Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» Have it - Four in a row
Review of standing at matches? EmptyYesterday at 9:59 pm by Topdawg

» 23/24 Prediction League
Review of standing at matches? EmptyYesterday at 8:49 am by Jwils2710

» So, it's another last day shoot out.
Review of standing at matches? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 5:36 pm by Topdawg

» Today's game
Review of standing at matches? EmptyThu May 16, 2024 1:25 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Review of standing at matches? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Review of standing at matches? EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Review of standing at matches? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Review of standing at matches? EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Review of standing at matches? EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Review of standing at matches? EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Review of standing at matches?

+2
shakencity
gratedbean
6 posters

Go down

Review of standing at matches? Empty Review of standing at matches?

Post by gratedbean Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:10 pm

Looks like Villa are going to lead the way into bringing back standing at football grounds - I hear Rangers are also looking into the issue. It's been a sensetive topic for years now, and for obvious reasons, but I do personally think that in this day in age most modern grounds could accomodate standing sections safely. There are obvious problems with bringing back standing, but there are also solutions and benefits.

So, what's the general consensus amongst blues? Would you like to see a return of the terraces in general?

And if so where would you like to see us implement a section at City?

I think they'd only do this on the bottom tier, so perhaps the bottom deck of the away end, where fans tend to stand anyway, and then maybe the singing section? There's little point putting it in the Colin Bell or Family Stand, would need to be close to the away fans, but that in itself presents problems.

Anyway I think we could still be a long way off yet, but a private members bill has been put in to get the ball moving. The outcome may be that standing is still unsafe, but personally I think that it's time the issue should be reviewed and properly considered.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jan/19/villa-park-terraces
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Review of standing at matches? Empty Re: Review of standing at matches?

Post by shakencity Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:57 pm

I prefer to sit at matches now, but that's only due to my back aching after standing for long periods of time (must be an age thing).

I personally don't have a problem with bringing terracing back, it always makes for a good atmosphere.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ONH Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:56 pm

most away fans & quite a few home fans stand up all through the games anyway, lets hope if they do it the tickets are a LOT cheaper than they charge for seats.

ONH
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:57 pm

I prefer sitting at games as well, largely down to a nice combination of a slipped disc and sciatica making standing up a bit of a chore for any length of time. But I don't see any reason for not having a terrace either. I know, back in the day, it was better for crowd control and preventing a crush, but I think we've all learned from the various lessons we had in the 80s and 90s and we're ready to move on.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:01 pm

If it's good enough for the Germans, it's good enough for us!
And in these hard financial times it makes sense to get more people coming to the games, better atmosphere too! They say the inflationary adjusted prices would be a damn sight cheaper too! We could then build a 60,000 stadium, and have cheap tickets for those who want to stand, I don't know what's not to like about the idea, especially with the crash barriers the Bundusliga uses, it makes it impossible to get the big crushes on
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:19 pm

To be fair - i'm torn. I think the atmosphere would improve and look at it this way......The Government and Employers would save £m's.

How many back injuries are caused by jumping up out of your seat when your team score? I bet it is hundreds, if not thousands.

On a serious note - i guess we are all sensitive to the Liverpool supporters and the families of those who lost loved ones.....and rightly so. However, times are different - policing, segregation, ground safety etc as moved on a hell of a lot....and one thing IS for sure...the atmosphere at some games you watch is awful.

On the flip side - considering the 100,000 member petition that has just been signed today - ready for submission to Parliament for debate over the death of a young kid at Hillsborough....i think the timing of this discussion is poor. (not you grated...just the whole Villa proposal).

It is time for change though.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down