Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 15 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 15 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Guardiola is available at the end of the season - would you take him? EmptyToday at 5:43 pm by Topdawg

» Pep’s at it again
Guardiola is available at the end of the season - would you take him? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Guardiola is available at the end of the season - would you take him? EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Guardiola is available at the end of the season - would you take him? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Guardiola is available at the end of the season - would you take him? EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Guardiola is available at the end of the season - would you take him? EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Guardiola is available at the end of the season - would you take him? EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Guardiola is available at the end of the season - would you take him? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Guardiola is available at the end of the season - would you take him? EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Guardiola is available at the end of the season - would you take him? EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

Top posting users this month
Topdawg
Guardiola is available at the end of the season - would you take him? Vote_lcapGuardiola is available at the end of the season - would you take him? Voting_barGuardiola is available at the end of the season - would you take him? Vote_rcap 

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Guardiola is available at the end of the season - would you take him?

+4
leopold
shakencity
Moonchester
Topdawg
8 posters

Go down

Guardiola is available at the end of the season - would you take him? Empty Guardiola is available at the end of the season - would you take him?

Post by Topdawg Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:30 am

If Pep is serious about coming back to football next year, he can only go to two countries - Italy or England.

With our Barca connections, we should be in a good position to take him on. The question is, should we?

The way we are currently playing, we should make top 3 but not sure if we'll win the thing this time round. Chumps League is way past redemption for us.

I'm all for keeping managers for a long time but, with the money he has had available, even Mike Bassett could have won the league for us.

For me, I'd go with Pep if Bobby fails to win the league this year.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Guardiola is available at the end of the season - would you take him? Empty Re: Guardiola is available at the end of the season - would you take him?

Post by Moonchester Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:49 am

Lets focus everything into winning this year, worry about the manager situation if we do an arsenal :p
Moonchester
Moonchester
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Guardiola is available at the end of the season - would you take him? Empty Re: Guardiola is available at the end of the season - would you take him?

Post by shakencity Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:31 am

We have to win something this year (not counting That "Shield" thing pre season), or this season will be classed as a backwards step. If we don't win either the League, FA Cup or Europa Cup then i really do think RM's in trouble. Top teams win silverware season after season and that's what we/RM have got to achieve.

We cannot focus on the future at the minute, we have to stick together for the whole season......or atleast until the stage of the season where winning nothing is inevitable.

Guardiola's definately someone i'm sure the top brass will have in mind if RM doesn't achieve what's expected.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:32 am

Bobby's pedigree in the CL is a bit shaky, I expect a failure to get out of the group stages will be his undoing.

I'm not big on the managerial merry-go-round either, but if he's going to come back it would be silly to ignore the option of picking up a manager of that calibre. Yes, Bob's got us some silverware, more than I ever dared hope we'd win in my lifetime, but Guardiola can do that AND he's won the one competition which would guarantee us a lot of publicity.

Plus, if we don't, what are the odds of old baconface finally retiring? We all know Guardiola will only go somewhere there's potential for lots of trophies and they do have a big old name over there in Trafford.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:20 am

If he doesn't stick with a flat back 4 in all games he will be gone IMHO.

I don't want him to go, but "tinkerman" must stop and we must get back to last season. Unfortunately we need NDJ for that to work 100%.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:33 pm

As much as I like Bobby, he's pretty pants in the CL, something that counts against him, unless he can turn it around ( he better get to church and pray every day at this rate!) Pep would suit City more than UTD, with the Spanish speaking players and those with that continental flair at City, Aguero, Tevez, Zaba, Silva, Garcia, but let's see how Mancini does this season....
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:45 pm

Against 'weaker' premier league teams, city can get by because of th opposition's lack of ambition or lack of clinical finishing. In Europe, teams punish you for your mistakes much much more.

Bobby will keep getting found out in Europe and I agree that it will be his downfall.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:56 pm

Topdawg wrote:If Pep is serious about coming back to football next year, he can only go to two countries - Italy or England.

With our Barca connections, we should be in a good position to take him on. The question is, should we?

The way we are currently playing, we should make top 3 but not sure if we'll win the thing this time round. Chumps League is way past redemption for us.

I'm all for keeping managers for a long time but, with the money he has had available, even Mike Bassett could have won the league for us.

For me, I'd go with Pep if Bobby fails to win the league this year.

Mike Bassett could have won everything with that Barca team. Embarassed
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:32 pm

I think we are victims of far too much change over the last few decades and naturally crave for stability.However I think that makes us turn a blind eye to the obvious in search of the said stability.
His manmanagent certainly has left a lot to be desired and the frustration at watching him favour the idiot Balotelli over Edin,who given a proper run in the side I'm sure would score a stack,has certainly not endeared him to many but that said it must be weighed up against the fact that we are champions however fortunate that was and won the FA Cup for the first time in decades.
But,managers with the cv of pep won't be available very often and the worry would be that he will replace baconface if we don't act swiftly.If Pep wasn't an option I don't think bobby would be under too much pressure to deliver but I think the appointments of the Barca duo make it imperative that he at least matches last seasons achievements otherwise he's out of the door.
Personally I think he should be given at least another season as I feel he's earnt that time from winning our first title that the vast majority of us have been alive to see.But he could already be deadman walking?
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by johnsavitta Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:30 pm

Look at it another way. Pep has been at Barca for so many years, youth team coach, assistant coach and finally the big job. He knew the club inside out and he was allowed to buy the best players in the world without a blink of the eye. If he comes to city he will have one hand tied behind his back with FFP. Remember how long it took ole red nose to get it right at the swamp. After so many years of chopping and changing and winning nothing I think we should give Bobby the chance before he walks the plank
johnsavitta
johnsavitta
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down