Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Team for tonight???? EmptyYesterday at 8:43 pm by Wensdi

» Pep’s at it again
Team for tonight???? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Team for tonight???? EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Team for tonight???? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Team for tonight???? EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Team for tonight???? EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Team for tonight???? EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Team for tonight???? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Team for tonight???? EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Team for tonight???? EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Team for tonight????

+2
Topdawg
shakencity
6 posters

Go down

Team for tonight???? Empty Team for tonight????

Post by shakencity Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:38 am

We all know we haven't got a clue which 11 will start but let's give it a go, here's my effort:

.............Little Joe

Zab........Vince........Lescott......Clichy

...........Rodwell.......Garcia

Nasri........Yaya............Silva

...............Tevez

Clichy has to play before Kolarov, just the thought of Kolarov trying to stop Ronaldo's scaring me to death now pale . I'm hoping he goes with Rodwell & Garcia in the holding role, as that allows Yaya to support Tevez as much as possible. King Serg will get a run for the last 20, probably Mario/Dzeko too....if we're losing. Well that's my gameplan anyway.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Team for tonight???? Empty Re: Team for tonight????

Post by Topdawg Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:15 am

no chance you are right den, even if it is a good looking team.

Hart
Maicon, VK, Garcia, Kolarov
Rodwell, Yaya
Milner, Silva, Nasri
Tevez
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:55 am

Not a cat in hells chance Garcia will be CB........unless you and blueboy know something i don't Wink. You could be right with Milner in there, he gives us that bit extra defensive work which we're gonna need.

Kolarov Dawg? affraid
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:18 am

kolarov wouldn't be my pick den. just trying to 2nd guess bobby
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:28 am

I know Kolarov has been playing well for his country, but there's a gulf in class in the opponents he's been playing, and with his hot head and poor defending at times, he'd be my candidate for a red if Mario isn't playing!

Hart
Maicon, Kompany, Clichy
Garcia
Milner, Yaya, Silva, Nasri
Mario, Tevez

Yes, I'm going experi-"mental"! For my line up in Europe with a 3 at the back which just might catch RM out early on if they start slow, Garcia sat in front of the back 3 to allow Yaya a more effective roll a bit further up, I'm dropping Lescott, as he's a bit ponderous at times, like he's having a kick about in the park on Sunday with the kids! I'm starting with Mario because he's played well with Tevez, knows how to win a free kick ( i.e. he goes down easy) and with RM susceptible at set pieces, there lies a good chance to score, saying that it's a double edged sword with Mario, so he may go for Dzêko, and bring Aguero in in the last 20!
I just hope we've learned from last season, and with Maicon and Garcia in the team, cool heads, no offence to Micah, as he almost won a penalty for us against BMunich ( should have) he doesn't concentrate 100%, that's what cost us, I think we have to be very tactically aware, play the percentages, too our strengths, be less hung ho, so to me that means dead ball set pieces, frustrate RM, sneak a goal from a set piece, and keep it tight.
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:36 am

Bobby made a very good point about last year's game at Munich. We have 3 chances to score in the first 30 minutes and didn't. That's what cost us. You have to score from every good chance.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:53 am

I've been making the same point for a long time. It cost us points in both the league and CL last season and it's already cost us points this season. I've said it time and again, we NEED more clinical finishing.

As for the team, christ knows. Hoping for Zabs and Clichy as the full backs, they're going to be busy and we need our best ones on the pitch.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:18 am

so many of the pundits were banging on about how well liverpool played against us and how we were lucky to get a point.

liverpool were utter shite for the first 20-30 minutes and we murdered them. we didn't score and that came back to haunt us. if we'd scored in the first 20 minutes, then i'd have expected liverpool to take a very bad beating.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:01 pm

I'm hoping we don't look like fish out of water again, now we've had a taste of the CL, and realised how tactical it is, and how much about keeping concentration and taking the chances it is, that we take the next step.
There will be no doubts in the players minds about the toughness of the task tonight, and for the whole campaign, maybe being in the group of champions will make sure the players don't underestimate the opposition like we did last year.
If Mancini gets his tactics right, we will give RM a tough night, Yaya, Garcia, Tevez, Silva, Kompany, Aguero, Dzêko, Mario, all players who can turn it on and put any team under severe pressure, it's time to step up boys, but the big mouth Mourinho in his place
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:40 pm

Ok - here's mine for what it's worth:

..................................Hart...........................................

.............Kompany............Garcia..............Lescott.............

Maicon..................................................................Clichy

..........................Yaya...........Rodwell/Barry.....................

............Nasri...............................................Silva...........

....................................Tevez.....................................
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:23 pm

Yes Blue I like that ! I take it ur meaning Garcia in front of Vince & Lescott

Cant see anything but Tevez up front on his own. We have to play this sensibly Keep it tight and maybe catch em on the break or get a winner with 10 mins to go. So maybe Id have Milner in for Silva or Nasri to add a bit of steel
Any other tactics would be foolish. This is Real Madrid away it doesn't get much tougher
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:01 pm

I can't help but wonder if Bob will go for a back three with two wing backs. I doubt the Special One would expect us to do that, even though we're talking about an Italian manager and, yanno, they're all defensive and that.

-----------------Hart
-- Zabaleta -- Kompany -- Clichy
Milner ---------------------- Kolarov
-------- Garcia ---- Yaya
-- Silva ------ Tevez ------ Nasri
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:07 pm

TMG wrote:Yes Blue I like that ! I take it ur meaning Garcia in front of Vince & Lescott

Cant see anything but Tevez up front on his own. We have to play this sensibly Keep it tight and maybe catch em on the break or get a winner with 10 mins to go. So maybe Id have Milner in for Silva or Nasri to add a bit of steel
Any other tactics would be foolish. This is Real Madrid away it doesn't get much tougher

No I'd play Garcia in between Kompany and Lescott - but yes, when we have the ball he plays in front of Vinny and Lezza and he brings the ball out of defence and does the distribution - rather than Lezza taking half an hour to only then go and give it to Yaya who has run deep to receive it. Both Maicon and Clichy can look after Ronaldo and Marcello with Lezza or Vinny assisting either and Garcia holds the centre with with either Rodwell or Barry helping him out. Garcia has played CB on loads of occasions.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:50 pm

I think we're stronger when we have the ball with Yaya further up the field, controlling the midfield, pushing the opposition back with his runs, Garcia can do the sweeper role sitting in front of the back 3/4 (whatever Mancini decides) I suspect it will be a fluid formation altering as needs fit, he may even start 3 athe back then go 442 2nd half when he makes subs etc, but the main thing is that Yaya must be further up, Garcia can do the distribution and link up play between Yaya, Silva etc, so there's no need for Yaya to keep coming deep
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down