Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
What result would you take against Chelsea. EmptyToday at 2:40 am by skyblueoz

» So, it's another last day shoot out.
What result would you take against Chelsea. EmptyYesterday at 5:36 pm by Topdawg

» Today's game
What result would you take against Chelsea. EmptyThu May 16, 2024 1:25 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
What result would you take against Chelsea. EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
What result would you take against Chelsea. EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
What result would you take against Chelsea. EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
What result would you take against Chelsea. EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
What result would you take against Chelsea. EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
What result would you take against Chelsea. EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
What result would you take against Chelsea. EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

What result would you take against Chelsea.

+4
Wensdi
blueboy
leopold
Topdawg
8 posters

Go down

What result would you take against Chelsea. Empty What result would you take against Chelsea.

Post by Topdawg Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:03 pm

In all seriousness, we are playing away at a decent team in Chelsea. Would a draw be a good result?
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

What result would you take against Chelsea. Empty Re: What result would you take against Chelsea.

Post by leopold Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:21 pm

I'd accept a draw, but given we played Chelsea six times last season and didn't lose once, I'd be looking for a cheeky win.  We need to keep the pressure on Spurs, Liverpool and Arsenal, so when they slip up we can pick them off.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

What result would you take against Chelsea. Empty Re: What result would you take against Chelsea.

Post by blueboy Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:49 pm

I think if we get Kompany back......Chelsea are shit at the back...pretty much like we've been without Kompany...and I reckon we can outscore them...so 2-3 for me.....though went for a 2-2 in the prediction league.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:12 pm

Hmmmmmmm shit at the back - sounds familiar!!!!
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:19 pm

Wensdi wrote:Hmmmmmmm shit at the back - sounds familiar!!!!
As i said Wensdi....2 defences that on their day...can be suspect.....but I think if we get Kompany back, we can out score Chelsea.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by coolenglishbob Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:51 pm

A draw at their place would be acceptable,but a win is not impossible:P Razz

coolenglishbob
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:46 am

Bollocks, we'll stuff um.

We need to put a marker down now to show we're really back on form, we've won our last 2 away, no reason why we can't make it 3.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:56 am

Not with Garcia '7 out of 10' in defence....
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:20 pm

We've the beating of Chelski and The Rags everytime we play them.  Seriously I think there is genuine fear from both those teams.

It's our usual Achilles heals of your Everton's, Southampton's and now it appears Cardiff that still bug the hell out of me.

I really cannot see anything else than a City win on Sunday.

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:00 pm

I know what you mean about Everton, Southampton and Cardiff etc, 
It seems that these teams play a high line and get in our face and we seem to struggle and are becoming renowned as slow starters. These teams have similar game plans and are often first to every second ball and close us down quickly all over the park and we never seemed to have a plan B and just failed to respond to it which is poor if we have any ambitions in major competitions. MP in fairness has addressed these faults in games better then Mancini ever did and in the early games MP was on a learning curve but seems to be adapting to the tactics of such teams as those mentioned.
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:07 pm

Kompany out of Sunday's match.

Can't start new topics at the moment???
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:18 pm

I think in all honesty we are underestimating the mourinho  factor. Whilst I do not like the bloke his record of never losing at Stamford bridge in the league tells me we are going to have to put in a herculean effort to prize 3 points out of Chelsea especially now Kompany is a non starter. 

I think Chelsea will edge it 2-0. also when we played them last season Benitez went all negative & played without a recognized forward in the 2 league games. Chelsea are a different proposition this season.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:28 pm

Mourinho will go all out for a draw.

Very packed MF to nullify Yaya and Silva.

We need to ensure our defenders have pace, especially our CB's....as I think they will look to counter-attack us.

I think he'll go for a 4-3-3 and try and stop our full backs....therefore, we need to ensure we have a strong MF and strong CB position IMO.....but Dawg will disagree...Rolling Eyes
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:38 pm

I reckon he'll go more 4-5-1.

He probably sees us as the biggest threat and will be happy not to lose just like the boring Utd match.

If we can score early, and be a bit more clinical, we can bag this one. There's no way I can see us keeping a clean sheet especially if we sit back and invite pressure.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:46 pm

Thing is Dawg.....4-5-1 doesn't stop our FB's.....only encourages them. It means they push further forward against their 2 wide players.

4-3-3 means we have to be careful, as they have wide players in respect of their FB's and one or two MF players who can bomb forward to join in.....as in Hazard and Cole down the left....Oscar through the middle with Shurrle.

4-5-1 is so defensive, it means that Cole and whoever they play at RB sits, and does nothing....leaving a bog of a MF players...and that's easier to play against.

Mourinho is defensive, but not that defensive.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:12 pm

He was ultra defensive against Utd. and they were there for the taking. I'm sure we should be getting the lion's share of possession and they will try and hit us on the break. I'm glad it's Torres or Eto'o rather than Benteke.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down