Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Should Mancini Be giving another season? EmptyYesterday at 1:49 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Should Mancini Be giving another season? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Should Mancini Be giving another season? EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Should Mancini Be giving another season? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Should Mancini Be giving another season? EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Should Mancini Be giving another season? EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Should Mancini Be giving another season? EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Should Mancini Be giving another season? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Should Mancini Be giving another season? EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Should Mancini Be giving another season? EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Should Mancini Be giving another season?

+8
shakencity
Jordan
ManCityMan
leopold
blueboy
TMG
Topdawg
King JHDI
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Should Mancini Be giving another season? Empty Should Mancini Be giving another season?

Post by King JHDI Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:09 pm

First of it's great to be back! the main point is I'm having a conundrum over should Mancini stay or go on the one hand he's improved Zaba, Richards, Barry and won the title but on the other hand he was vastly helped by the money and after saturday it looks like he has lost the dressing room, some of his buys have been shocking, 18million Kolarov, 24 million for that cheese eating surrender monkey Nasri, Garcia's fucking shite, Sinclair was never going to make it here, good player but not good enough for City, do we go for Maureen, Kloppy, Moyes or the one I'm hearing about from more than one person Michael Laudrup? or back Mancini?
King JHDI
King JHDI
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Should Mancini Be giving another season? Empty Re: Should Mancini Be giving another season?

Post by Topdawg Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:26 pm

Mancini looked lost a long time ago. Remember our woeful champs league attempt?

Don't know who to get, maybe Mickey
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Should Mancini Be giving another season? Empty Re: Should Mancini Be giving another season?

Post by TMG Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:09 pm

Giving another season to who?
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:34 pm

To the fucker in the background who picks the team, takes training everyday, chooses the substitutions...as according to Mancini, it's not his fault..........MUST BE THE OTHER FELLA. Very Happy
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:31 am

He can go this week for me? He's a lucky manager with zero and I mean zero tactical nouse. If he was the real deal we would have won the league by 10 points last season, rather than the extremely lucky finish. The fact he was sounding out other jobs he thought he was a gonner.

I'm sorry any of the other 19 managers last season could have done as well with the same players. And I even include Alex McLeish in that!

It's Moyes every day of the week for me. A good old fashioned manager who isn't going to take any shit. He can build his team around Hart, Vinnie, YaYa, Silva and Aguero. We will probably get Felini in and see what he does from there.

At least we would see the end of the ultra defensive Italian shite we are seeing done badly at the moment.

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:49 am

Can't just blame the manager. Some of those players who are on £100,00 a week plus need to have a long hard look at themselves. Disgraceful performance by some of em no effort, no commitment, no passion

I'd build the team round those who actually put some effort in - Hart, Zab, Milner, Aguero, Tevez, VK

Nasri, Dzeko, Barry, Kolarov, Maicon should be moved on,
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by King JHDI Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:24 am

blisteringblue wrote:He can go this week for me? He's a lucky manager with zero and I mean zero tactical nouse. If he was the real deal we would have won the league by 10 points last season, rather than the extremely lucky finish. The fact he was sounding out other jobs he thought he was a gonner.

I'm sorry any of the other 19 managers last season could have done as well with the same players. And I even include Alex McLeish in that!

It's Moyes every day of the week for me. A good old fashioned manager who isn't going to take any shit. He can build his team around Hart, Vinnie, YaYa, Silva and Aguero. We will probably get Felini in and see what he does from there.

At least we would see the end of the ultra defensive Italian shite we are seeing done badly at the moment.
I'm sorry but that's wrong, we got 89 points last season, the Premiership record for a points tally over a season is 96 is last seasons team better than Arsenal's unbeatables or Mourinho's Chelsea or even the rag team of 08 with camelgob and Vidic in their prime with a front four of Ronaldo, Granny shagger, Berbatov and Tevez? there was a time when I didn't rate Bobby Manc but he proved me wrong but after saturday it looked like he has lost the dressing room,our most important players Hart, Kompany, Yaya, Silva and Aguero have under-performed so now I'm indiffrent,
King JHDI
King JHDI
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:19 am

TMG wrote:Can't just blame the manager. Some of those players who are on £100,00 a week plus need to have a long hard look at themselves. Disgraceful performance by some of em no effort, no commitment, no passion

I'd build the team round those who actually put some effort in - Hart, Zab, Milner, Aguero, Tevez, VK

Nasri, Dzeko, Barry, Kolarov, Maicon should be moved on,
Agree... except, move Barry on? Yeah, he had a stinker at the weekend, but if he'd shown the same commitment as most of the others, he'd not have scored that own goal, he'd have been nowhere near it. I'd give him a break.

But too many players thinking it was going to be a walkover there.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:31 pm

The players were poor in the main but how much responsibility is down to Mancini whether through his poor team selections and tactics or his clearly deteriorating relationship with some of his players?
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:31 pm

Barry has been our unsung hero for over 3 seasons. To say get rid of him after one game is madness.

He has been one of our most consistent performers. Give the guy a break.
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:34 pm

Get rid of Milner too he was crap on saturday:roll:
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:43 pm

If we got rid of everyone who was shit on Saturday we'd have no team left MCM.

Just Zaba agaisnt 11. In fact, Zaba wasn't especially great.
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:49 pm

It was tongue in cheek Joe, did Milner even get on?
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:57 pm

So was my comment MCM Wink

Not sure who was on the pitch mate. It definitely wasn't our squad anyway. Maybe it was Space Jam all over again, but with football. One can hope.
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:16 pm

That team of badgers could have played better Razz
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:35 pm

King JHDI wrote:
I'm sorry but that's wrong, we got 89 points last season, the Premiership record for a points tally over a season is 96 is last seasons team better than Arsenal's unbeatables or Mourinho's Chelsea or even the rag team of 08 with camelgob and Vidic in their prime with a front four of Ronaldo, Granny shagger, Berbatov and Tevez? there was a time when I didn't rate Bobby Manc but he proved me wrong but after saturday it looked like he has lost the dressing room,our most important players Hart, Kompany, Yaya, Silva and Aguero have under-performed so now I'm indiffrent,

Why is it wrong. We went from 10 points clear to 8 points behind and Mancini was lost, he didn't have a clue. He was saved by Mario's 6 game ban and being forced to pick what everybody knew was our best team and the Rags imploding against Wigan and Everton.

Blind luck basically. Sorry he needs more of a clue for the supposed £7m a year contract he is on.

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:21 pm

I tend to agree that we were very lucky last season. Things just fell into place for us. 8 points - did anyone think United would've lost at Wigan and drew against Everton? No.

I hate the way he has dicked about with the team this season. Regardless of what has happened over Tevez (something has again)...he and Aguero are our best strikers...Dzeko, though he scores the odd goal...is fucking woeful when he starts.

Add to this the whole debacle over the summer/Jan transfer windows.....and regardless of whether Marwood was involved or not in the transfers over the summer.....Mancini is the manager and should have made it openly clear to everyone, the fans, the club, the journo's...these are my targets - x,y,z. That puts pressure on the club to get them in.......but we end up with players who hardly play - and that's pathetic management and only down to Mancini - otherwise, he should have said "right, lets promote some youth players and build from within".....at least that would have been his direction and would've saved a shed load of cash.

The decision to let Mario go and not bring anyone in was another very odd debacle. Mancini MUST have known at the beginning of Jan that he was going to get rid.......look at the players who moved in Jan to other clubs:

Sturridge
Graham
Sissoko
Remy

Any of these would have strengthened our squad for the run-in.....but NO...he leaves himself with 3 strikers.

I hate to be so negative, but Mancini's selections have been his downfall. We could've started with pretty much the same team as last year - and maybe one or two top signings and got rid of Mario in the summer for £30-40m.......but no. He fucks around with the team consistently, just like last season. Same time again this season we lose our way after 2 months of fucking around with the team. This time....NO WAY BACK, and playing nowhere near what we were like last season.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:36 pm

Just going back to Barry. yes he's been OK this season but he aint gettin any younger & he's a slow as a carthorse. We need a quality, hard, battling no nonsense MF player. Someone like De Jong would be perfect Mad

Thanks Bobby for that one
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:47 pm

I realise that it is poor form to call for the managers head and goodness knows i am not usually in that group and i certainly hated it happening when we seemed to change managers every other week.

I respect that some people think we should give Bobby another season to prove the doubters like myself wrong and having calmed down somewhat after the debacle at St Mary's i am tempted to give him another season to prove he is the man to take us forward.

People point to the fact we are stil in second place in the Pl and still in the FA Cup and that this is not a bad situation to be in, i totally agree. However, i still do not think we should let that mask the fact that there is something wrong and the team is misfiring badly.

We stumbled into the next round of the FA Cup after an unconvincing win against Stoke, OK not an easy place to go and get a win but the performance was not great. We then struggled to score against the bottom team QPR at Loftus Road and some may say were lucky to escape with a 0-0 draw. This was then followed by a dire performance against Liverpool at home where again we were lucky to scrape a draw when we were staring defeat in the face having been outplayed for most of the game and certainly in the first half.

Then came the implosion at Southampton that seemed to merely confirm that all was not well in the City camp. Performances of some players were just awful and rightly condemned in many quarters although was it wise for the manager to do it in public?

I'm not sure the Platt/Kidd coaching team is good enough as we seem to be going backwards in certain areas, particularly passing, attacking and scoring. The new ex-Barcelona team does not seem to be helping much if the transfer windows that have come and gone and the signings made are anything to go by.

The tactics and strange substitutions made by the manager have been defended by some but i cannot understand why Tevez is being apparently frozen out again and why Milner was overlooked for the woeful Nasri or why YaYa plays every game no matter how badly he plays, contractual? who knows.

Why was Balotelli given so many chances by Mancini when he was clearly not right for the team and perhaps causing unrest in the squad? Why did he not sell him when we had the chance earlier? weren't PSG interested? Perhaps because Mancini declared to the world that he could tame Mario and bring out the raw talent and then could not admit defeat to save face?

None of us know what is going on behind the scenes so its pointless speculating about who is at fault for what but there are questions to be answered.

Some people on here and 606 think that people like myself should shut up and not speak badly about the manager or the team. I disagree, i think that forums thrive on opinions, without differing opinions there are no forums. I would add that i have been a City fan for over 40 years and i am passionate about my club and even in the lean years i have stuck by them. If i feel the need to criticise where i think it is deserved then that is what free speech is all about my friends. cheers

Sorry for the Speech
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:52 pm

What are you trying to say MCM? tongue

I completely agree. Almost identical to my previous post in the "Anybody know........." topic.
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:15 pm

F***ed if I know joe, just pissed off I think and felt like a rant. I think I've upset Vince now too, unintentionally. Crying or Very sad
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:21 pm

MCM,

Yes I saw Vince's post on JA606. It surprises me that because Vince, like all of us hear have voiced our own opinions, and sometimes they differ. Nothing wrong with that, it's a forum like you said.

I happen to believe that on here, barring ONH, it's a relatively intelligent forum. Some of us agree, some of us disagree but think we all listen and take points in each others topics.

Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:28 pm

To answer the OPs question.......NO, unless he wins the FA Cup this season.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:32 pm

MCM, you are right that discussion only comes from a difference of opinion. The fact that this particular subject is the result of heated debate and the blinkered notion from some quarters that some other people should shut up suggests that there is enough evidence to suggest he's not the right man for the job.

It looks to me like there's a roughly 50/50 split between the stay and go camps and I believe that, while opinion is still so divided, he should stay and we all sit tight for a little while longer and see what happens.

We've not had a great season, but we've shown fight and spirit in games and dragged out results in our favour. We've just had three bad games in a row and there's a chance we might just be reacting too quickly to that. But maybe the Southampton game is the kick up the backside we need to get going again.

For me, the next two games are critical. If we lose them, then we're out of the FA Cup, with Chelsea right behind us, United potentially 15 points clear and our place also possibly under direct threat from Spurs. If that happens, our season would effectively be over, I can see a greater swing toward the "go" camp and I think Bob won't last much longer.

Right now, I'm chalking Southampton up as a blip. If we blow the next two games, then the season is dead and we'll have gone backwards and I'd be inclined to look for a replacement.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:01 pm

Leo If that happens then it wont matter what we think( not that it does anyway) Bobby will be booted out by the owners
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:10 pm

I want to be upbeat and excited about my team like I was last season. Had we failed against QPR in that last game and the rags won the title I would have not been as downbeat as I am right now because we would have given it a good go and failed at the last hurdle. This season I feel that we have never even been in the race since the rags gained the top spot back. We have had a couple of good games but we have struggled through many more and winning or salvaging a draw has disguised the fact that we have struggled in my view.
I think we will beat Leeds and get a draw from Chelsea.
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:40 pm

It would be a huge setback if Mancini is fired - we accomplished so much last season but I totally understand the sentiments on here for and against.

QPR, Liverpool and then the loss to the Saints was unacceptable with the players we have. The 1-0 loss to Sunderland was also a blow - and then of course losing to the rags. Yes we have had a share of injuries and players out for other reasons, but I haven't been able to sit and watch City without being a nervous nelly for a couple of months now.

Mancini has not made the most understandable substitutions recently nor have his tactics been spot on.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:27 pm

It's never been about winning things for me,it's nice but not the be all and end all. I just can't stomach watching a completely unmotivated team devoid of tactics represent City and Mancini must take the blame for that
Poor transfer dealings,no plan B whatsoever,clueless substitutions have been the story of the season
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:30 pm

You'd be lynched if you said that over on JA606 PPLF.

I couldn't agree more! My thoughts entirely. If we'd be 5th at the minute but we'd played brilliant, looked motivated and looked to give it all every game then fairplay. But we're lying in 2nd and some people may argue if you are there then you deserve it, but I disagree. Lucky to get a point at QPR, very fortunate that Reina made an error against Liverpool, and we were extremely lucky not to be thrashed 5-0 against Soton.
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:57 pm

Different opinions are what forums thrive on
So long as topics are debated sensibly dont see the issue to be honest
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:16 pm

Paulpowersleftfoot wrote:Different opinions are what forums thrive on
So long as topics are debated sensibly dont see the issue to be honest

Agreed. Just haven't seen a lot of that lately on JA606 which is a shame.

Least this place has found some new sense of intelligence since the RWC left.
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincents' Shadow MCFC Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:42 am

So ManCityMan, you are Blue Phoenix on Ja606?

Like I said, you did rile me mate, I may have took it wrong, not sure.

Jordan - ''You'd be lynched if you said that over on JA606 PPLF.''

Not sure thats true, not enough of you on here post on there anymore.
Vincents' Shadow MCFC
Vincents' Shadow MCFC
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincents' Shadow MCFC Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:43 am

I'm all for difference of opinion, you all know that.

Just don't appreciate being called out and classed as silly, for not wanting to post sometimes due to topic of what I read.

Vincents' Shadow MCFC
Vincents' Shadow MCFC
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:50 am

Vincents' Shadow MCFC wrote:I'm all for difference of opinion, you all know that.

Just don't appreciate being called out and classed as silly, for not wanting to post sometimes due to topic of what I read.

We will always have differing opinions,amazingly some City fans were of the opinion that the moronic italian fuckwit mario was worth keeping for instance.
I suspect years of changing managers on a whim have taken their toll and the desperation for long term stability have clouded peoples judgement as far as mancini is concerned.
If he was a manager in any other business he wouldve been out on his ear by now
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:51 am

Vince,

To be honest mate I miss your opinions over here. You rant like the best of us. But it does seem on JA606 that if your opinions differ from someone else then you look forward to a written beating. Not saying you, but certain people on there.

I feel that's why a lot of people come here now rather than over on there.
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincents' Shadow MCFC Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:57 am

Paul. look mate I agree with your mentallity, I do.

I understand that the frustration boils over for us all.

Nothing has clouded my judgement, I just aint a kneejerker, I try and be patient and logical in regards to City, otherwise it send you insane!!

I as you know COULD NOT STAND MARIO, and I am glad we got rid, but I feel that a recent run of 3 bad games does not warrent clearing out RM thats all, my opinion.

Vincents' Shadow MCFC
Vincents' Shadow MCFC
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincents' Shadow MCFC Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:58 am

Joe - Fair enough, but it could be a better forum if we were all posting on there, to back up those of us like Paul, and Bean etc who fight the blue corner on a daily basis.

There is a load of muppets on it granted, but also some good points are raised.
Vincents' Shadow MCFC
Vincents' Shadow MCFC
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:59 am

Vincents' Shadow MCFC wrote:Paul. look mate I agree with your mentallity, I do.

I understand that the frustration boils over for us all.

Nothing has clouded my judgement, I just aint a kneejerker, I try and be patient and logical in regards to City, otherwise it send you insane!!

I as you know COULD NOT STAND MARIO, and I am glad we got rid, but I feel that a recent run of 3 bad games does not warrent clearing out RM thats all, my opinion.

He definitely needs til the end of the season anyway. Maybe see who he brings in over summer. A bit of deadwood out, and some nice signings might be the saviour of him.
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincents' Shadow MCFC Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:01 am

Joe, I agree, thats what I mean.

I would call for head IF this season goes tits up (no cup, finish out of top 3 and mediocre signings are made).

I feel we owe RM that at least, for what he has already brought to the fans.
Vincents' Shadow MCFC
Vincents' Shadow MCFC
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:06 am

Vince,

I agree - I think the whole uproar after the S'Hampton game was justified. The line-up was baffling, as were the substitutions and the tactics were dyer. I think after that game, people were a bit hot-headed, including myself, and wrote certain things whilst angry isn't always the best.

Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:25 am

If we lose on Sunday, he shouldn't be here next season.......even if we finish 2nd.

That's my opinion and i'm sticking to it Razz
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:32 am

Sad bastard that I am,through having a far too cushy existence,I follow them all over the country & Europe
It's on the journeys home from the away games when the commitment from the team fails by some way to match the commitment from the supporters that the thought process moved to seething mode by the time I was back from st Mary's
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincents' Shadow MCFC Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:52 am

Paul, not a sad bastard a shining example of a True Blue.

I completely understand how it must seem to you on those days.

Shaken - I will be edging nearer to that viewpoint If that happens, but I will still hold out to see where we actually finish.
Vincents' Shadow MCFC
Vincents' Shadow MCFC
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:13 am

I'm still struggling with this topic. I would prefer to have some patience because that is what worked for the rags when their fans were calling for Taggart's head in the early days. And I'm sure he made baffling decisions too, although I'd be hard pressed to know what they were because (a) I don't much care and (b) I don't remember what happened last week, so 25 years ago is too big an ask.

What makes this hard is, I don't understand why we all feel the need to follow the Chelsea route of "We ain't winning so change the manager" mentality when we lose a few games. Why? Arsenal have only once come close to winning anything in the last 7 years and they lost out to a Birmingham side that bust a gut to beat them, yet they stick with Wenger through it all. I'm not suggesting we should be satisfied with nothing at all, but Arsenal fans are happy that he keeps them very competitive and perhaps we should take the same view.

I don't believe my judgement has been clouded by years of managerial change, but as Taggart showed at United, it takes more than a couple of seasons to get your grand plan organised and working. If we ditch Bobby now, or at the end of the season, I think we may be throwing away more than we'd gain. I'd still want to give him another season.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:19 am

leopold wrote:I'm not suggesting we should be satisfied with nothing at all, but Arsenal fans are happy that he keeps them very competitive and perhaps we should take the same view.

I

Very good point Leo. However, if we lose to Leeds on Sunday and then Chelsea, that's 15 points behind the PL Leaders, and we are no longer competitive.

I'm happy with competitive, but we are currently only competing for one trophy. In my opinion. I'm like you, I just have no idea what is best, thank god I'm not a Chairman of a football club because I'm more fickle than the Spuds.
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:29 am

Potentially 15 points behind, Jordan. United might not win either. But we will be just 1 point above third and, should Spurs win, two points above fourth.

As for competitive, Arsenal aren't even in with much of a shout of a CL place next season unless someone above them collapses. Maybe if that happens, Wenger would be out on his ear. Would we want to take a punt on him as the next boss?
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:31 am

leopold wrote:
As for competitive, Arsenal aren't even in with much of a shout of a CL place next season unless someone above them collapses. Maybe if that happens, Wenger would be out on his ear. Would we want to take a punt on him as the next boss?

I'd rather have McLeish.
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:35 am

McLeish? He's the Scottish Alan Ball.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:40 am

Good points leo, but Wenger never had the spending power RM has.

Wenger won trophy after trophy with Arsenal at Highbury but had the money to spend, however, once they moved to the Emirates the money dried up and they couldn't attract the top players anymore (and i presume the fans and Wenger were told this).....this isn't the same scinario at City. If we had no money to spend we can't complain, but we do and we can.

Totally get that changing the manager too often isn't a good thing, but my personal opinion of RM is that he simply ain't good enough to take us to the level our owners crave. We struggled in the league too often last season, which hasn't changed one iota this. We struggled in the CL last season (ok, it was our 1st) but if anything we're worse this season....we never won a single bloody game. We lost in the League Cup to Villa at home (with a decent side playing), which is probably worse than last season.....can't remember.
We seem to be going backwards, when we have no excuses not to be going forwards.

I'm going on Sunday, so we'd better not lose....i will not be a happy chappy if we do.

Last edited by shakencity on Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:41 am

Amazing however poor Pearce, Ball & Mcleish are,they arent in Frank Clarks league
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next