Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 17 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 17 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
RDM Sacked! EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 3:57 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
RDM Sacked! EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
RDM Sacked! EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
RDM Sacked! EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
RDM Sacked! EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
RDM Sacked! EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
RDM Sacked! EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
RDM Sacked! EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
RDM Sacked! EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
RDM Sacked! EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

Top posting users this month
No user

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

RDM Sacked!

+2
Topdawg
leopold
6 posters

Go down

RDM Sacked! Empty RDM Sacked!

Post by leopold Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:30 pm

So Abramovic did the usual thing of binning a manager who lost a couple of games...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20424448

Now aside from the prospect that he'll go knocking on Pep's door at some point this week, thus robbing us of the possibility of picking him up (or perhaps not, we're still more than six months from the start of next season!), I'm looking at Sunday and what the knock-on effect of all this will be.

We all know players raise their game when a new boss comes in. But given this has just happened and it's hugely unlikely that Pep will jump at the chance and sign on within days, does this mean we're likely to meet a disenfranchised and managerless Chelsea at exactly the right time to help them blow their league title hopes and at the same time we can bolster ours?

I'm not normally given to blind optimism, but I suspect we might actually benefit from this latest trigger-pulling. Is anyone else with me, or are we looking at a team that might just fight back in defiance?
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

RDM Sacked! Empty Re: RDM Sacked!

Post by Topdawg Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:52 pm

let's by him!

I thought we'd win anyway (3-0) so this should make it more likely (and Torres WILL start)
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:54 pm

They weren't actually that bad last night, in the 1st half they had several chances to score, but poor final decisions cost them, 2nd half they didn't show too much, but I thought they didn't play that bad....
But what do you expect from Abramovic? knee jerk is his middle name!
Well, for a start, they don't have Steve Clark to step in anymore, it all depends if they bring back Terry and Lamps, but either way, they look a bit lost up front, a goal against them early on could knock the stuffing out of them.....
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:10 pm

From what i saw, i thought Chelsea were a tad unlucky. They had 2 or 3 great chances to go infront/draw level, and the first 2 goals Juve scored took deflections.

I think Abromovic has always really wanted a big name back in charge, so Pep will be approached but i don't honestly think he'll take it. I'd piss myself if Benitez took over, we really would have kak all to worry about.

We have to take advantage of a managerless Chelsea this weekend, a City win has to be expected now.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:19 pm

My thought is, if Pep does decide to take it, it'll take him more than three days to organise everything. He'd be coming into the club stone cold with no way of getting them prepared for what is a massive game now.

Shaken is right, we MUST capitalise on this. It's a golden chance to put some more air between us and the third challenger and put the pressure on the rags to keep up.

Crisis? What crisis??
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:43 pm

I doubt pep would just jump straight back in without having some time to think about it, and having some cast iron assurances stitched into his contract... these things take time, so unless they'd already tapped him up, I reckon they'll get another interim manager until the end of the season, then get Pep in, so.. Benitez it is then!!!!
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:48 pm

From this article, there's not much chance of getting Pep in now, or at all!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/nov/21/pep-guardiola-chelsea

The man Roman Abramovich never really wanted as manager has walked out of Chelsea but the man he really wants as manager is not ready to walk in. Not yet and maybe not at all. Far from drawing Pep Guardiola closer to Stamford Bridge, Roberto Di Matteo's sacking may have pushed him further away.

Guardiola has been true to his word. He left Barcelona an exhausted and saddened man, talking about the need to rest and rekindle his enthusiasm for the game. He departed for New York, determined to get away from the pressures and the scrutiny and prepare for the next stage of his career. This was a year's sabbatical and a year meant a year. He will not bring forward his return to management. Nor will he chase it: it is the clubs chasing him. It is they who must convince him as much as the other way round.

Guardiola's camp insist that he will not even think about his next step until the new year. That is slightly disingenuous; of course the thought process has begun. Some preliminary conversations have taken place too. Guardiola knows there is interest from England and Italy.

But he will not be shifted from his plans and there will not be real movement until January at the earliest. A decision is not expected until the spring. It will be carefully meditated upon.

And the interesting part to us:

When Guardiola arrives he wants to be able to construct a team his way and from the beginning, not pick up a project halfway through. His ideas, his philosophy, are clear and he will stand by them. He will want the club to do likewise. Manchester City and Milan may be options. City, where Txiki Begiristain has just joined as director of football, may look more attractive now. Chelsea, where Di Matteo has just left, may not. Guardiola was determined to stay out of a job for a year; Chelsea coaches have struggled to stay in one for a year.

Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:10 pm

If Pep doesn't want to be held up to too much pressure and scrutiny, he definitely won't want the Chelsea job as Abramovic is too fond of micro-management. If he was left saddened by managing Barca, he'll find Chelsea unbearable, knowing that three bad results will lead to his marching orders.

Although the Prem is a bit of a goldfish bowl at the best of times. Maybe that would put him off coming to England at all.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:46 pm

Well, apparently Benitez has already been approached to be interim manager, they surely need someone at the reigns with experience of a big team!
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:05 pm

Can you imagine:

18 months down the line.............."Roman sacks Pep after failing to win the PL, CL, FA Cup and League Cup in his first season"

commenting on the decision to sack Pep, Roman is quoted as saying:

"I thought he was supposed to be a good manager?"

Listened to H&J this afternoon and Andy Jacobs was going ballistic about the way Roman has dealt/is dealing with all these managers...and reckons Jose will be back in the summer......and why would Pep come to Chelsea.

Have to say........winning the CL should guarantee you a season at least.....the PL, 6 months and the League Cup a day!!! Very Happy
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:07 pm

Think it's shocking that he's sacked Roberto - who in their right mind would want to take the damn job. Chelsea have a good bunch of players - so it's only a matter of time before they settle in and start performing. They are a bit like us - either brilliant or off the pace.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:19 pm

IF....Mario was to be sold...........I'd personally put a cheeky bid in for Torres (£20m)..........he was superb at Liverpool until the changes....I just think he's NEVER been happy at Chelsea and as they say,

"Form is temporary.......(18 months in Torres' case)....

But agree with what you've said Wensdi....it is a joke as Chelsea can still qualify.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:29 pm

Don't want Torres at all. He's got pretty decent service at Chelsea and he still can't make it happen.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:03 pm

Torres is rubbish.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:52 pm

I knew I'd spoken too soon. The rotund Iberian food service technician takes over as manager in time for him to have the "New Manager Effect" against us. And as this is happening, QPR manage to dispose of their boss in time to lose to the rags. Almost as though they knew they'd lose regardless, so why not go to the toilet with no manager and use that as the excuse.

Fucking rags. Jammier than an explosion in the Robertson's factory. The sooner they stop winning stuff and have the debts recalled and lose all their credit lines and end up in League 1 the better.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down