Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 20 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 20 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
So, who will the dirty Rags get....... EmptyYesterday at 8:43 pm by Wensdi

» Pep’s at it again
So, who will the dirty Rags get....... EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
So, who will the dirty Rags get....... EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
So, who will the dirty Rags get....... EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
So, who will the dirty Rags get....... EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
So, who will the dirty Rags get....... EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
So, who will the dirty Rags get....... EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
So, who will the dirty Rags get....... EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
So, who will the dirty Rags get....... EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
So, who will the dirty Rags get....... EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

So, who will the dirty Rags get.......

+6
Bewar3them00n
Jordan
leopold
TMG
Topdawg
shakencity
10 posters

Go down

So, who will the dirty Rags get....... Empty So, who will the dirty Rags get.......

Post by shakencity Wed May 08, 2013 9:28 am

to replace Fergie then?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22447018

Are we automatically presuming Mourinho's going to Chelsea, when all along he may be going to OT?
Moyes is the favourite and tbh I can see him going.

But what do you reckon folks?
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

So, who will the dirty Rags get....... Empty Re: So, who will the dirty Rags get.......

Post by Topdawg Wed May 08, 2013 9:51 am

Jose is the fave at the moment.

Jose, Moyes, Klopp, Heynckes even Martinez!

They should be weakened by this so even more reason to get the signings right this summer.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

So, who will the dirty Rags get....... Empty Re: So, who will the dirty Rags get.......

Post by TMG Wed May 08, 2013 9:55 am

Has to be another miserable moaning sour faced Jock ! Doesn't bode well for our Derby matches as we nearly always lose to Everton !

However as Dawg says they will be weakened by the loss of Purple Nose

Great news for City fans
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Wed May 08, 2013 9:56 am

Agreed Dawg, we need to take advantage of this and get our targets on board this time round to mount a much better challenge next season. The Rags could well have a much slower start because of this and we have to take advantage.

Can't see Martinez goin there, but it won't be too long before another PL team comes in to get him from relegated Wigin.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 08, 2013 10:01 am

Mark Hughes lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Wed May 08, 2013 10:27 am

Stevie Bruce, Roy Keane or Ferguson Jnr?
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Wed May 08, 2013 10:37 am

Apparently this was all over Twitter last night. They were talking about it on the radio and dismissing it as being extremely unlikely.

I'll be glad to see the back of him. With a bit of luck, that'll be the end of their dynasty and another club can get a crack at being top dog.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Wed May 08, 2013 11:36 am

Moyes to OT
Mourinho to Chelsea
Martinez to Everton

Easy peasy.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 08, 2013 12:00 pm

.... and we end up with Pelligrino who has done what exactly? I'd rather we stick with Bobby.

(and I've not been his biggest fan)

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Wed May 08, 2013 12:12 pm

With you there blisterin.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Wed May 08, 2013 1:44 pm

They must have had it sorted already. They wouldn't want to go into the summer not having someone on place.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Wed May 08, 2013 1:48 pm

I agree TD. I reckon it's Moyes. It's all too coincidental with his contract finishing, not signing a new one, and Slur Alex going this season.

United will be 3rd next season I reckon. Us and Chelsea fighting for top spot.
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Wed May 08, 2013 1:52 pm

A lot of money on Moyes yesterday, he is very short odds on now (5 to one on) and Times are reporting that he will be named within an hour as new manager
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Wed May 08, 2013 1:56 pm

It's Moyes.

Confirmed now apparently.
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Wed May 08, 2013 2:21 pm

All I've seen is speculation. You got a link to that, Jordan?
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Wed May 08, 2013 2:24 pm

I heard it on TalkSport Leo. I've had a look and can't find anything confirmed.

I guess we can't take it as gosepl until the rags confirm it.
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Wed May 08, 2013 2:29 pm

At least that should give us a better chance of beating Everton!
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Wed May 08, 2013 2:50 pm

I'm just hoping their new appointment takes an eternity to complete, so they can't sign all these players they were talking about snapping up.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Wed May 08, 2013 3:07 pm

Best news I've heard all day! It was Fergies ability to wring the best out of his squad that has been the difference.
Unless they manage to land the good players, I can't see Moyes being able to attract the big names the way Fergie did, and there will be a certain amount of uncertainty of his ability at a big Club.
Saying that, Moyes does know how to get the best out of his players, but will he have the same stature at OT, he's won nowt....
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Wed May 08, 2013 3:23 pm

Hughes used to get the best out of his players at Blackburn, but look how he fell apart with a bit of brass to spend. No guarantees Moyes will, but none that he won't either.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Wed May 08, 2013 3:56 pm

I don't think the name of moyes will prove to bigger obstacle in attracting players. like it or not utd are a big team in European & world circles so players will want to play for them, the downside will be for them is if they have a prolonged period of not winning anything then it will be harder to attract the right caliber of player.

on the manager front Mourinho would be favourite but if fergie is in the background at Utd how would mourinho feel. Moyes would be a financially more viable option less wages & and not in contract at Everton so no compensation package.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by coolenglishbob Wed May 08, 2013 5:28 pm

Regardless of who gets the job,Fergie is still going to be at the club,putting his oar in.Mourinho will not stand for that ,I don´t think,so it would seem that Moyes will have to still take on Fergies opinions,if he takes the job, and at Everton he has been the one with the final say.Big difference!! Smile

coolenglishbob
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Wed May 08, 2013 8:37 pm

We can 4 get getting Baines or Fellaini now !
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Wed May 08, 2013 9:43 pm

Now the Beeb reckon Moyes could be named on Thursday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22453895

I suspect his appointment is more to do with stopping us beating them in future Laughing
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Wed May 08, 2013 9:56 pm

Don't think that's necessarily the case Tony. Moyes might not want Fellaini and Baines at Utd, leavin the door open for anyone else to sign them.
Admittedly though, if Moyes is confirmed as their new boss, realistically there's every chance he'll be having a small word in their shell like.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu May 09, 2013 5:09 pm

Bloody hell, looks like TalkShite got something right for once!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22453802

Bizarre appointment, I suspect he'll be nothing more than Taggart's puppet.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Thu May 09, 2013 7:10 pm

I think it's a canny appointment. Another Scot - and someone who has operated well on a very small budget (for years) compared to many clubs in the Prem. Not only that - but we have found Everton hard to beat for the last umpteen years. He's well respected by his players, owner etc., he will do very well at OT - I'm sure of that. If Fergie wanted somebody to manipulate - he wouldn't have picked Moyes.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Thu May 09, 2013 8:28 pm

Hello Wensdi - look time no speak.

I completely agree with you. And I'm rather nervous how United will do now. I think it's a great appointed, for them - not us. Not that I would have particularly wanted Moyes at City, but like you said he is well respected and ultimately he was Ferguson's choice, which mean he will definitely be respected by the players there. He has also done well in the transfer market in the past.

I think you are right when you see he won't be manipulated, but his management skills will be refined and improved even more with Taggart in the background.

Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Thu May 09, 2013 8:53 pm

Hi Jordan - glad you agree. It was never going to be Jose - he would be off after a couple of years. The heir apparent will also be allowed to take who he wants from Everton I'm sure. There were some on here who also would have taken Moyes if Mancini were sacked - he is a very good choice - and unfortunately I think he will do really well.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu May 09, 2013 10:35 pm

One ugly fucker for another.Razz
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu May 09, 2013 10:59 pm

Wensdi wrote:... someone who has operated well on a very small budget (for years) compared to many clubs in the Prem. Not only that - but we have found Everton hard to beat for the last umpteen years. He's well respected by his players, owner etc., he will do very well ...
Replace Everton with Blackburn Rovers, and you're talking about Mark Hughes!

Granted, Moyes at our place wouldn't have been a bad appointment as he'd have given us the steel we needed to beat teams like Everton did, something we lack. Also, his lack of European experience wouldn't have been much of a hindrance compared to Bobby's regular abject failure. But we can afford this kind of speculative appointment because, right now, we're only a biggish club with more money than we know what to do with. United, on the other hand, and as much as I hate saying it, is a massive club with a massive reputation and I can't help but wonder why a manager with no experience of winning anything or having any European experience would be the right one. A bit like Brendan Rodgers at Liverpool, in a way.

No, it's almost as though the thinking is, at least they're hiring someone with a good record at beating us, because we're the most direct threat to their dominance. Or is that being a bit narcissistic?
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Fri May 10, 2013 2:57 am

You must be sniffing something Leo!! Chelsea are a big threat too - remember with deep pockets. You must be taking the Michael. I think Gollum is an excellent fit for the Rags - he can hardly be compared to Hughes - although Martinez beat Gollum's lot in the Cup. Hope Martinez doesn't go to Everton though - now that would be a nightmare - he's a manager I would like to see at City.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri May 10, 2013 4:45 am

People easily forget Moyes' bad buys. For every good purchase, there will be a turd lurking somewhere.

Moyes will have a strong team around him (I reckon most of the Utd. staff will stay) and Booby C and Slur Alex available for advice/support.

His first year may well be the toughest as they will be expected to hit the ground running. He cannot afford his usual bad starts to the season he had many times at Everton otherwise Chelsea and City may be far away over the league title horizon.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Fri May 10, 2013 8:13 am

Sorry Wensdi, but I can see Martinez goin to Everton (if Wigan go down)....and I actually think he'd do pretty well. Would be a good replacement for the Toffees imo.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Fri May 10, 2013 8:47 am

There will be a lot of added pressure on Moyes from the start, both internally and externally... He has the backing of Fergie, but does that necessarily equate to authority in the dressing room? He will have to prove himself to all first and formost, it will be interesting to see how he gets on, if he takes Baines and Fellani with him too.
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri May 10, 2013 9:12 am

There is talk of him taking Fellaini and Baines would be another obvious choice as he'd either be 1st choice or provide stiff competition to Evra.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Fri May 10, 2013 10:28 am

Wensdi wrote:You must be sniffing something Leo!! Chelsea are a big threat too - remember with deep pockets. You must be taking the Michael. I think Gollum is an excellent fit for the Rags - he can hardly be compared to Hughes - although Martinez beat Gollum's lot in the Cup. Hope Martinez doesn't go to Everton though - now that would be a nightmare - he's a manager I would like to see at City.
Chelsea, a threat?
lol!

Sorry Wensdi, but I disagree with you on Chelsea. They had to spend eleventy million quid this season just to get back to third place, are they really going to be able to afford to do the same again? And bearing in mind we actually weakened our team and still finished above them, we played them FOUR times this season and we didn't lose to them once, I'd say their threat is minimal. On paper, that Chelsea team should murder anyone, but the only chance they have is if Mourinho goes back there and even then it's not a given.

As far as Moyes not being a Hughes... Look at Hughes' tenure at Blackburn: He had very few resources, an old stadium, some old players, some duffers and yet he managed to get them into the upper third of the table every season. He was able to eke out every last scrap of performance from his team. Sound like any sour faced jocks who've just landed the biggest gig in the Prem to you? I'm not saying he'll go the same way, but I'll not rule out the possibility.

As for Martinez, I suspect he'll be offered the Everton job regardless of what happens to Wigan. I doubt he'll get a bigger gig right now as he's not got enough experience, but he's definitely destined for something huge at some point and Everton will be an excellent platform for him.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down