Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
RVP to Rags for £23Million! EmptyToday at 3:48 am by atlblue

» Pep’s at it again
RVP to Rags for £23Million! EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
RVP to Rags for £23Million! EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
RVP to Rags for £23Million! EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
RVP to Rags for £23Million! EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
RVP to Rags for £23Million! EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
RVP to Rags for £23Million! EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
RVP to Rags for £23Million! EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
RVP to Rags for £23Million! EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
RVP to Rags for £23Million! EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

RVP to Rags for £23Million!

+3
Topdawg
Wensdi
Bewar3them00n
7 posters

Go down

RVP to Rags for £23Million! Empty RVP to Rags for £23Million!

Post by Bewar3them00n Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:51 pm

Hot off the press!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/aug/15/manchester-united-arsenal-robin-van-persie

Arsène Wenger has reluctantly agreed to sell Robin van Persie to Manchester United for £23m. Arsenal confirmed on Wednesday that a deal had been tied up between the clubs and that the striker will travel to Manchester for a medical and to agree personal terms.

The clubs reopened negotiations over the striker on Tuesday night, after which it was merely a question of when Van Persie became a United player. Sir Alex Ferguson feels the 29-year-old could be the signing to help United wrest the Premier League title back from Manchester City.

Wenger had done his best to persuade Van Persie to stay and he was loth to sanction his release to United. But he has admitted defeat as Van Persie has been adamant he wants to leave.

Arsenal's manager, asked on Wednesday night on French TV whether he would buy another striker, said: "We have already replaced him in buying [Lukas] Podolski and [Olivier] Giroud. We are sad to lose a player of his quality but he had one year left on his contract so we had no choice."
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

RVP to Rags for £23Million! Empty Re: RVP to Rags for £23Million!

Post by Bewar3them00n Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:56 pm

Personally, I'm glad we didn't buy him, we have a very settled strike force, Tevez is back in the fold looking lean and mean, Aguero will continue his partnership with Tevez, and Mario is looking like he will step up this season, why upset the dynamic?
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:22 am

Saw it when it appeared on the BBC site - didn't think it even merited a post. Like you say - we have Carlos, Aguero and Mario. I expect he's not moved to utd for the money though - just the prestige of playing for them. LOL
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:37 am

he supported them as a child...
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:38 am

I personally wanted us to sign him, but that was on the understanding 1 or 2 of the current strikeforce were shipped out to make way (as well as Ade & Santa).

As said above Tevez has come back leaner than anticipated and is showing his old desire to win, let's hope that continues. I'm still unsure about Mario though, if we're to believe we turned down £40m for him, then imo we were f**kin stupid. Quite obviously RM rates him above all others and i guess if he continues to show the same maturity as in the Euros, then i may well change my mind and cut him some slack........i'm still convinced he'll let us down though Wink . All that said King Aguero is settled and Dzeko seems quite content aswell, so realistically there's no need to add RVP to the strikeforce and possibly upset the applecart.......so to speak.

Through gritted teeth i have to admit though, RVP is a great signing for the Rags. I really hope he has an injury prone season, or "Fatman & Robin" could well push us to another last day decider affraid .
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:26 am

It will make it even sweeter when we win the title again

£24 million on a 29 yr old striker who has had 1 1/2 good seasons in 10 is a gamble so let's all hope it fails

I wouldn't normally wish an injury on another team's player but I will make an exception here. I will piss my pants if he gets injured at the start of the season & hardly plays Laughing
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:21 pm

I see Fergie is claiming he now has the best striking line-up in Europe!!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19287102

I hope Aguero and Tevez see that, I'm sure they'll have something to say about that, that's one partnership which is going to tear some teams to shreds this season, and with Yaya, Silva and Nasri chipping in with assists and goals, well! ( cue hand rubbing action!)
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:56 am

Best striking line-up in Europe! Laughing

RVP managed 48 games last season, the most he's ever managed. He scored so many goals because Arsenal didn't have anyone else available who was capable of knocking them in. I can't see him being as prolific this season, nor playing as many games.

But of course, they only wanted him because we did.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:41 am

I can't read anymore tripe on either ja606 or BBC about this new "As Good As 1999 forward line".

I didn't see why Mancini was desperate for Van Persie, OK would have been a decent signing if we were taking the 40m for Mario but we are not doing so.

He really needed to keep quite about his pursuit! It just gives the rag fans something else to chirp about thinking they got one over on us.

It will be so funny if he goes back to his usual sicknote season though.

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:10 pm

not only would it be funny it would be just desserts for all the rhetoric they have been spouting about city these past 3months how with the worst team in history it was only 1 kick in the last minute that lost it 4 them and if they had had vidic blah blah blah. another one i hope has another injury plagued season or comes back weaker than some of his previous.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down