Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Players need to feel the pressure of new signings EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:51 am by Jwils2710

» Pep’s at it again
Players need to feel the pressure of new signings EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Players need to feel the pressure of new signings EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Players need to feel the pressure of new signings EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Players need to feel the pressure of new signings EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Players need to feel the pressure of new signings EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Players need to feel the pressure of new signings EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Players need to feel the pressure of new signings EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Players need to feel the pressure of new signings EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Players need to feel the pressure of new signings EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Players need to feel the pressure of new signings

2 posters

Go down

Players need to feel the pressure of new signings Empty Players need to feel the pressure of new signings

Post by Topdawg Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:29 am

I'm sure we all agree that last summer we played our hand poorly in the transfer window.

Players need to feel under pressure from new signings and that just didn't happen.

Remember the season before when Kolo Toure allegedly said "When you look at the performance of Savic against QPR – excuse me, I'm relaxed." It meant he felt no pressure for his place and he could play below 100% and still retain his place in the team.

Zabba and Micah wouldn't be worried by Maicon, though Zabba gives his all anyway.

Barry wouldn't have been worried by Garcia, though Barry has been pretty good most of the season anyway.

Lezza probably underestimated Nasty and look where Lezza is heading now - out of the door.

Yaya didn't worry about Rodwell, but Yaya is a beast anyway.

Our forwards had no-one new to pressure them, though Tevez started well and puts the effort in as does Sergio.

No-one had to worry about Sinclair as we don't play with wide men.

Nasri hasn't had to worry about his place until recently regardless of how little effort he showed.

Richard Wright - don't see the point of him really.

My point is that players need to feel that their place is under pressure when we buy new talent. Then, hopefully, they will up their game.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Players need to feel the pressure of new signings Empty Re: Players need to feel the pressure of new signings

Post by shakencity Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:47 am

In summary, competition for places keeps everyone on their toes......but that competition has to be equal if not better. This was the problem as you say Dawg, it wasn't and we've slipped. This needs to be addressed in the close season if we're to try and regain our PL crown, if it's not we'll continue to struggle.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down