Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Bayern vs City - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 6:51 am by Jwils2710

» Pep’s at it again
Bayern vs City - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Bayern vs City - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Bayern vs City - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Bayern vs City - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Bayern vs City - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Bayern vs City - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Bayern vs City - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Bayern vs City - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Bayern vs City - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Bayern vs City

+10
coolenglishbob
TMG
leopold
shakencity
meltonblue
bellyblue
titbumwilly
blueboy
Nijinsky
Topdawg
14 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Bayern vs City - Page 3 Empty Bayern vs City

Post by Topdawg Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:15 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hart, Kolarov, Lescott, Demichelis, Richards, Fernandinho, Garcia, Milner, Silva, Navas, Dzeko

Not looking like worldbeaters but Silva will get some game time and we'll miss none of them, except Fernandinho, if they get injured.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Bayern vs City - Page 3 Empty Re: Bayern vs City

Post by Guest Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:22 pm

Although city's official twitter knew the permutations

65. If City were to score another and win 4-2, we'd win the group! City fans roaring their team on up on the top corner of the stadium!

Shame The bench didn't but still celebrating the win ;-)

Back to top Go down

Post by titbumwilly Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:23 pm

Moi, a miserable git?
Yeah, ok that's a fair call!
Tonight just reinforces why I love being a blue. Most fans won't get that array of emotions in a whole season.
titbumwilly
titbumwilly
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:27 pm

Indeed, and we started with about half the squad that they thrashed at our place.

Fifteen points in the CL group stages, with three away wins, is not to be sniffed at. We're behind Bayern on a minor technicality and we turned around a game that looked beyond us after ten minutes. I don't care what negative crap the papers have to say, I'm on cloud nine that we did Bayern in their own back yard. Happy days!

And I don't even care that we'll get a tough game in the round of 16, we'll have to play a tough side sooner or later anyway.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:28 pm

titbumwilly wrote:Moi, a miserable git?
Yeah, ok that's a fair call!
Tonight just reinforces why I love being a blue. Most fans won't get that array of emotions in a whole season.
Too right! After ten minutes, I thought we'd get battered, and yet by the end I was wishing for that fourth goal. I never thought in a million years we'd score as many as three there. Bloomin' marvellous!
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:32 pm

leopold wrote:
blueboy wrote:And you know what? 

Will the papers concentrate on our team beating BM away 3-2?

Will they fuck. We'll be a laughing stock come the papers tomorrow.

MP? Dear oh dear...pathetic.
Yeah, because that'll be a really easy sell.  I suppose it might've helped if we'd beaten the current European champions in their own back yard after going two behind in the first ten minutes, a team who've not lost at home in christ knows how long, the same team that thrashed us at our place a couple of months ago, or even if we'd won three out of three away games in the CL when we're allegedly struggling on the road.

Oh, wait...  Rolling Eyes 

Laughing stock.  Yeah, that's just so funny, turning round a bad start and picking up a massive win on the road against Bayern.  We're such a laugh, us lot, that Arsenal are probably shitting themselves at the prospect of meeting such a joke club.

Somehow, I don't think there's much laughter going on right now.  There certainly isn't on here, you bunch of miserable gits  Razz

not got a fucking clue if that shite is aimed at me.... but like I said if you read it... I will be disappointed after such a good result if the papers concentrate on MP's fuck up and not our win.  Rolling Eyes ....and they will!!!
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by meltonblue Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:33 pm

Right, I said I would put on here my thoughts on Pellegrini so far. This was written after the Southampton game at the weekend. As always, apologies for length!

In terms of Pellegrini, I think he is doing a good job so far and not too dissimilar to what I expected. At Malaga and Madrid, it took a while for his philosophy to truly bed in and they then both just clicked. We have seen that happen in a few games do far at home, but there is still obviously some work to do away (Southampton today, their style of play suits the so called bigger teams for me than it does smaller ones that sit deep against it, I don't think we will be the only team to drop points there). 

For me, I don't think some people realise the transition we have gone through. Changing to a high defensive line and a pressing game from the rigid defensive shape Mancini preferred is a big change in tactics, both in terms of the defensive and attacking transitions of play. At times, it has looked irresistible. However, we don't have a full team that suits that style of play yet, which is why we can come unstuck when not everyone presses. Ditto, the defensive errors, which are coming from defenders getting used to a new system - look how many times one of them gives up a chance due to not stepping up with the rest and end up playing someone onside. Fernandinho must be nackered after every game, the amount of covering he does for other players. 

I think Pellegrini knows that, but the man manager in him is keeping players motivated whilst there aren't any other options. It will take a season or twos worth of transfer windows to properly change the squad to that. Given that, he had two choices. Get the players used to the system they want embedding throughout the club through the transition phase or throw it out the window for short term benefit. Personally, I'd rather stick to the former. 

I would argue the transition we are going through in terms of changing that style of play is bigger than that happening at United this season as they haven't really changed their players or style of play as far as I've seen, yet look how difficult they have found it. We win against arsenal, and we are at most four points off the top chasing a team that is the only one to have continuity in both manager and playing style and only half way through the season. 

I do get the train of thought that we could be top now, but for me that would have involved sacrificing long term gain for short term benefit. My expectations at the start of the season were a title challenge and get through the group stages of the CL. He has done one and I'm sure the other will follow, I just think some people need to temper expectations and consider we are currently in the next phase of setting us up for the next 10 years, I never thought it was going to be smooth but we need to give it time now and not solely focus on this season but the bigger picture as well.
meltonblue
meltonblue
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by meltonblue Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:33 pm

The papers all seem to be concentrating on Uniteds win...
meltonblue
meltonblue
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:38 pm

Well done. Bet you knew we needed one more goal???
 silent
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by meltonblue Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:40 pm

Who, me? Too right I did! I'm more irritated by the fact they are focussing on a 1-0 bog standard home win rather than our comeback to be honest.
meltonblue
meltonblue
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:48 pm

That's always going to happen Melton...they couldn't give a shit about us...

As long as we keep winning leagues, trophies and progressing further in the CL each year until we win it... They can concentrate on the rags all they like for me.

Here's hoping its enough to make them forget the MP indiscretion!!  Razz
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:54 pm

I always knew we would beat them with a weakened team !
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by coolenglishbob Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:05 am

I read this column regularly,but I cannot figure you lot out.We have just beaten the European Champions in their own midden and all you can do is complain.Think back 6 or 7 years and realise what has happened to our club since then.The manager is not only concerned with the game tonight,Niall Quinn commented after the game that we had just as big a game on Saturday and it is his job to go for that one now.The one positive though is that all the players who have been getting knocked all season came through tonight,surely that is a positive.I give up Razz  Razz

coolenglishbob
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:55 am

I only had the highlights on in the background, but didn't Souness downplay Utds win? Basically they were poor.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:21 am

meltonblue wrote:I do get the train of thought that we could be top now, but for me that would have involved sacrificing long term gain for short term benefit. My expectations at the start of the season were a title challenge and get through the group stages of the CL. He has done one and I'm sure the other will follow, I just think some people need to temper expectations and consider we are currently in the next phase of setting us up for the next 10 years, I never thought it was going to be smooth but we need to give it time now and not solely focus on this season but the bigger picture as well.
I completely agree with this. All we need to do to justify this approach is look at the rags: They persevered when their manager was changing things and they reaped the rewards for two decades. Then look at Chelsea: Yeah, sure they've won stuff, but they're not consistent challengers. We're looking to dominate for years, not perform the odd smash and grab to keep the owner happy.

Not that this excuses playing Garcia, of course...

coolenglishbob wrote:I read this column regularly,but I cannot figure you lot out.We have just beaten the European Champions in their own midden and all you can do is complain.Think back 6 or 7 years and realise what has happened to our club since then.The manager is not only concerned with the game tonight,Niall Quinn commented after the game that we had just as big a game on Saturday and it is his job to go for that one now.The one positive though is that all the players who have been getting knocked all season came through tonight,surely that is a positive.I give up Razz  Razz
Thanks, Bob. I'm glad it's not just me that thinks this.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:30 am

fuck off you defensive mard-arses... Rolling Eyes 

How many times do we have to have this debate?

We are all entitled to post what we think, feel, watched, observed, heard about...or just to have a moan if we want to....we don't need an anti-negativity party telling us that what we say is wrong, incorrect or not appealing to their beliefs...

Last night - we were lucky not to be 4-0 at half-time.
We got a break and scored a goal, which was massive for us in the 2nd half. Certain players were nothing short of shite in the first half, some had a decent game.

Micah is finished.

Kolorov can't mark.

Garcia had a handful of touches.

2nd half: 100% better - scored 2 goals, MP fucked up his subs as nobody knew what the fuck was happening - he got found out in his post match interview - the papers are making him sound a little stupid.

Great result, let's see who we get for finishing 2nd.

Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:37 am

Wow, bit touchy this morning aren't we  Wink .

4-0 down at half time.....really blue? Apart from the 1st 15-20 minutes, i thought we were the better team and 2-1 was probably a fair reflection.....that's just my opinion though  Razz .

Agreed about Micah, if the Arse still want him, get rid.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:42 am

shakencity wrote:Wow, bit touchy this morning aren't we  Wink .

4-0 down at half time.....really blue? Apart from the 1st 15-20 minutes, i thought we were the better team and 2-1 was probably a fair reflection.....that's just my opinion though  Razz .

Agreed about Micah, if the Arse still want him, get rid.

Nope...just fed up with not being able to say what you think on here lately...

I'm made up with the result...we just missed a trick and an opportunity to win the group and get a better chance of making another round...

I don't mind if people think Garcia had a good game, or that DeM is a good defender...their opinion.

I am pissed off with not being able to post comments outside of this yellow box - for some reason my cursor won't go into the white area!!! Some may wish I couldn't post anything!! Razz  Razz  Razz 
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:44 am

blueboy wrote:We are all entitled to post what we think, feel, watched, observed, heard about...or just to have a moan if we want to....we don't need an anti-negativity party telling us that what we say is wrong, incorrect or not appealing to their beliefs...
Very true, Bluey. Just like we don't need an anti-positive party harping on about every little thing they're not happy with, calling others mard-arses for being happy when we win a game and telling people to fuck off just because they don't agree with you.

I bet you were a right barrel of laughs in the nineties  Razz 
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:51 am

blueboy wrote:

You do, so what's the problem?  Laughing
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:55 am

shakencity wrote:
blueboy wrote:

Actually, that's true - you're the most vocal person on here, Bluey.

I know you're feeling in the minority a bit this morning, mate, but please don't feel pissed off. We've all been there from time to time.

As for the quote box, that's pissing me off as well. I've had to click the button that says "Switch Editor Mode" (looks like a page with writing on it) to turn it off. Dunno why it's not working like it did...
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:04 am

leopold wrote:
shakencity wrote:
blueboy wrote:

As for the quote box, that's pissing me off as well.  I've had to click the button that says "Switch Editor Mode" (looks like a page with writing on it) to turn it off.  Dunno why it's not working like it did...

I've had problems too and did that "switch editor mode" thing by default. Back to normal now...of sorts.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:07 am

I think you should all grow a beard and calm down.

It's Christmas.

I've not said much yet, I'm still shocked by the result and equally as perplexed by the post-match interview. Give a shit? Not really, we beat Bayern at home, I'm just gald we didn't get embarrassed and everyone has come out the game unscatched.

Now we've got an (almost) fully fit first 11, bit of confidence so bring on Arsenal. (I've not managed to get to many games this season but I couldn't miss this weekends game).
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:13 am

Maybe that's my problem...I've grown a beard this year!! Very Happy 

Sorry guys...had a shit few days....I'll calm down...don't take my comments personally....it was meant to be generic and pointed to any one person.

Still no signal on my phone...driving me mad as I need it for my business!!!

Anyway - maybe I should shave my beard off!
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:15 am

where is the switch editor mode?
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:17 am

Blue,

You'll find that the more you take off your beard, the bigger your tits will grow. I'd give it a miss.
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:21 am

Jordan wrote:Blue,

You'll find that the more you take off your beard, the bigger your tits will grow. I'd give it a miss.

I'll keep it then!
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:21 am

blueboy wrote:where is the switch editor mode?

Found it
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:33 am

blueboy wrote:Maybe that's my problem...I've grown a beard this year!! Very Happy 
I've grown a beard as well. I think it's made me grumpier as well... And my tits haven't shrunk either. That Jordan's a right fibber  Mad 

leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:50 am

tell me about it!

Bayern vs City - Page 3 Jay,%20no%20shirt%20in%20portland%20hotel%20with%20beard
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:42 pm

Sweet...
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:16 pm

Isn't that ONH?
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:28 pm

I think we all went through the gammit of emotions last night, after their second i was totally raging at our non existent defence. Especially after watching Demi hugging and joking with Bayern staff and players in the tunnel before the teams came out then playing like a twat along with Lescott and kolarov.
We really need to sort out our defence especially away from home and certain players need to be released.
Micah is a waste of space too and should never start another game if he is ever fit enough to do so. We may have lost the chance to get a decent fee for him now as nobody will want to pay much for a player that cannot manage 3 games in a row without being out for half a season.
Second half of the first half onward was a million times better we looked far more organised and settled at the back and were creating all kinds of problems for their defenders.
We could and possible should have scored a 4th and MP should have brought on Aguero for the last 10 minutes but he screwed up. He thought that we needed 2 goals and that it was unlikely and more important to bring off Silva.
That fucking smirking prick Hoddle after the game ended was having an orgasm over this error and could not bring himself to lavish any praise on the team. He insisted that rather than City stepping up a gear it was plainly a case of Bayern taking their foot off the gas, i think it was probably a bit of both but he is a prick anyway.
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:05 pm

Ah, bollocks to Hoddle. He once said disabled people are being punished by God for a past life, so his opinion is irrelevant.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by coolenglishbob Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:50 pm

If I offended anyone with my comments ,it was unintentional,but I still stick to what I said and I am sooo pleased with the result that I do not care Razz  Razz

coolenglishbob
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:53 pm

No...I was over the top mate....my problem, not yours.  Very Happy 
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by coolenglishbob Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:00 pm

Blueboy-Touche mate Razz

coolenglishbob
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:22 am

What an about turn on this thread ... made me laugh - whoever said Milner was having a bad game?  He was bloody great and involved in all three goals.  Wake up - we beat Bayern away 3-2.  You would have taken that like a shot before the game - I would.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:26 pm

Never mind I am more pissed off because of the fact I did not get to see the game. Thought I had recorded it on the iq. went to watch it only to find instead of deleting the Southampton game id deleted the Bayern match. Only found out after id missed the re run on espn. To rub salt into the wound SBS here in oz were running the gala / juve game but as it was abandoned showed the whole city game. They were still advertising it as gala v juve so I did not bother to watch. @ 11.00pm drove into the city to pick up my 15 yr old who with her pal went to see Taylor Swift. Took 40 mins to drive 2 klm to get out of the city. almost home driving past a wildlife park a bloody big kangaroo jumped straight in front of the car. I hit it straight on luckily it went over the car missed the windscreen & roof landed in the road then up and hopped off into the bushes. The bonnet of the car is a mess though. Fortunately a company car so no expense to me. That's why I am pissed off. rant over.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:36 pm

Razz  Razz  Razz
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:56 pm

sympathy noted blue !!!!
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:05 pm

that's a funny story....though I do feel your pain fella.

I did something similar early on in the year...my youngest dominates the memory on Sky+....it's always 90% full or more...I'm always going mad at him about recording about 4 programmes a day...and then me and missus are wanting to record something whilst watching something else....and its double-booked.

Anyway...on the memory I had the City v QPR game, left there for days of nostalgia...a reminder of one of the best days of my life...

After thinking to myself...I'm going to teach my lad a lesson after having about 20 arguments over his programmes ruining everyone elses chance of recording programmes, I systematically went through deleting everything he'd watched and left the others he hadn't....freeing up 65% of the memory....

However, I'd deleted the City v QPR game as well........ Evil or Very Mad
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:20 pm

ouch !!! I have watched that game so many times. I had it on my iq locked so it couldn't be deleted. that was until the iq went up the spout about 3 months ago. They replaced the iq box with a new one but couldn't save any of the data of the old one. As luck would have it I transferred it to dvd a long time ago so still have a copy to watch.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:54 pm

I love watching the highlights to that game on youtube as well as the 6-1 at the swamp especially the french guys video.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:35 pm

I'd heard the QPR game was in full on the 2011/12 season review DVD, which I have got, but I've never actually looked for it. Largely because I don't have a DVD player any more...
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:57 pm

have to look on ebay for it
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend