Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Joe Hart....6 bad mistakes in 12 months EmptyYesterday at 8:56 pm by Wensdi

» Today's game
Joe Hart....6 bad mistakes in 12 months EmptyYesterday at 1:25 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Joe Hart....6 bad mistakes in 12 months EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Joe Hart....6 bad mistakes in 12 months EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Joe Hart....6 bad mistakes in 12 months EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Joe Hart....6 bad mistakes in 12 months EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Joe Hart....6 bad mistakes in 12 months EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Joe Hart....6 bad mistakes in 12 months EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Joe Hart....6 bad mistakes in 12 months EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Joe Hart....6 bad mistakes in 12 months EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Joe Hart....6 bad mistakes in 12 months

+3
shakencity
blueboy
Topdawg
7 posters

Go down

Joe Hart....6 bad mistakes in 12 months Empty Joe Hart....6 bad mistakes in 12 months

Post by Topdawg Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:28 pm

Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Joe Hart....6 bad mistakes in 12 months Empty Re: Joe Hart....6 bad mistakes in 12 months

Post by blueboy Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:43 pm

They reckon that keepers will make on average, 10-15 mistakes per season....it's just that Joe's have really cost us. 2 against Bayern...Chelsea, Cardiff, Villa.......and to be fair, that's only 4 games where his mistakes have cost us points.

Yes, he made a crucial save against CSKA.....but I'm sure both the back 4 and he, are not on the same wavelength. I think MP has a lot to do with it, keep dicking about with a back 4 that never seems to play with each other, week in week out.

With Vinny back this week, I'm sure we will start to see a more solid back 4.

However, another top CB and LB is a MUST come January.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Joe Hart....6 bad mistakes in 12 months Empty Re: Joe Hart....6 bad mistakes in 12 months

Post by shakencity Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:55 pm

Don't really think the Villa winner was down to him.....that was rank bad defending from Nasty and Vince.

Still tryin to get over yesterdays howler though, no excuses there.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:52 pm

Wonder if someone will do a compilation on the points he has won us in the past 12 months....

Doubt it.
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonchester Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:38 pm

its a tough one to call. all keepers will make saves, some good saves, some average saves.

Not all keepers make howlers, I hope he gets them out of his game and fast..
Moonchester
Moonchester
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:18 pm

It hasn't helped that we've not had a settled back four because of injuries, but I'm sure we've had a continuously available pair in Nasty and Lescott, without faffing about with Garcia and Demichelis.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:34 pm

Jordan, you can make a compilation of all the points saved or gained by all keepers in the premier league. What you can't easily do is make a compilation of mistakes that have cost points.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:01 am

Bollocks, talk about kickin a man while he's down. 3 of those goals were last season and 1 was for England....which shouldn't have any baring on his City career.

How the fuck was Barrys own goal at Soton (last season) down to Hart, he had no chance of getting that.

Imo, the winnin goal at Villa wasn't his fault either, that was down to Nasty and Vince contriving to let the Villa forward through all on his own.

I think the 3rd goal against Bayern just about summed up, not only his, but the whole of the teams display that evening. Admittedly, the 1st goal was his fault and i guess you could argue that put us firmly on the back foot and chasing the game.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:29 am

Well, what do we expect from the Fail?  If there's a story to exaggerate, they're on it like a fat kid on cake.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:27 am

Well I still haven't got over Sundays howler
How many more costly errors is MP going to let go

Its all well & good saying how many points has he saved. That is the goalkeepers job & funnily enough all GKs make saves
Yes they all make mistakes too but as many as Joe???
I haven't seen any other PL GK make as many as Joe so far this season
Bringing in another GK in Jan eg Begovic or Boruc should be a priority IMO
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:48 am

I don't go along with the 9 in the Mail. 6 is more than enough anyway.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:37 am

He had his chance when we were all debating it a month ago.  Yes a save that won us the game in Moscow but Sunday undid all that and more.

Time to give Pants a run, but you can bet his first howler and Joe will be back.   Lets just hope it does the trick.

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:11 pm

It's a common issue with defensive players in general - You make one mistake and it's all anyone remembers.  But in reality, the save against CSKA is a much bigger deal than the howler against Chelsea.

The group stage in the CL is a short-run competition where one loss can mean missing out on the hugely lucrative knockout stage.  And an away win in that competition is a massive boost to a team's chances of progression.

The Premier League is a long haul contest where losing one game doesn't necessarily scupper your chances of winning the thing in the end as every team needs to keep up their performance to have a shot.  And losing away to one of your closest competitors in a last minute goal isn't really a title-losing performance.

But, like I say, the howler always looks much worse than the world class save.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down