Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Why you need a stable defensive unit especially at CB EmptyToday at 8:12 am by Paulpowersleftfoot

» Pep’s at it again
Why you need a stable defensive unit especially at CB EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Why you need a stable defensive unit especially at CB EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Why you need a stable defensive unit especially at CB EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Why you need a stable defensive unit especially at CB EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Why you need a stable defensive unit especially at CB EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Why you need a stable defensive unit especially at CB EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Why you need a stable defensive unit especially at CB EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Why you need a stable defensive unit especially at CB EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Why you need a stable defensive unit especially at CB EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Why you need a stable defensive unit especially at CB

3 posters

Go down

Why you need a stable defensive unit especially at CB Empty Why you need a stable defensive unit especially at CB

Post by Topdawg Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:43 am

Many have moaned and groaned as we have gone through at least 6 CBs so far this season (Boyata, DM, Kompany, Lezza, Nasty, Garcia).

If you saw the Utd goal yesterday, you'll see the importance of regular CBs. Mertesacker was out and his replacement just didn't take up the correct space letting RVP have a clean run for the header.

With Kompany's injury problems, are we going to struggle to get a good pair together?

I think DM is more than good enough. Ok, he may be a bit slower than we'd like, but he has that experience. I don't feel as confident with him partnering Lezza or Nasty though.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Why you need a stable defensive unit especially at CB Empty Re: Why you need a stable defensive unit especially at CB

Post by blueboy Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:59 am

Well, I said it last week....IMO, we need another top class CB.

Nasty done OK when Kompany was there, but he's injury prone at the moment, which has affected Nasty's form as well. Therefore, who plays with who? Who is the first choice CB - a 19 yr old?

DM is a stop-gap CB for me.

Boyata hasn't done anything wrong when he's come in, but rarely gets a chance.

Lescott he just doesn't seem to rate.

Garcia? Not even going there.

Therefore, does he stick with what he's got and hope that Kompany comes back soon and he can partner Nasty with him?
What if Vinny gets injured again, who plays then? We are back to the unknown and constant changing again.

I think a top class CB is a MUST in Jan - play them with Vinny and Nasty as back up.

Sell Lescott and Garcia to pay for him - though on current form, Lescott for £3m will bring in more than Garcia!!!

Boyata and Nasty can be back-up.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Why you need a stable defensive unit especially at CB Empty Re: Why you need a stable defensive unit especially at CB

Post by Jordan Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:04 am

Vincent Kompany is not a back-up, Vincent Kompany is a world class defender and was pinnacle in us winning the title, and keeping us in 2nd spot last season. VK will be back, he's having a bit of a tough time with injuries but he will get our season back on track.

He has injuries early on in his career but he wasn't injured much last season, or the 2 seasons before that. Hopefully he won't be rushed back and will be fit for the Spurs game.
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:05 am

When Cahill was available or about £6M a little while back, I said we should get him. He's not the best but he was good enough. Good enough for England too. He's ok being backup and does his job when he plays.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down