Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» Have it - Four in a row
Why we should keep Mancini at least another season.... EmptyToday at 4:44 am by titbumwilly

» 23/24 Prediction League
Why we should keep Mancini at least another season.... EmptyYesterday at 8:49 am by Jwils2710

» So, it's another last day shoot out.
Why we should keep Mancini at least another season.... EmptyFri May 17, 2024 5:36 pm by Topdawg

» Today's game
Why we should keep Mancini at least another season.... EmptyThu May 16, 2024 1:25 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Why we should keep Mancini at least another season.... EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Why we should keep Mancini at least another season.... EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Why we should keep Mancini at least another season.... EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Why we should keep Mancini at least another season.... EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Why we should keep Mancini at least another season.... EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Why we should keep Mancini at least another season.... EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Why we should keep Mancini at least another season....

+4
ManCityMan
Topdawg
Bewar3them00n
Jordan
8 posters

Go down

Why we should keep Mancini at least another season.... Empty Why we should keep Mancini at least another season....

Post by Jordan Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:56 am

....Chelsea Football Club.
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Why we should keep Mancini at least another season.... Empty Re: Why we should keep Mancini at least another season....

Post by Bewar3them00n Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:25 am

I'd have to agree, while we've all questioned his tactics and team selections at times, he isn't afraid to say what he means when players don't perform, and deserve it (Nasri) and he's shipped out Mario after 10 too many chances, and AJ, who has wasted a promising start, England call up, crucial goals, to prance about in Vivian Westwood kilts, piss his talent up the wall and disappear in obscurity...
We have been consistently in the top 3 for the past 3 seasons, won the title, won the FA Cup, had our first forays in the CL ( this season could have been so much better but for lapses in concentration) we haven't see sawed like Chelsea, who have been like a punch drunk Ali doing the rope-a-dope from manager to manager.
We might even have another Wembley trip this season, and if we can at least do something to wreck UTD's charmed season, it might keep a few people quiet in the media.
What he does, and what City do with respects to shipping out those who don't want it bad enough, and bringing new classy talent, will go someway in showing how we intend to get back to the top again
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Why we should keep Mancini at least another season.... Empty Re: Why we should keep Mancini at least another season....

Post by Topdawg Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:49 am

For all the highs (and they are well appreciated), I think he has underperformed with the squad he has and the money he has at his disposal.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:35 pm

He has made mistakes with team selections and substitutions during games but surely he can only learn from his mistakes? Next season if he continues to makes the same mistakes then he will only have himself to blame if sheik Mansour gets rid of him. The City fans in the main will continue to support him and chant his name at every game while he is the manager unlike Chelsea fans who are a disgrace. DiMatteo should never have been sacked after winning the CL but that is not reason to treat Rafa in the way they have, it is their owner that is destroying their club but because he controls the purse strings they wont criticise him the cowards.
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:39 pm

They know that without Roman they'll slip and slide down the table or have to pay double on their season tickets.

Do you reckon Mancini will ever get booed?
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:43 pm

Thing is though MCM, he made these mistakes last season but rectified them just in time towards the end and we went on to win the league.
This season he's made the same mistakes, but this time round it's gonna be too late to do anything about it......in other words, he's NOT learning from his mistakes, so why will next season be any different?

Agree with Dawg!
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:48 pm

Maybe you're right shaken, i feel that we owe him at least one more season for the trophies he brought us but after that if we have not made any further progress i'm afraid he'll have to go.
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:55 pm

You're probably right mate and to be honest i do forget quickly where we were a few seasons back, but i'm a greedy bugger and want success on an annual basis now i'm gettin used to it....let's hope he brings us the FA Cup again and his future with us won't even be in question Wink .
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:46 pm

I don't think we would ever boo a manager. I can honestly say I've never booed a manager or player. I heard little boos when Tevez came on after the Bayern fiasco. Just don't feel we're a club of booing mentality. There are many about though, recently. Chelsea, Blackburn and Arsenal to name a few.
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:47 pm

It's disgraceful the way the Chelski supporters are behaving towards Rafa who is only "interim" manager. Like MCM says - it's all down to the owner with the massive ego who should never have displaced DiMatteo - what was he thinking? Chelsea are a shambles at the moment - and with all the talent they have too. Wish we could steal Juan Mata while they are not looking!!
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:48 pm

Jordan (joemanton) wrote:I don't think we would ever boo a manager. I can honestly say I've never booed a manager or player.
Player, no. If I'm not happy with a player, I just don't make a noise. As for a manager, I have to confess I came very close to it with Alan Ball. And this is how I felt before we'd kicked a ball with him in charge! The only time I felt like cheering him was when he announced he was quitting.

"Are they saying 'Boo' or 'Boo-all'?"

Wensdi wrote:Wish we could steal Juan Mata while they are not looking!!
I'm glad it's not just me that thinks this. How good would our midfield be with him in the side alongside Silva?
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:14 pm

Funny thing is Arsenal were looking at Mata but didn't make a move and they did the same with Cahill.

Maybe they wouldn't have bought Carzola (Mata is far better anyway) but they'd be a much better team if they had Mata and Cahill. RVP would probably still have left, but they'd be harder to beat and better going forwards too.

Sometimes you have to strike whilst the iron is hot.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:41 pm

He's quietly awesome isn't he? Thought it for a while - he would have fit into our squad quite nicely.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:44 pm

They dismissed Mata and probably went for Gervinho instead.

Said no to Cahill but decided to buy Mertesacker.

Something tells me their scout needs sacking!
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:15 pm

Wensdi wrote:He's quietly awesome isn't he? Thought it for a while - he would have fit into our squad quite nicely.
Yes and yes. I've rated him for a while too, and yet some people I speak to don't think he's all that good. Maybe they're all stupid, because they all said we should sell Zabaleta a couple of years back...
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:18 pm

Although I like Mata I just dont think there is room for him in our MF
Bale or Wilshere yes but not another Silva esque player
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:41 pm

I'm hard pushed to say who is better, Silva or Mata. Mata does know where the net is, hasn't he got 17 or 18 goals this season?
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:49 am

Yeah, something like that, Dawg, I think he's the second or third highest goalscorer in the PL at present.

I'd disagree he's like Silva though. Our magician has superb ball control, but Mata is definitely more attack minded in my view - more of a Wilshere, I'd say.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down