Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
New manager debate EmptyYesterday at 11:22 am by TMG

» Pep’s at it again
New manager debate EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
New manager debate EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
New manager debate EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
New manager debate EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
New manager debate EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
New manager debate EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
New manager debate EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
New manager debate EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
New manager debate EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

New manager debate

+2
Paulpowersleftfoot
Topdawg
6 posters

Go down

New manager debate Empty New manager debate

Post by Topdawg Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:32 pm

When would you like a new manager?

Who would you like to be the next manager?

Let's be realistic here.

I reckon Pep isn't going to move in January so it's Jose in Jan or wait until the summer for Pep. Any amount of money isn't going to see Pep change his mind (Roman tried and failed). Of course I'd prefer Pep to be installed before our next game so he can spend what little money Bobby left in the kitty on decent players.

The thing with Pep is I reckon he'd be a massive draw for us to get the best players in the world.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

New manager debate Empty Re: New manager debate

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:34 pm

Not Mourinho
Pep would be my first choice but Mancini needs to go now,not in the summer
He can't be allowed to waste the transfer budget again
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:37 pm

I don't want Jose, but the timing might be right for the powers that be.

I still think they'll give him more time to get it right, by which time we'll be out of contention for the league.

Look at Tony Fernandes at QPR. He wanted to give Mark Hughes more time but admitted he couldn't let Redknapp get away.

Everyone is after Pep. I hope we get him because surely he'll have a plan B and C
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:47 pm

Savage. "You do not win the Premier League and sign Scott Sinclair, Javi Garcia, Richard Wright and Jack Rodwell and expect to strengthen when Manchester United sign Robin van Persie."

Spot on
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:01 pm

Don't Barca and Real Madrid go or at least one start signing every summer?

Barca's recent purchases include:

2012 - Alex Song and Jordi Alba
2011 - Fabregas and Alexis Sanchez
2010 - Mascherano, David Villa, Adriano
2009 - Ibrahimovic

Real Madrid recent purchases include:

2012 - Essien, Modric
2011 - Coentrao
2010 - Ozil, Di Maria, Khedira
2009 - Alonso, Ronaldo, Kaka, Benzema, Albiol

There really is no contest when we get the likes of Wright, Maicon, Garcia, Sinclair, Rodwell and Nasty (who looks the business, but 1 out of 6 isn't good work).
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:02 am

I still maintain marwood is behind all these signings. Bobby wanted money for martinez and was told too expensive Bobby had public row with marwood the press were all over it now we are told it is Bobby,s fault the signings. I firmly believe marwood was behind all of this which is why now Begiristan is here Marwood has been moved sideways.

I think Bobby does not rate sinclair which is why he won't play him and from the little i have seen i can't say i blame him, Rodwell's injury does not help the cause Maicon is a disaster, I thought Garcia was starting to show signs of why we signed him, but it seems on this forum no one rates him. I honestly thought his last 3 games have seen a marked improvement and i thought he was starting to look the business. Yaya & Silva are really annoying me at the moment, yaya for his lazy bollocks passing and lying so deep he becomes totally ineffectual and silva because for all his skill and intricate passing he will insist on one too many passes instead of letting fly especially when it is on his favoured left peg. Come to think of it Barry has the same problem pass instead of shoot.

Dzeko's hold up play has disappeared completely along with his ball control Aguero & Tevez really need to find the goal touch again and soon,

My final whinge is when we bring dzeko on why does he always go out wide to collect the ball he needs to be in the middle annoying the opponents centre back that is surely where he will cause more damage and it also gives us a target to aim at.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:23 pm

I agree with skyblueoz, the row between Bob and Marwood was widely publicised and the bugbear was money for players. Yet the money was there, we spent enough on Sinclair, Rodwell, Garcia and Maicon to stretch to a Falcao, plus we'd be paying him less wages than those other four combined. And we shouldn't have sold Nige.

I suspect, with Marwood out of the way and Begiristan in place, we'll see some better transfers and Bob getting what he wants. But I'll concede, if that doesn't happen, I'd expect to see Bob walk or get pushed at the end of the season. And Pep to be brought in.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:48 am

i concur wholely with that leo.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:24 am

I too agree leo.

However, if RM was to go, i'd want Mourinho. Irespective of whether he's an arse or not, he's a proven manager in numerous countries and in European competition......which is exactly what the big-wigs are after.

Pep's only managed 1 team, and tbh i could have managed that Barca team to silverwear.....but the top brass assembled at the club do seem to have the Barca connections.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:40 am

Good point, Shaken. If RM goes and Pep isn't ready or willing, Mourinho is the man for the job. Granted, he's an arrogant arse who is probably more suited to the arrogant arse collective over the Irwell, but you can't argue with his results and results are what we need.

Plus, if we get him first, the rags will NEVER accept him as manager and he's managed to get the odd one over on Pep as well. Job done!
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:10 pm

Mancini's problem is that he's too nice, there's no fear for the players,,it takes playing shit for half a game, before the urgency sinks in.
Hart, drop him for a few games
Give Sinclair a start.
Mourinho drops players who question him, yet he's only ever dropped Mario for such issues, sure he'll tell them to keep it shut, but he lacks that steel, that "don't dare fuck with me or else" factor.
I say he's too nice, but he's not nice enough in the arm round the player closeness that will get the players giving it all every game, there's only a handful that do, so, something has to give...
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down