Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Milan set to make £17m offer for Manchester City's Mario Balotelli EmptyToday at 3:45 pm by Nijinsky

» Pep’s at it again
Milan set to make £17m offer for Manchester City's Mario Balotelli EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Milan set to make £17m offer for Manchester City's Mario Balotelli EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Milan set to make £17m offer for Manchester City's Mario Balotelli EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Milan set to make £17m offer for Manchester City's Mario Balotelli EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Milan set to make £17m offer for Manchester City's Mario Balotelli EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Milan set to make £17m offer for Manchester City's Mario Balotelli EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Milan set to make £17m offer for Manchester City's Mario Balotelli EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Milan set to make £17m offer for Manchester City's Mario Balotelli EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Milan set to make £17m offer for Manchester City's Mario Balotelli EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Milan set to make £17m offer for Manchester City's Mario Balotelli

+6
blueboy
shakencity
bellyblue
Paulpowersleftfoot
leopold
Bewar3them00n
10 posters

Go down

Milan set to make £17m offer for Manchester City's Mario Balotelli Empty Milan set to make £17m offer for Manchester City's Mario Balotelli

Post by Bewar3them00n Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:56 pm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jan/27/milan-manchester-city-mario-balotelli

Milan will this week offer Manchester City €20m (£17m) for Mario Balotelli as the Italian club finally make concrete their desire to bring the striker to San Siro.

The bid is less than City's £24m valuation though the English champions will note that Milan's intent to sign him is serious: the price is same amount Balotelli cost them from Internazionale in the summer of 2010.

Milan may yet be able to increase their offer by around €4m, which would meet City in the middle.

Another potential stumbling block is that Milan wish to pay any fee in six instalments. City, conscious of Uefa's financial fair play regulations, may want a lump sum that can be reinvested swiftly. However, there is hope at the Rossoneri that, given Balotelli's chequered time at City plus the player's desire to move, the transfer can be done.

Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Milan set to make £17m offer for Manchester City's Mario Balotelli Empty Re: Milan set to make £17m offer for Manchester City's Mario Balotelli

Post by leopold Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:00 pm

Get it done. Payment in full or in instalments, I don't care, just get him sold and away from the club.

We'll only need a couple of mill to get Matt Smith away from Oldham. Anyone else watching the Latics v Dippers game? He's winning everything in the air and scored twice, the scousers just don't know how to stop him.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Milan set to make £17m offer for Manchester City's Mario Balotelli Empty Re: Milan set to make £17m offer for Manchester City's Mario Balotelli

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:52 pm

Just get rid
Worth taking a hit on just to get him away from the club
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:27 pm

Don't think Mancini or our owners want to take a hit on Mario, if we do sell, it'll be somewhere in between, say £20m, we're still being linked with Cavani, and now Benteke, who would be a decent replacement for Mario, but would Villa sell? and for how much?
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by bellyblue Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:18 pm

Been doing ok without him... infact much better without, sell asap and get rid. Cavani would be good for me would also put him infront of Dzeko...
bellyblue
bellyblue
Youth Team
Youth Team

http://bellytheblue@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:15 am

They keep teasing us with these stories but i really hope this one's true.....until he's actually sat on a plane at Manchester airport, i'll take it with a pinch of salt once again.

If we can get £20m for him i think we'll have done bloody well considering he's done absolutely kak all for us since he's been here.

ps. What's all this 6 instalments business......get it paid you tight gits Mad !!!!
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:49 am

I'll take that, although we only have a couple of days to sell Boateng....oh, we're keepin him ya say Laughing .
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:15 pm

Don't think we'd get Cavani, he scored again and Roma are hot on the tails of the leaders now, so would be daft to sell him
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:24 pm

On the other hand.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/21226782

TRANSFER LATEST
A chain of transfers could be triggered should Manchester City's Mario Balotelli move to AC Milan.

Italian media report that the defending Premier League champions have already made enquiries about Napoli striker Edinson Cavani. The Italian club are preparing for his departure and have offered AC Milan £24m (30m euros) for rising star Stephan El Shaarawi.

El Sharaawi has said he would love to play with Balotelli: "He's a great player and we have a good understanding."
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:39 pm

Why on earth would we want Benteke?
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:17 pm

For the same reason we wanted Rodwell and Sinclair, I guess scratch
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:45 pm

As if Lambert would sell him anyway. He just got him.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:53 pm

Re: Benteke I think he'd be far better than Mario, strong in the air, good finisher, can only get better in a better team. I don't think we've much chance of getting Cavani now, maybe in the summer ( I could be wrong!!) and if we are continuing with a target man and smaller, quicker player, then it'd make sense to pick up Benteke, but to get a player in Jan, we will pay over the odds, so it's maybe better to go for a world class finisher like Cavani if we're going to pay over the odds, but I think we'll just be getting rid of Mario if anything, unless like the rumours say, it sparks a chain of events and moves.....
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:23 pm

I will be glad to see the back of Mario, I am so disappointed with him because when he arrived he promised so much yet sadly delivered so little and I am still waiting to see the much vaunted world class skills he was supposed to possess. He's not a bad person and I wish him well but he is so infuriating.
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:14 pm

Looks like he won't be going anywhere. Wishful thinking on our part.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:47 am

shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:31 am

Depends how serious we are I think?

At the moment it's 21m and we will not subsidise his wage.

If he does go lets see what it finally is? I predict 15m and we pay £50k of wages Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:31 am

Well I hope he doesn't go & certainly not for that price

On his day like in the Euros he is a top striker. If we lose him we are left with Dzeko who is on & off, Tevez who always works hard but is not exactly scoring for fun & Aguero who is nowhere near as potent as last season.
Just think we should wait until the end of the summer & maybe give him a run of games like Dzeko has had

The only way I'd let him go is if we were buying a top striker to replace him which looks very unlikely
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:36 am

I think the Italians have a higher regard for him than we do, because of his performance at the Euro's, they're doing the same our press did with Rooney the "White Pele"!more like the white elephant to be honest in his tournament performances! They only see a great player that will fulfill his potential greatness at thier club, so if we get £21M then, we can reinvest that, plus we're apparently going to be playing 1 upfront next season, so we don't need another striker, or so the rumour goes!
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:40 am

Get what you're saying there Tony and it's a valid point about being left with 3 strikers, but i'm yet to be convinced we're ever likely to see the day he proves to be a top striker.......he's been here long enough now to have atleast given us a glimpse.
His scoring ratio this season (starting or not) is 1 in 14 and that was a penalty, hardly inspiring now is it!

shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:47 am

We'd be lucky to get £10m! And is he even worth that? Ask yourselves this...would you pay £10m for him? Or £8m! Fact is, he hasn't exactly been firing on all cylinders since he joined. As Den says, 1 in 14? Shocking for a striker.

I'd rather get rid and for £15m and then spend the money on someone who is proven to score in the PL, Bent? I'd even go for Danny Graham! Now you will laugh but if we get rid of Mario for £15, spend £5 on DG, who in my opinion is a terrific striker. Danny scores 2 goals for us, he has already done better than Mario.

Why do we find this need to go for the high profile player? Let's just get back to basics here and find someone who can just simply put the ball in the net. That's what we need and it was so frustrating seeing us on Saturday morning, finishing like a pub team.
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:26 pm

Yeah exactly Jordan & that was with Dzeko Tevez & Aguero & yet we all love them

Dezeko has been given a run of games & has done OK. Give SMB a run, give him some praise, dont get on his back & see what he can do. He may have played 14 times this season but how many has he played the full 90 mins. I dont think he's played more than 2 games consecutively & he has only started 7 games

O & he's scored 3 goals. Same as Silva & Nasri One in the league one in Europe & once in the LC

Last edited by TMG on Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:31 pm

Only going off what it said on SSN this morning when it was comparing our strikeforce, it said Dzeko had the best 10 in 20.

It's obviously league goals. Good strike rate in the LC though 1 in 1 Laughing .

Last edited by shakencity on Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Checking stats)
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:43 pm

I agree with Jordan about Danny Graham - rather have him over Benteke. I know he's older but he can shoot and score.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:07 pm

To be fair Wensdi they are different types of players each with their own strengths and qualities. We already have tricky, pacy proven goal scores in Aguero and Tevez (ok, not so much lately) but we do not have a powerful striker like Benteke so i would prefer him to Danny Graham and as you say, he is younger.
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down