Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
OK.....I've waited for 10 matches... EmptyToday at 1:49 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
OK.....I've waited for 10 matches... EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
OK.....I've waited for 10 matches... EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
OK.....I've waited for 10 matches... EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
OK.....I've waited for 10 matches... EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
OK.....I've waited for 10 matches... EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
OK.....I've waited for 10 matches... EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
OK.....I've waited for 10 matches... EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
OK.....I've waited for 10 matches... EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
OK.....I've waited for 10 matches... EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

OK.....I've waited for 10 matches...

+4
Wensdi
TMG
Topdawg
blueboy
8 posters

Go down

OK.....I've waited for 10 matches... Empty OK.....I've waited for 10 matches...

Post by blueboy Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:52 pm

Mancini.....wanting to speak to clubs shows at the end of last season - he thought he had fucked up and was getting sacked.

Then, for whatever reason, we won the league on goal difference. Great effort.

THIS SEASON..................Mancini has signed a load of shite and we are playing like shite.

I'm fed up of this "unbeaten" bollocks...."we'll start getting into 4th gear shit"

We are fucking woeful. We have the likes of Aguero and Sinclair on the bench.....why the fuck sign Sinclair then not play him???????

Why the fuck watch that French twat Nasri sit behind Barry and Yaya...and let him do it? Mancini berated Balotelli all first half.....but said fuck all about the lazy fuckers in Nasri and Yaya.

I for one............am clearly stating now..............I HOPE THAT THE WHOLESALE CHANGE BEHIND THE SCENES WITH THE BARCA GUYS....ARE TO ENTICE PEP TO THE ETIHAD.

I'm fucked off with Mancini's wank team selection...his constant berating of players that are trying, yet he keeps the shite on like Dzeko.....who was lazy and clumsy as fuck all game.

I for one want Mancini OUT.

I have always backed him and stuck by his fucking unusual team selections...but after 10 games of absolute fucking crap....he can go for me.

Awful, fucking awful....watched a completely de-motivated team tonight.

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

OK.....I've waited for 10 matches... Empty Re: OK.....I've waited for 10 matches...

Post by Topdawg Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:14 pm

I'll agree Dzeko wasn't great, but I think he was trying. Balotelli was woeful for me. Nasri, not up to much. It was painful watching City again.

Utd, for all their weaknesses and failings, show determination and drive, somethings which, too often, are sadly lacking for us.

I want Dzeko to have crosses to head in. I want Tevez and Aguero to make the best pass, not to each other. I want someone to take the game by the scruff of the neck and make something happen. I want Yaya playing further forwards.

I want us to take our easy chances when they come along - Barry missed a fucking sitter tonight.

Get Pep signed up.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

OK.....I've waited for 10 matches... Empty Re: OK.....I've waited for 10 matches...

Post by TMG Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:16 pm

Well Im not gonna say sack the manager who has brought us an FA Cup and league title in 2 years when I thought I was never gonna see City win anything in my lifetime

We are playing pretty dire stuff at the moment tho. Really cant see for the life of me why we dont stick to Aguero & Tevez up front and bring Dzeko or Balotelli on if we need to change it in the 2nd half. It worked last season

Cant all be down to the manager though. We do have a few injuries and people coming back from injury but many of the players are just not playing anywhere near their potential. Nasri, Balotelli, Sinclair, Kompany, Yaya, Garcia, Milner, Barry & Silva b4 he got injured. Not sure if a change of manager will have any affect on some of these lazy overpaid fuckas. A few weeks in the reserves might be more of an incentive
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:05 am

Think I said it - (above) more concisely and without the vitriol - no hunger - we had a chance to move up to top spot - but couldn't seem to be arsed.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by coolenglishbob Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:37 am

Can someone tell me why Aguerro was on the bench tonight when Balotelli was on the pitch and could not hit the net if it came up and bit him!Lets be honest Balotelli has had ample time to prove his worth,and frankly he has not done it, and it is costing us games.Bobby has got to get smart and realise we are carrying a very expensive dud!!Smile

coolenglishbob
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:51 am

Sorry, players play where they are told to play. They don't pick a team that doesn't include a world class striker, but does include 2 players who when they start - are shite. A change doesn't happen for 68 minutes.

Nasri played as DMF...........WTF? Didn't see Mancini telling him to get up the pitch as we now have 3 forwards and 3 DMF's.....and fuck all in between creating stuff.

The one thing last night was crying out for after 25 minutes was width. And he sat there and did nothing..........that's why he should go.

The change was obvious:

Bring off Nasri on the left for Kolorov and replace Balotelli with Sinclair to give us crosses for Dzeko.....but no, he just allowed 5 players on the pitch to do their own thing for most of the game.

Woeful and inept.

I know we won the league and the FA cup..............but where would you stand if Aguero would have missed his last minute goal and we didn't win the league?

An FA Cup in 3 years, out of last years CL stages in the group phase....and again this season, out of the Capital One Cup to Villa......and shit performances all season bar Sunderland.

Would you still be happy with that right now?

Just as the players said at the start of the season...."let's forget what we won last year...its gone, its all about now"...................and now isn't good enough.

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:53 am

Would you rather Pep went to Utd? or chelsea? or arsenal?

I wasn't best pleased after I had some teenagers taking the piss out of me when we lost to Ajax. One guy said I should be embarrassed to wear my city shirt. That was the first time in 3 years living in France I had anyone dare take the mick out of me because of City.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:15 am

Pep will be looked at for the United job at the end of the season.....he won't wait around for another 2 years, or until Taggert retires.

I think we should talk to him NOW and establish whether he is interested - if so, move for him.

We all thought that United's dominance would be over once Taggert left - but not so if Pep goes there.

The whole Barca backroom staff thing is too coincidental for me. A piece is missing...and that's Pep.
Would he come? Who knows, but at least try.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:27 am

The thing that disappoints me most is i don't think he knows which is his best team to play game in game out, he should have that sorted by now. He fannies about changing things every game......that's why we're now guessing his formations every week. I know he's had injuries to deal with (Agureo, Silva, Kompany, Richards, etc, etc), which haven't helped but his failure to play a settled team and formation especially is very frustrating.

That said, i do feel the players have under-performed this season and that isn't RM fault. Aswell as RM, they too need to step things up and quick.

I'd personally keep RM this season, but if we don't gain any silverware then and only then would i look to replace him. If we miss out on Pep in the meantime, then tough, we'll just get Mourinho instead Cool.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:39 am

I'd rather win the Pep way than the Mourinho way
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:51 am

Wouldn't care who's way we won, as long as we did Razz.

I'll wait for blueboy to kick off once he's read this.haha

Anyway, would you really want someone at your club who openly says he prefers to be at one of your rivals......nah, didn't think so.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2227857/Chelsea-dream-job-Pep-Guardiola.html
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:03 am

I don't tend to always believe what 'friends' say in the papers.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:43 am

blueboy wrote:....and again this season, out of the Capital One Cup to Villa......and shit performances all season bar Sunderland.
I disagree with this comment. I don't think we played especially well against Sunderland either, they just made us look good.

For my money, I think our problems are many and varied:

• I know we need a plan B, but messing about with the defence to find a working solution shouldn't be done during the season as it unsettles the players when they need to concentrate. I know we didn't have much of a pre-season to work with, so why not hang fire?
  • Kolo Toure... Why? I know it was only West Ham, but surely a half fit Zabaleta is a better bet at RB?
  • Yaya Toure is NOT a DCM. So why play him there? This is what we call a NO-BRAINER!! Barry can do that job on his own, let him get on with it.
  • If Sinclair is the answer to an injured Silva, why aren't we playing him? And even if he's not, why are we not playing him? Personally, I think he was a bit of a rushed signing, but that's not his fault and he shouldn't be punished with the bench for it.
  • Dzeko clearly needs confidence in order to score goals. At present, that goal scoring comes when he's brought on 20 minutes from the end, against a tired defence. And then, after he does the business, he starts a game and fails miserably, thus putting him back to square one. So, why not just play him as a supersub for six or seven games on the spin, get him feeling really confident about hitting the target and THEN pick him to start, when his confidence is higher and less likely to be battered down to zero?
  • Balotelli - the only place he should be now is at the exit, waiting for a buyer to take him off our hands once and for all. Complete waste of talent.
  • Aguero should start. End of. Him and Tevez can terrorise defences, make them work harder and tire them out quicker - ideal to then bring on Dzeko to pop in a couple.
  • Finally, we need some target practice, so we can bury more of these clear-cut chances we create.

Oh, and we need to get rid of that horrible black and black kit, we're not winning a damn thing with it!
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:33 pm

shakencity wrote:Wouldn't care who's way we won, as long as we did Razz.

I'll wait for blueboy to kick off once he's read this.haha

Anyway, would you really want someone at your club who openly says he prefers to be at one of your rivals......nah, didn't think so.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2227857/Chelsea-dream-job-Pep-Guardiola.html

Hahaha.....not one single quote by Guardiola in that article...all hearsay and speculation. Evil or Very Mad
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:36 pm

leopold wrote:
blueboy wrote:....and again this season, out of the Capital One Cup to Villa......and shit performances all season bar Sunderland.
I disagree with this comment. I don't think we played especially well against Sunderland either, they just made us look good.

For my money, I think our problems are many and varied:

• I know we need a plan B, but messing about with the defence to find a working solution shouldn't be done during the season as it unsettles the players when they need to concentrate. I know we didn't have much of a pre-season to work with, so why not hang fire?
  • Kolo Toure... Why? I know it was only West Ham, but surely a half fit Zabaleta is a better bet at RB?
  • Yaya Toure is NOT a DCM. So why play him there? This is what we call a NO-BRAINER!! Barry can do that job on his own, let him get on with it.
  • If Sinclair is the answer to an injured Silva, why aren't we playing him? And even if he's not, why are we not playing him? Personally, I think he was a bit of a rushed signing, but that's not his fault and he shouldn't be punished with the bench for it.
  • Dzeko clearly needs confidence in order to score goals. At present, that goal scoring comes when he's brought on 20 minutes from the end, against a tired defence. And then, after he does the business, he starts a game and fails miserably, thus putting him back to square one. So, why not just play him as a supersub for six or seven games on the spin, get him feeling really confident about hitting the target and THEN pick him to start, when his confidence is higher and less likely to be battered down to zero?
  • Balotelli - the only place he should be now is at the exit, waiting for a buyer to take him off our hands once and for all. Complete waste of talent.
  • Aguero should start. End of. Him and Tevez can terrorise defences, make them work harder and tire them out quicker - ideal to then bring on Dzeko to pop in a couple.
  • Finally, we need some target practice, so we can bury more of these clear-cut chances we create.

Oh, and we need to get rid of that horrible black and black kit, we're not winning a damn thing with it!

First off...Sunderland was our best performance so far this.....albeit not like last year.

That kit looks the business...the players wearing it don't....FACT.

Other than that, cannot disagree with anything else you said...hit more than one nail on the head there Leo. Very Happy
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Disaster_Tskhadadze Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:00 am

In the run up to the West Ham game I was looking at the way they set up the back four and identified the fact that they're strong in the centre back area but the full backs are ripe for picking off. But the centre backs do struggle when they come up against nippy little forwards. I'm just a fan and I can work that out.

Evidently, this conundrum is beyond Bobby & his staff. We don't play Aguero & Tevez, plus we persist in trying - very slowly - to punch a hole through the centre of the defence while steadfastly ignoring the flanks and the weaker full backs.

Clearly, what was needed was Kolarov down one side, Sinclair down the other, banging cross after cross in to Dzeko. But Bobby stands in his technical area looking nonplussed.

I don't understand. We had a title winning team. We sold the best DM we had and bought 2 in, one who is persistently injured and inferior to Nigel and one who doesn't tackle (albeit neat and tidy and has a lovely smile). We just needed two or three solid squad men. We were almost there; now we've taken a step backwards.
Disaster_Tskhadadze
Disaster_Tskhadadze
New Signing
New Signing

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:06 am

Hansen writes that City had the spine of their team from last year and should have been adding to it. Instead we buy players who can't make the 1st team
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:03 am

Topdawg wrote:Hansen writes that City had the spine of their team from last year and should have been adding to it. Instead we buy players who can't make the 1st team

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/9654339/Roberto-Mancinis-negative-vibes-send-out-the-wrong-message-to-the-players-and-supporters-of-Manchester-City.html

All what he says is absolutely spot on.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down