Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Congratulations to Manchester United EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 3:57 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Congratulations to Manchester United EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Congratulations to Manchester United EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Congratulations to Manchester United EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Congratulations to Manchester United EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Congratulations to Manchester United EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Congratulations to Manchester United EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Congratulations to Manchester United EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Congratulations to Manchester United EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Congratulations to Manchester United EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

Top posting users this month
No user

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Congratulations to Manchester United

+3
leopold
shakencity
Topdawg
7 posters

Go down

Congratulations to Manchester United Empty Congratulations to Manchester United

Post by Topdawg Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:02 pm

You're kidding!
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Congratulations to Manchester United Empty Re: Congratulations to Manchester United

Post by shakencity Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:07 am

I'm bigger than that and congratulate them on winning the PL from us, we just haven't been good enough this season and they are deserving winners.

If the disappointment from having this taken away from us doesn't hurt the players, then we're really gonna struggle next season. I hope they learn from this and come back with a bit more fight, I also hope the top brass see the need to invest and hand the manager the funds needed to reclaim that title.

We will come back stronger!
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Congratulations to Manchester United Empty Re: Congratulations to Manchester United

Post by Topdawg Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:18 am

You know me Den, only kidding.

I can see past the tremendous disappointment I feel at giving up the title so tamely. Utd. have been stronger, winning matches when they have played badly.

We've also won a few due to a piece of individual brilliance (such as Tevez's winner against Wigan) but we have underperformed as a team.

I still think Mancini's continued reign will depend on how we finish the season and if we win the FA Cup. Slip down to 3rd or 4th and lose to Wigan, then it could, and maybe should, be curtains for him.

We have to look at those players that didn't want it enough and quickly decide (if we haven't done so already) who should be retained for next season.

My list of slackers:

Kolarov, Nasri, Dzeko.

Some other players need competition for their places as they have blown hot and cold. For me, these include:

Hart, Kompany, Yaya Toure.

Some others have been injured or have just completed their first season in the PL so they deserve another chance:

Micah, Rodwell, Garcia.

Hand on heart, how many players can we say have given their all and had a decent season?

Zabba, Nasty, Milner, Silva, Tevez, Aguero, Barry.

A couple of players were silly buys and should move on: Maicon and Sinclair.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:25 am

Pretty good assessment that Dawg, although I think Silva's should be in the "hot n cold" category.

We all know we have the team to win it, but you're right, the players and I guess the manager have under-performed this season and inturn we've let the Rags walk away with it. A couple of new additions, coupled with a renewed fight for places, should get us right back in the race next season.

ps. We'll finish 2nd and win the FA Cup, keeping RM at the helm for next season.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:37 am

Silva falls into the decent season category for me. He didn't hit the heights of last season and we really do need him to get there again.

If I had to pick player(s) of the season, Zabba and Nasty would top my list.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:47 am

Silva has been hot and cold because he's been plagued with a niggling injury which has stopped him being as good as we know he can be. Hopefully a decent rest in the close season, with no international competitions to worry about, followed by a fun junket somewhere to boost morale, should do wonders for him and for anyone else who's disappointed.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:28 pm

I was about t say well done until I saw that Ferdinand has lipped in with a "our title's bigger than yours" rant...FFS, grow up! Stating that they did it proper, not on goal difference.... How petty, how gracious in victory..... rio, you may think it's bigger, but the world and his dog know we did it better than anyone else last season with the Aguero moment (tm) United's win has had an air of inevitability about it for some time now, so it's kind of a relief that I don't have to keep hanging on to a feint hope of winning anymore.
Didn't help that I was trying to ignore it last night by watching Crimson Tide! Oh the irony!

Last edited by Bewar3them00n on Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by coolenglishbob Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:11 pm

As I said elsewhere,I hope someone is working for new signings,but the one player I think deserves credit is Carlos Tevez.He has been immense this last month or so.We really should try and sign him to a longer deal Smile

coolenglishbob
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:19 pm

When we won the title last year I dont remember the BBC doing 10 different articles on us in a single day. Fergie a magician, Wot Van Pussy thinks, Grannyshagger thinks, Wot Up SAF arse McNulty thinks. Fuck me backwards !!!

Last edited by TMG on Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:32 pm

Well, it's a return to the status quo for the media, no jumped up little upstarts making it interesting. They've had plenty of time to do the write ups for all and sundry throughout the UTD ranks, while they had to hastily throw something together last minute as we wrenched the title from under Fergies nose.
We'll really have to look at ourselves during the summer, and the Spanish duo, I hope have done their homework, and have some decent signing s up their sleeves!
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:37 pm

Fuck em
Regroup and go again
Must get the transfers sorted out early and get them bedded in quickly preferably without Mancini and his moonheaded fuckwit
Pellegrini or Klopp would do very nicely
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:57 pm

Why not get the fella that is leaving Bayern?
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:41 pm

TMG wrote:When we won the title last year I dont remember the BBC doing 10 different articles on us in a single day. Fergie a magician, Wot Van Pussy thinks, Grannyshagger thinks, Wot Up SAF arse McNulty thinks. Fuck me backwards !!!
Everyone's had those on standby for the last 12 months, they had them ready to show in April 2012!
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:44 am

Oh dear, looks like Chelsea's points record isn't going to be in any danger now!

lol!

I love it when those cocky bastards get knocked down a peg or two... First the triple, then the double, now this. Excellent!
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down