it?
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:42 pm

Rotation is useful when the games come thick and fast, but right now we're at one game a week, so there's no excuses for not picking the strongest team for every game.

That said, I agree with your points regarding Silva and Milner. One overplayer, one underplayed. Seems futile, especially since Silva was chosen ahead of Milner for the Stoke game, one in which Silva should've been rested and spared further injury in a game against a Stoke side who aren't afraid of using their strength. A game ideally suited to Milner, who didn't even make the bench. Very strange.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:51 pm

Perhaps i should have explained my point better, i was not suggesting we start playing players that have not played much of a role in the campaign at this stage when the team is clicking again. I was suggesting that in earlier games where we played so called lesser teams at the Etihad we could have rested key players and used some of the aforementioned players, this would have kept the key players like Silva fresh for the run in now. Why buy players and not use them? Leo is right Silva should have been rested against Stoke which was never going to be a game crying out for his creative genius, he was just bullied out of it and looked out of his depth, it was an ideal game for Milner and like Leo said he never even made the bench as far as i am aware he was not injured for that game.
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:44 pm

Mancini has made some baffling team selections, but he has also built a great team... Still annoying with some selections but far better than the previous managers...ie Sven and Vassel, Hughes playing a snail against Lennon,...

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:43 pm

Yeah I think we've reached a point in the season where we just need to put the same 11 out week in week out and let them build up some momentum.

It's working at the moment, their enjoying their football again, and they all know what their roles are in the side.
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:23 pm

I think Bobby has been a recent visitor to these pages, noted the constructive criticism aimed at his intriguing selections and realised we were right, and has started to play the same team that's winning so well of late! He's Italian, he will be be superstitious, and at such an important juncture in the season, he won't want to jinx the late surge.
Also, Nasri has been great this last month, Tevez is getting back to his scintillating best (just in time for the derby!) and Silva is looking a lot better too, so with just a few monumental games to go, playing the same team once a week instead of having a potential 2/3 games in the same period, is common sense, he doesn't have to rotate tired players, as they should all be 100% now.
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:00 am

If he read these pages then he'd know we don't think too much of yaya as DM
He'd also know that Mario & ONH are competing for biggest cunt and it's neck and neck
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:30 pm

Biggest Cuntous awards pplf...

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:33 pm

Paulpowersleftfoot wrote:If he read these pages then he'd know we don't think too much of yaya as DM
He'd also know that Mario & ONH are competing for biggest cunt and it's neck and neck

But at least we know Mario can score! Wink
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:55 pm

Unlike RWC who cant score in a brothel.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content