Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Is Pellegrini so bad? EmptyToday at 11:22 am by TMG

» Pep’s at it again
Is Pellegrini so bad? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Is Pellegrini so bad? EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Is Pellegrini so bad? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Is Pellegrini so bad? EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Is Pellegrini so bad? EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Is Pellegrini so bad? EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Is Pellegrini so bad? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Is Pellegrini so bad? EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Is Pellegrini so bad? EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Is Pellegrini so bad?

+8
coolenglishbob
Mainerdwasmychurch
leopold
TMG
Paulpowersleftfoot
shakencity
Bewar3them00n
Topdawg
12 posters

Go down

Is Pellegrini so bad? Empty Is Pellegrini so bad?

Post by Topdawg Sun May 12, 2013 7:37 pm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/may/12/manuel-pellegrini-manchester-city-malaga

Ok, people can put their own spin on things but is Pellegrini really a bad option? He plays attacking football, something I am sure we all want.

He'll get us some top class attacking talent, something I am sure we all want.

He stands a better chance of getting us out of the group stages of the champions league, even though Bobby has been dealt a rotten hand with the groups we have been in.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Is Pellegrini so bad? Empty Re: Is Pellegrini so bad?

Post by Bewar3them00n Sun May 12, 2013 8:34 pm

As many have said, we won the title in spite of Mancini, not because of, he's had his chance, his final chance of a winning swan song, going out in style, but instead, it was the style of our most recent spineless performances, he signed off on, failing to get players of ths calibre, up for a final just says so much about what the players think... The only game we've been up for recently was te derby, and for City, personal pride got them up for that, not Mancini.
I can't wait for the end of the season, so I can try to forget this pathetic humiliation
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Mon May 13, 2013 7:54 am

Topdawg wrote:
He stands a better chance of getting us out of the group stages of the champions league, even though Bobby has been dealt a rotten hand with the groups we have been in.

Why has he then, when you've just admitted that we've consistently had the toughest groups. Admittedly, Pellegrini got Malaga out of the group stages, but that group had Anderlect and Zenit in it......even i'd have been able to manage a team out of that group. Rolling Eyes

I don't want you all to think I want Mancini to stay here, I just want the right man for Citys future......and i'm struggling to find anything in Pellegrini that fills me confidence.

I would just like to know what's on his CV that has made the big cheeses choose him.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Mon May 13, 2013 8:32 am

Dont know a great deal about Pellegrini but i know that keeping Mancini fills me with dread rather than confidence.
Its a pity its been handled so poorly by the club though,so similar to how Hughes was ousted and completely lacking in class.
Mancini has deserved better than that
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon May 13, 2013 8:37 am

He has overachieved with Villareal and Malaga especially in the champions league. Malaga have been beset with financial issues (players not being paid etc.) but he as managed to get them to the q/f of the champions league where they were unlucky to go out to a Dortmund side that handed a lesson to Utd's conqueror's Real Madrid.

With Villareal he took them to the semi finals of the CL in their first ever season in the competition and was maybe just a penalty kick away from the final.

Villareal were undefeated in a group that included Utd and Benfica. Ok, they only scored 3 goals in 6 matches but that was enough to comfortably win the group. They also beat Everton in the qualifying rounds. They squeaked past Rangers and Inter on away goals. That's not a bad record.

You can argue that Malaga's CL group contained Anderlecht and Zenit, but AC Milan were also in that group and Malaga didn't lose a single game. They also beat Porto on their way to the Q/F against Dortmund who really put us to the sword in our group.

I think his credentials are pretty decent. If the boys at the top want European glory, then Bobby has a terrible record of underachievement.

Whilst I like Bobby, as do most fans, he has made to many mistakes and keeps on making those same mistakes over and over again.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Mon May 13, 2013 8:46 am

Cheers for that Stato Wink .

shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon May 13, 2013 8:54 am

The thing that worries me is that Bobby hasn't changed much at all. That's great of you are winning things and slowly improving but we have stalled on that front. He signs so called world beaters and they fail us (Dzeko?) for whatever reason. The common denominator is Bobby so the buck has to stop with him.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Mon May 13, 2013 9:05 am

If you think back to Robinho playing at Goodison with De Jong left on the bench when we were outbattled and succumbed to defeat through poor tactics and management,have we moved on at all against teams like that?
I remember thinking that Platt should've told him what to expect but many many games down the line the same stubborn set up is there again for all to see.
Who knew that Wigan would close down quickly and we would need to scrap and battle for the first 20 mins to get a foot in the game?
Who thought that Nasri was just the man for the job leaving Milner on the bench?
Who thought,I know lets take Carlos off,although he's one of only a couple trying,to bring on Rodwell?
The only surprise was that Kolorov wasn't introduced into the fray
A tactical fuckwit at times,he can have few complaints
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon May 13, 2013 9:12 am

Against some teams you need to really earn the right to play your football. You need to battle and you need players with bottle. Too often, as you say PPLF, Bobby has gone into battle against the Everton's of this world with the wrong soldiers.

Last year we were very lucky. This year we weren't so lucky because teams had worked us out. We were far too predictable. Woo can remember a game a few years back when we out battled Chelsea. We were bigger and stronger than them and people sat up and took notice.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Mon May 13, 2013 9:13 am

Taking Tevez off for Rodwell, was utter stupidity.....at the time that decision on it's own (irrespective of the performance) ended the contest.

That just sent out all the wrong messages?

Tbh Pplf, do you really think Mancini listens to Kidd and Platt though.....i'm willing to bet they see exactly what we see and let him know, but just get fobbed off.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon May 13, 2013 9:24 am

If Platt and Kidd get fobbed off then they should fuck off. I remember one job I had over 15 years ago. I was being groomed to take my boss' job and be head of department. He then didn't stick by me with his boss and I could only get the top job if I too became a yes man. I left pretty quickly after that.

So, if Platty and Kiddo are impotent, why are they still drawing a salary from the club? About as bad as Danny fucking Mills.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 13, 2013 10:18 am

Does he speak English though, will naff me off completely if he doesn't? Such a backwards step if we need translators.

If all they want is CL progression the Fat Spanish Waiter would get us that? He will be free too with the special ones return.

Also would Martinez be a bad shout? The keep touting him for a great job? How about us.

Sorry but we are just going to mirror Chelsea in a few years, can see it now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 13, 2013 10:27 am

blisteringblue wrote:Does he speak English though, will naff me off completely if he doesn't? Such a backwards step if we need translators.

Bad form quoting yourself but I know the answer Embarassed

The 59-year-old speaks good English and is renowned as a disciplinarian
who has implemented a brand of attractive, attacking football. His
contract with Málaga expires at the end of next season but includes a
buy-out clause believed to be set at around £3.4m

From a guardian piece about him going to Chelsea.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/apr/18/chelsea-malaga-manuel-pellegrini-benitez

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Mon May 13, 2013 10:59 am

Now that the dust has settled and we pathetically lost the FA Cup, the Beeb has come out with a story about Pellegrini not becoming City's new manager

Was it a just a ploy by the Rag press to cause turmoil at the club so we would blow the FA Cup?
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Mon May 13, 2013 11:33 am

If it was, then as RM said, why didn't the top brass come out and rubbish the stories?
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon May 13, 2013 11:35 am

TMG wrote:Was it a just a ploy by the Rag press to cause turmoil at the club so we would blow the FA Cup?
If it was, then it worked. And judging from the stream of total bollocks from rag followers on facebook (who all watched the events on the telly, so much for being real fans Rolling Eyes ), if we'd won, it would've spoiled their weekend. Aww, poor ickle waggies can't cope with a bit of competition No

But then if everyone at the club had had an ounce of passion or competitiveness about them, they'd have looked at how the rags pissed on our parade two years ago when they won the league in the same weekend we won the FA Cup. Or how about they way they completely stole our thunder in 1999, jammily winning a treble as we were starting our comeback. Never mind all this sulking and quitting bollocks, it should've been, "Okay, if they think that's going to affect us, let's go out there and give Wigan a right old caning and get that trophy back to ours!" That's what I'd have done, and anyone who looked like they weren't up for it would've missed out on a winners medal.

Anyway, Pellegrini is no worse a fit than Gollum at the swamp, he's won nowt either.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Mon May 13, 2013 1:48 pm

We won't really know what really transpired, with regards to the "leaked stories" better to fail at Wembley, than have to go thru another season with Mancini under achieving? I'd rather have a coach renowned for overachieving.
Mancini has turned into Mr.Ronseal, does exactly as it says on the tin, his tactics are as transparent as gloss varnish, and just as brittle, Martinez had us figured from the off.
Either Mancini goes and we get Pellegrini in, or Mancini finally wakes up, smells the coffee and sleeps on sacks of coffee beans for the rest of his tenure... which I doubt is going to happen.
I like him as a person, but he's reached his ceiling of ability with regards to Europe, the owners want Euro success, it's not going to happen with Mancini, they've given him a fair crack at the whip, but it's been a mediocre season, mushy peas, when it should be petite pois.
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Mon May 13, 2013 2:21 pm

I'm not totally against Mancini getting the boot but why Pellegrini? He has achieved zilch & looks like a dirty old tramp?

If we are gonna beat Chelsea to Jose then yes I'll be all for it but otherwise I would stick with Bobby. He has won us the league and FA Cup. We were 3rd 1st & prob runners up in the PL in the last 3 years

And considering we have been pretty shit all season to come 2nd is amazing. Next season with Cavani up front 3 or 4 good signings and getting rid of some of the dross like Kolarov we will be a different proposition especially with Moyles taking over at Old Toilet
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon May 13, 2013 2:28 pm

It's a toughie TMG. Maybe if we'd got those signings, we'd have been winning the league this year, we'll never know. I want consistency in the manager, not being easy to read how we are gonna set up and making daft substitutions.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainerdwasmychurch Mon May 13, 2013 4:06 pm

Is Pellegrini the answer.......maybe...maybe not.....but Bobby Manc no longer is, I have a lot of friends that support other clubs, friends who support clubs that have no need to be biased one way or the other against city, and its these opinions i listen to and take on board......one such opinion came from a spurs fan......he tends to give an honest appraisal of most teams and has a lot of knowledge of football.........he was at the lane when we visited a few weeks ago........and when lescott came on as a striker, he said everybody was luaghing their socks off in the stands.........we have spent hundreds of millions on top notch players yet the best he could do that day was send lescott on.......

the owners should be able to see how inept RM's tactical decisions have been over the this season........we all remember how sticking with Balotelli for the arsenal game last season nearly wrecked everything.......

Bobby manc simply aint good enough to take us to where the owners want us to be.

Mainerdwasmychurch
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by coolenglishbob Mon May 13, 2013 4:49 pm

The thing that bothers me is the team he sent out on Saturday.Why was Joe Hart in there when the other lad is a much better distributer of the ball?Why was Milner left on the bench?It was Wigan we played, he should have been on from the start,and in my mind Dzeko should have been on as well.But Bobby has been making these confusing decisions all season,no wonder the players do not know what is going on!! Smile

coolenglishbob
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Mon May 13, 2013 5:02 pm

Out of the 2 Ronnies - I prefer Martinez to Mancini any day. If he can figure us out and snatch the FA Cup from under our noses with his squad of bargain basement players - who are highly motivated by him - then why wouldn't we give him a shot. He's a likable guy, players respect him and he gets the best out of them. I know nothing of Pellegrini - and TBH - don't want to know. Expect he'll go to Everton though.

It's not so much that we lost out to Wigan - it's the fact that Bobby gets it so wrong time and time again. He doesn't learn from previous mistakes. He seems to be clueless at times.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon May 13, 2013 5:08 pm

Martinez isn't a bad shout, but his defensive tactics are a touch questionable. Maybe it's just that his defence isn't that strong, but at times there's been some shocking defending from them which has led to their undoing. I'd want to see him at a team with better defenders first, I think.

His lack of European experience won't be an issue, we'd go from perpetual failure to unknown quantity, so who knows??
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Mon May 13, 2013 6:16 pm

You could well be right Wensdi, Martinez ain't a bad shout at all......unfortunately, as it's such an easy option i can't see it happening. This Pellegrini chap will probably come to City and Martinez will probably go to Everton, in turn meaning we'll carry on strugglin to beat them as usual Rolling Eyes.
leo, i think Wigans bad defending is down to their iffy defenders and not necessarily down to poor tactics or formations.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Mon May 13, 2013 7:06 pm

Wigan had a couple of defenders out injured Leo - Figueroa and Alcaraz - but their defence is not as strong as it could be - unlike their midfield and strikers. McCarthy and and Maloney have been outstanding this year.

To add insult to injury - the commentators on the FA Cup game were two of the worst possible - Gus Johnson (American) and Ian Wright. Couldn't believe that Fox chose those two clowns - Gus Johnson kept asking Wright what certain terms meant. God only knows why they didn't have a couple of Brits like they usually do. Both of them were elated that Wigan won of course.

I would take Laudrup as a second choice - no matter his relative inexperience. He's done a good job also with limited funds.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by meltonblue Mon May 13, 2013 8:26 pm

Evening all,

Haven't posted on here in a while I know, but thought I'd have a look what you are all thinking about the current situation.

For me, firstly, I am incredibly annoyed at the lack of any communication from the club and the timing of this coming out. Everyone around me at Wembley was talking about it and the atmosphere really wasn't great because of it. For me, Begiristain and Soriano have got a lot to prove now, as I really don't think they have handled this well whatsoever.

The way Mancini has been treated the last few days and the lack of anyone stopping the media from asking questions they really shouldn't have been have made me pretty angry, to be honest. This is a side of City that I thought we had sorted out, but the last couple of days really have felt like Swales was still in charge. It has been a complete and utter PR disaster and when someone finally does talk, it is Pellegrini saying a deal hasn't been done. Why the f**k didn't the club say that before the cup final then?!

Regarding Mancini, I'm now of the opinion he should go. Tactically, he has been all over the shop this season and doesn't seem to scout the opposition and counter their weaknesses unless it is United. I've always had issues with his man management skills (to the extent that I actually think he was a lot more to blame for the Tevez incident in Munich than what came out) and recent interviews with the players have only strengthened my opinion. I just do not think he is getting what he could be getting out of these players.

In terms of who may be in charge next season, its a very outside bet but I don't think mourinho to chelsea is as done a deal as some people think. The only way the Spanish pair can really redeem themselves in this is if they pull off a massive coup, and I don't know why but I just have a feeling that one might happen...
meltonblue
meltonblue
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nijinsky Mon May 13, 2013 8:49 pm

Why should the club come out to officially deny rumours that the press had single handedly started, if they did that it would only give he press some sort of official approval.

If we actually believe the rubbish that is written, Mancini is on his way out, Pelligrini is not going to replace him. So who is going to be our next manager assuming the press are correct? Mourhino ? Benitez . Martinez ?

As far as Saturday goes I got soaked on the way to the stadium I got soaked on the way back to the station and I got pissed on by the so called 'team' what ever happened to plan B?

pissed off of Huntingdon
Nijinsky
Nijinsky
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Mon May 13, 2013 9:23 pm

The good news is - you can watch Wayne Bridge playing for Brighton in the playoffs - think Palace just scored though - that guy who utd. signed .......................... typical.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon May 13, 2013 9:30 pm

Who ghosted past.....Wayne Bridge!

The press has written a load of bollocks about City since we had a few quid to spend. The club did very little about the lies that were being written. AT the time I said we should sue the arse off anyone making stuff up. That's soon put an end to the bullshit. Instead, the club wanted good PR so didn't draw that line in the sand with the media. You reap what you sow.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by meltonblue Mon May 13, 2013 9:44 pm

"Why should the club come out to officially deny rumours that the press had single handedly started, if they did that it would only give he press some sort of official approval."

Because the flip side is leaving Mancini out to dry, which is what happened at the press conference after the game. If they are planning to get rid of him or not, he did not deserve that whatsoever.
meltonblue
meltonblue
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Mon May 13, 2013 9:57 pm

Hi Melton. It's been an utter fiasco actually - those rumours just before the FA Cup - old Fergie retiring and stealing some of our thunder - then to cap it all we were woeful on the day. I don't know what to make of the club not releasing any statements.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by meltonblue Mon May 13, 2013 10:55 pm

Hi Wensdi. The whole thing has made me completely depressed. I am so angry with the board right now! Why this timing, it is just ridiculous. They have effectively cost us the FA cup.
meltonblue
meltonblue
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon May 13, 2013 11:43 pm

Rumour is, everyone knew what was happening before the final even kicked off. No wonder they played so badly! But as much as I could feel for them all having that news, what about us fans? We all paid a small fortune and that's how we get repaid?

Christ, even having Franny Lee in charge wasn't as embarrassing as this...
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Nijinsky Tue May 14, 2013 6:47 am

"Because the flip side is leaving Mancini out to dry, which is what happened at the press conference after the game. If they are planning to get rid of him or not, he did not deserve that whatsoever."

The day we start conducting our business through the press we really will become a laughing stock. If the board wanted to keep Mancini happy, a quite word would have done the job, but with hind sight it's now clear why the rumours weren't denied.

The timing stinks
Nijinsky
Nijinsky
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Tue May 14, 2013 9:26 am

And of course, as if it couldn't get any worse, we now have the prospect of going into the close season with a caretaker manager, so we'll be looking for a new boss while every other club scoops up all our targets, meaning we get even further behind.

I'm actually starting to wish we'd never had this money. I'm not getting that joy-joy feeling at all from this fiasco and it does look like we're doing a Chelsea. At least when we had nothing, we knew where we were.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Tue May 14, 2013 9:29 am

I know the feeling Leo - what was great about City is that we were loved. Loved for having amazing fans, despite being an up and down club we always stuck with them.

I'm assuming that the manager was going to play no part in the transfer market once again, and maybe Tixi was the one to nail on the targets. Maybe there are more underlying issues than the club is giving away. Mancini was maybe not happy with potential targets again in the summer.
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Tue May 21, 2013 5:42 pm

Tony Pulis is now available - LOL
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Tue May 21, 2013 8:38 pm

Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down