Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 15 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 15 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Interesting comments from ISCO and PG EmptyToday at 11:22 am by TMG

» Pep’s at it again
Interesting comments from ISCO and PG EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Interesting comments from ISCO and PG EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Interesting comments from ISCO and PG EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Interesting comments from ISCO and PG EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Interesting comments from ISCO and PG EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Interesting comments from ISCO and PG EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Interesting comments from ISCO and PG EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Interesting comments from ISCO and PG EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Interesting comments from ISCO and PG EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Interesting comments from ISCO and PG

+4
Wensdi
leopold
Bewar3them00n
Topdawg
8 posters

Go down

Interesting comments from ISCO and PG Empty Interesting comments from ISCO and PG

Post by Topdawg Mon May 27, 2013 5:23 pm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/may/27/isco-keen-to-follow-manuel-pellegrini

PG: Man City is an option

ISCO: I would like to continue with him
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Interesting comments from ISCO and PG Empty Re: Interesting comments from ISCO and PG

Post by Bewar3them00n Mon May 27, 2013 7:18 pm

Hopefully,it's respect for his current club that is stopping him going any further, not him keeping his options open!
Isco will do for a start!
Good news that players are extending contracts, signing new ones, and publicly coming out and stating that they're committed to the cause at City namely Aguero and Vinny, categorically slamming any suggestions of leaving, into the dirt, and leaving them there for dead.... unlike a certain merc from the other side....
If we could get Cavani and keep Tevez for another season, that would make me a happy bunny, and go one step further to expunging last season from memory...
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Interesting comments from ISCO and PG Empty Re: Interesting comments from ISCO and PG

Post by Topdawg Mon May 27, 2013 10:27 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2331758/Isco-wants-follow-Manuel-Pellegrini-Manchester-City.html

As long as the above comments aren't pure fiction, more or less confirms Pellegrini coming to City and Isco will follow if we offer him 1st team footy.

I think only Tevez and GazBaz haven't got their long term futures tied down. I hope Carlos stays but I don't think GazBaz will be offered a new contract.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Tue May 28, 2013 1:41 am

Barry's hoping for a 12 month extension, according to the MEN. If we get Isco, it'll be hard to see how we can do that.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Tue May 28, 2013 2:22 am

I hope they give him a 12 month extension - he was a stalwart again in the match against Chelsea in NY.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue May 28, 2013 6:23 am

The thing is Barry says they haven't talked with him about an extension yet everyone else has been dealt with. Makes you think they aren't going to bother with him.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Tue May 28, 2013 8:01 am

I too hope they give Barry an extension, he is without doubt the most consistant DM we have at the club.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonchester Tue May 28, 2013 8:02 am

6 months ago I'd have said definitely to Barry extension, over the last 3 months of the season I was getting worried when he had the ball.
I've a feeling his best is behind him now, may be better to balance the books if he goes (if we are bringing in a better player)
Moonchester
Moonchester
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue May 28, 2013 8:31 am

If we are buying a new DM that is class, then Barry has no future. Even then, with so many flair players, is there still a place for Barry? If Isco and Cavanni rock up, Tevez stays and Rodwell is fit, would Barry get into your team?
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Tue May 28, 2013 9:01 am

Rodwell might only last 1 game though Wink
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Tue May 28, 2013 9:51 am

I think Barry's had a pretty good season, he does the dirty work, the others get the plaudits, as he's getting on a bit, he may well have been used too much this season, but this is more down to Mancini's reluctance to blood others, and when Milner is injured there's no one else to turn too, I'd give him a 12 month, we can't just get half a new team, we need some older heads with experience in the squad, and if we're letting a few go, I'd keep Barry if we can
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue May 28, 2013 9:59 am

I think Barry should stay for the last 12 months of his contract. We'll have to see how the new guy (Fernandinho?) beds in first.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Tue May 28, 2013 2:01 pm

He had a very poor game against the Saints with the OG - and that's about it. For the most part he's done a good job - particularly since NDJ left. Made some great crosses for us to score. I think it's the least we can do to give him another year.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Tue May 28, 2013 2:31 pm

I would give barry another years contract
Over a season,even if not first choice,will still play plenty of times to warrant keeping
Rather play Barry than Garcia who is somehow even slower than him
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Tue May 28, 2013 2:36 pm

When he's not in the side - that's when we miss him - I think he's taken for granted somewhat.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Tue May 28, 2013 3:19 pm

He is indeed, Wensdi. A bit like United fans tell me Carrick is for them, and some of them are even gracious enough to say Barry is at least as good. Yeah, gracious United fans, who knew? Wink

Barry has even gone on record saying he's willing to take a pay cut to stay with us. He did concede he'd not get anything like what he's on now if he moved, but the fact he's expressing a desire to stay with us for less money rather than move is encouraging.

Hell, maybe we do have a team spirit and players who want to be here after all! And perhaps we might just not be in crisis either affraid
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by coolenglishbob Tue May 28, 2013 5:31 pm

I think that Barry is worth another year,his value in the dressing room is worth it.He has the experience to advise the youngsters,and apart from the Southampton shambles he has had a decent season!! Smile

coolenglishbob
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down