Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Good Result....could've been so many more though EmptyYesterday at 8:56 pm by Wensdi

» Today's game
Good Result....could've been so many more though EmptyYesterday at 1:25 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Good Result....could've been so many more though EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Good Result....could've been so many more though EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Good Result....could've been so many more though EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Good Result....could've been so many more though EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Good Result....could've been so many more though EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Good Result....could've been so many more though EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Good Result....could've been so many more though EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Good Result....could've been so many more though EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Good Result....could've been so many more though

+6
Paulpowersleftfoot
Topdawg
meltonblue
Wensdi
ManCityMan
blueboy
10 posters

Go down

Good Result....could've been so many more though Empty Good Result....could've been so many more though

Post by blueboy Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:12 pm

Thought after we looked unsure in the first 20 minutes.....after we equalised, it was all a little comfortable....and through wasteful finishing, when it should've been at least 5-1......overall, good, solid performance.

Great to see Silva back.......and I will admit it......Kolorov was excellent until that ridiculous push by Naismith caused his injury.

Negredo and Dzeko are chalk n cheese.....Negredo just brings so much energy and effort....thought he was excellent as well.

3 points, that's all it is.............but a much better team performance. Kompany rested for the Internationals won't be a bad thing......Lescott? hmmm...still think his always a liability waiting to happen.

Top class CB is needed for me in January.....and I mean top class. Rumour is Ramos is available........get him!!

Overall, good goal average and a good performance against an unbeaten team.......3 away games now though!!
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Good Result....could've been so many more though Empty Re: Good Result....could've been so many more though

Post by ManCityMan Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:21 pm

Agree with Kolarov assessment he was great today, Lescott looked iffy again especially the sloppy attempt to tackle Lukaku before their goal. Gutted to lose VK again and feared the worse as the heads seem to go down when he gets injured but the defence played pretty well after that and Lescott didn't make any more glaring mistakes although his clearances straight to opposing players is worrying.
Silva was immense and the only one that i am still disappointed about is Fenandinho i have still to see a £30m performance from this guy, he is average at best from the performances i have seen since he joined us.
Aguero should have had a hat trick today and we were unlucky not to go in 3-1 up at half time. Negredo showed why he should be ahead of Dzeko every game his first touch is far superior and his positioning and tracking back when needed is also better, watch and learn Edin.
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Good Result....could've been so many more though Empty Re: Good Result....could've been so many more though

Post by blueboy Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:23 pm

Yeah, agree with Fernandinho....for £30m......just don't see it.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:27 pm

I thought Fernandinho did a good job today - Silva immense, Nasri when he came on looked eager again.  Kolarov deserves the praise - he was excellent - why nobody waits on the end of his crosses around the goal - I don't know.  Negredo - good signing always looks so much more likely to score than Dzeko.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:33 pm

Wensdi wrote:I thought Fernandinho did a good job today - Silva immense, Nasri when he came on looked eager again.  Kolarov deserves the praise - he was excellent - why nobody waits on the end of his crosses around the goal - I don't know.  Negredo - good signing always looks so much more likely to score than Dzeko.
Thought Fernandinho was wasteful in possession.....but totally agree, why somebody doesn't know that Kolorov will drill the ball across the box and not get there is beyond me......4 great balls today and nobody on the end...but 3 points, that's all that matters.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by meltonblue Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:36 pm

I thought Fernandinho did well today, he has to cover a lot of ground defensively in this formation and I think people underestimate how good his positioning is. I really don't remember Barclay getting into the game at all and Everton were lumping it up to Lukaku instead (who looks like a great player).

Best game Kolorov has had for us for me. Agree with wensdi, why on earth don't our strikers get into position for him, his crosses are spot on.

Still wary defensively but really good performance today and just what we needed.
meltonblue
meltonblue
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:03 pm

Lukaku....agree...he looks a handful.

I know what you're saying about Barkley Melton, but he's 19....Fernandinho is a £30m player......still thought he was wasteful in possession.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by meltonblue Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:12 pm

Fair point blueboy. I actually think he is better further up the field, him and Toure are actually very similar. In some circumstances, I think a defensive midfielder behind the pair of them would work well.
meltonblue
meltonblue
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:22 pm

absolutely agree with that....

Barkley....think him and Lukaku will have a great season...but without Barry, Barkley has to play in a different role.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:39 pm

It was Barry they missed today - from watching previous Everton matches.  He's done a great job for them.  Glad you agree about Fernandinho - Melton - he works hard and I think he is overlooked - for the work he puts in.  I think him and Toure will establish a good understanding and do well together.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:58 pm

Wensdi wrote:It was Barry they missed today - from watching previous Everton matches.  He's done a great job for them.  Glad you agree about Fernandinho - Melton - he works hard and I think he is overlooked - for the work he puts in.  I think him and Toure will establish a good understanding and do well together.
sorry Wensdi.....but I think Fernandhino is vastly overrated. £30m???

He does nothing more impressive than Barry nor De Jong......and for that money, I want a hell of  lot more....
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:48 pm

Is he Barry but just a little faster?
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:56 pm

I thought fernandinho had his best game for us today,was constantly breaking evertons play up by reading the game
Negredo with Aguero should be the first choice strike pairing,he's far better than dzeko and works much harder
Silva looks like the player we won the title with and kolorov is playing really well up to the defending bit where he really hasn't a clue
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:12 pm

Yep - you must have watched a different game than us Blueboy!!
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:30 pm

Overall a good performance. Silva back to his magnificent best. Thought the defence did well considering the loss of Vinny
Agree about Negredo. He looks like a striker and was superb today. Sorry Edin but bit parts for you again

3 away games where MP needs to sort things out. We cant play the same way away as we do at home
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:43 am

Wensdi wrote:Yep - you must have watched a different game than us Blueboy!!
All about opinions Wensdi.....

If you read what I said carefully, I said he was wasteful in possession yesterday, which he was.
Did I say he had a shit game? No.

I said I can't see how he is worth £30m in his position....and for that money, he brings nothing different to the MF that Barry or DeJong brought.Shocked
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:07 am

I think he reads the game far better than either of them
Where they are harassing and tackling,Fernandinho is intercepting
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:13 am

maybe.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:13 am

Any news on Vinny?
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:21 am

Didn't look too bad and it's a fortnight to the next match
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:01 pm

Problem with Fernandinho is going to be suspensions. That's 6 bookings in 7 matches.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:03 pm

I thought our defence did well, despite getting an utter battering from Everton physically - by my reckoning, we lost Kompany and Kolarov to injury, Nastasic got a wallop and Zab was taped up and sent back on too.  I think only Lescott got away unscathed.  And despite a few hiccups, I thought he did pretty well.

Fernandinho, have to agree with Melton and Wensdi here, I thought he had a decent game, breaking up play like he did.  Granted, he doesn't look as impressive as Nige did, but then he did a lot of running and tackling, stuff Barry doesn't do because he reads the game better.  Ferd was reading the game well, I thought.  Is he worth £30m?  Not yet, no, but if he improves at the rate he is, I'm sure he'll justify it sooner rather than later.

And I don't know who the lanky bloke in the number 13 shirt was, but he sure as hell didn't play like the Aleks Kolarov we all know and dismiss as rubbish!  We'll have a bit more of that, please!
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:21 pm

And I don't know who the lanky bloke in the number 13 shirt was, but he sure as hell didn't play like the Aleks Kolarov we all know and dismiss as rubbish!  We'll have a bit more of that, please!

Yeah, credit where it's due...he had his best game of the season.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:25 pm

The season?  He had his best game for us since ever!
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:28 pm

leopold wrote:The season?  He had his best game for us since ever!
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:45 am

leopold wrote:The season?  He had his best game for us since ever!
And it's a yes from me too !!

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:25 pm

People keep mentioning what a good game Fernandinho had and i don't deny that he had a decent game but that wasn't the point i made in my original comment. He has not produced the type of consistent performances you would expect of a player that cost £30m. Yes he played well against Everton but where was he against Stoke, Hull, Cardiff and Villa? Turning up once in a while is not value for money in my book and i reckon he has had about 2 "good" games so far this season, not "good" enough in my book sorry. I would love the lad to settle in and start producing more games like he had on Saturday but my opinion is based on what he has done so far and he has a lot more to do to justify his transfer fee.
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:14 pm

ManCityMan wrote:People keep mentioning what a good game Fernandinho had and i don't deny that he had a decent game but that wasn't the point i made in my original comment. He has not produced the type of consistent performances you would expect of a player that cost £30m. Yes he played well against Everton but where was he against Stoke, Hull, Cardiff and Villa? Turning up once in a while is not value for money in my book and i reckon he has had about 2 "good" games so far this season, not "good" enough in my book sorry. I would love the lad to settle in and start producing more games like he had on Saturday but my opinion is based on what he has done so far and he has a lot more to do to justify his transfer fee.
careful MCM........don't knock Fernandinho.Wink
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:01 pm

Nah, MCM does make a valid point.  He's getting better, but he's not reached that point where £30m looks like good value yet.  I'd say he's knocking on the door of £20m at best right now, which makes it look like we've been conned.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:01 pm

leopold wrote:Nah, MCM does make a valid point.  He's getting better, but he's not reached that point where £30m looks like good value yet.  I'd say he's knocking on the door of £20m at best right now, which makes it look like we've been conned.
you need to be careful as well Leo. Wink
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:29 pm

I don't need to worry, Bluey.  Any aggro and I'll hit them with my banhammer Twisted Evil
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:31 pm

leopold wrote:I don't need to worry, Bluey.  Any aggro and I'll hit them with my banhammer Twisted Evil
affraid
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:39 pm

That sounds durty...
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:24 am

We don't have Barry or DeJong anymore - and Barry took a while to get as good as he is right now.  DeJong had his share of yellows - and reds - I expect Fernandinho will learn.  He hasn't played in the EPL before so give him a chance.  He is forming a good understanding with YaYa - and he just  might live up to his price tag by the end of this season.  We've had some impact players like Tevez and yes - dare I say it - Bellamy - but they had the luxury of time in the Prem.

Let's not forget - we wanted to ship Nasri out at the end of last season as he was disappointing.  Now he's been nominated for POTM.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:20 am

de jong never got a red in premier & was never banned for totting up 10 yellows either. Most he got to was 9 prior to cup semi final v uniturd. As a consequence was put in as sub v Liverpool I think, but ended up coming on.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:06 am

NDJ was pretty clean, even Howard Webb only gave him a yellow for that horrendous 'tackle' in the world cup final.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:09 am

Wensdi, you may dare to say Bellamy.  I don't think there's many City fans who would disagree with you that he was an impact player.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:22 am

Firstly - I loved NDJ - but he had a reputation for hard tackles.  Unfortunately the Ben Arfur deal and Alonso.  Just trying to make a point that he was almost singled out by refs because his reputation (rightly or wrongly) preceded him - so just wanted to give Fernandinho some time.  His tackles are not unlike Nige's.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by meltonblue Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:19 pm

The difference with Fernandinho and someone like De Jong (who I loved as well), is how many attacks are stopped off due to his positioning, you just need to look at Baines's comments after the Everton game about how we were tactically without the ball to show just how good we were at nullifying their threats.

If he gets in the right place, he doesn't need to make the tackles as much as De Jong used to. The one thing I would say, as I said earlier, is a lot of his tackles come from Yaya being out of position and him covering, it was the same with Barry last year when we went 442, he gave away a lot of fouls.

My one worry is that Fernandinho is worth 30 million if he is allowed to go forward too, something that he can't really do in our current shape as it leaves us massively open in the middle. I am sure he will be a very very good player for us though.
meltonblue
meltonblue
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:55 pm

We wouldn't be left massively open in the middle against good teams like Bayern if the manager had the sense to play 5 in the middle rather than a suicidal- 4-4-2. However, i see your point and i can only hope you are right and Ferdy improves to somewhere near his valuation which i still think is inflated.
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by meltonblue Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:35 pm

"We wouldn't be left massively open in the middle against good teams like Bayern if the manager had the sense to play 5 in the middle rather than a suicidal- 4-4-2. "

Agree. Part of it for me was his choice of individuals rather than shape. Navas and Dzeko shouldn't have started, it should have been Milner and Negredo to give us both a higher closing down presence up top and more solidity in the middle when needed. Sometimes, it isn't just about the shape but what different players bring to it.
meltonblue
meltonblue
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:11 pm

I agree that the players you mentioned were not right for that game and i can only put it down to Pel getting to grips with the players he has at his disposal. Next time he will know the right formation and players to utilise one would hope.
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by meltonblue Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:13 pm

Yep, I'm still very positive about Pellegrini, he'll be fine.
meltonblue
meltonblue
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:17 pm

Anyone ever told you that you bear a striking resemblance to that bloke Roy off Coronation Street?
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:40 pm

Don't tell him what he's married
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:32 pm

Not for much longer......oh shit, that's a bit below the belt.

I'll get mi coat Embarassed
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down