Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
No Cash in the attic.... EmptyYesterday at 8:43 pm by Wensdi

» Pep’s at it again
No Cash in the attic.... EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
No Cash in the attic.... EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
No Cash in the attic.... EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
No Cash in the attic.... EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
No Cash in the attic.... EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
No Cash in the attic.... EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
No Cash in the attic.... EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
No Cash in the attic.... EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
No Cash in the attic.... EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

No Cash in the attic....

+3
blueboy
skyblueoz
Topdawg
7 posters

Go down

No Cash in the attic.... Empty No Cash in the attic....

Post by Topdawg Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:09 am

David Moyes has said Utd won't be buying anyone in the transfer window. Whilst I may not totally believe him as his word can be rather unreliable at times, that may be a big problem with their attempts to qualify for Europe.

I won't be shedding any tears.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

No Cash in the attic.... Empty Re: No Cash in the attic....

Post by skyblueoz Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:14 am

I hope he is for once telling the truth, The faster they become like the lamp joke, Looking good in the middle of the table the happier I will be.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:42 am

Can't see that whatsoever.

After the debacle of their summer transfers and where they are in the table, the injuries they have.....and Chelsea's unstabling bid for Rooney....

I'm sure they'll buy.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:00 pm

Moyes needs to buy some quality players to cover up the cracks left by Slur Alex and his own inadequate ability as a manager.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:16 pm

Purple nose has really done a number on the rags. He's so egotistical, he was always going to leave the club in a bad way so any new boss would look crap.

Bloody funny, mind!!
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:27 pm

Let's hope they beat Sunderland so we can stuff them at Wembley. And they'll get into Europe next season.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:42 pm

I've been watching the FA Cup highlights programme from last night. Listening to Gordon Strachan, you'd think United were in dreadful shape. He's going on about how weak the team is and how they need to strengthen.

Excuse me? Isn't this weak team more or less the same one that won the league at a canter last season? I mean, there's no Scholes now, but I don't recall him playing all that many games last year. Surely a team that won by 11 points last year can't have been overtaken to the point of being 11 points behind by the halfway stage of the following season and languishing in seventh place, can it?

I think it's brilliant how every pundit is burying their head in the sand and blaming it on a "weak team", when it's patently obvious they've replaced a manager who everyone feared with one that nobody is fussed about.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:53 pm

The managers are all banding together and saying Moyes is the man to sort it out, Gus Poyet being the latest. Nobody ever says what they are probably thinking and just go for the ususal soundbites.
Moyes may be the man to sort it out, but nobody is actually coming out and saying that he is the reason it needs sorting out in the first place ! Rolling Eyes
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:49 pm

let them keep saying that then it will make there demise more fun to watch.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:49 pm

Taggert knew it was his last season....he bought RVP for last hurrah...and it worked. He was the person responsible for bringing in Moyes, who let's face it, prior to his appointment, most were saying was a good manager and had done well with Everton.

However, what we've seen now, is Martinez come in and rejuvenate Everton into believing that a top 6 finish is only a par...and that a top 4 place is possible with a more attacking philosophy. Interesting how Moyes has dropped his 'defensive' philosophy and adopted a more attacking one...thereby, leaving his defence woefully exposed.

Rumours are that Taggert had such dominance over Gill, that Moyes was installed at his request.

Now, he may be the right guy in the long-term....but United have had problems for the past 3 years, which quite frankly, were down to Taggert to sort out......he gambled on RVP...and it worked, only for the fact the we, Chelsea and Arsenal were so poor last season.

He's responsible for their demise.....Moyes has just picked up where Taggert left off....with a team that is lacking in serious quality of teams 4 or 5 years ago....and with the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool, Everton, Chelsea and ourselves, all improving our squads much more.

It's their problem...and long may that continue. Very Happy
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:29 pm

ManCityMan wrote:The managers are all banding together and saying Moyes is the man to sort it out, Gus Poyet being the latest.
Yeah, I'm sure Gus really means it, too. Rolling Eyes 

The rags are the weakest they've been in well over two decades and his team are just about to play against them in a cup semi final. Knowing they're ripe for the picking, it's probably not wise to say they're crap in case they decide to prove otherwise. Just keep buttering them up, let the board think Fergie knew what he was talking about. Keep handing over the shovels and wheeling away the barrows full of soil...

I'm fairly sure the United bosses will try to rinse and repeat the formula they used for Fergie, but back in the mid 80s it was a different game. By the time Moyes has rebuilt, they'll be too far behind the curve. Joy!!!!
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:48 pm

Slur Alex wasted £15M on Zaha last January. That was money they should have spent getting a quality MF instead.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:41 pm

Oh dear... Beaten by Sunderland now! When was the last time the rags lost three games on the spin?

I just hope we win tomorrow now I'm gloating again  Neutral 
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:56 pm

The way they are going, they won't even qualify for Europe which would be a shame.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:17 pm

Wasn't this where the 'typical City' moment used to kick in? Where, while dancing with glee at the rags downfall, we promptly go out and lose our unbeaten home record to a shit West Ham team that suddenly decides to play like they are Barcelona?
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:54 pm

Fucking better not!!!
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:05 pm

ManCityMan wrote:Wasn't this where the 'typical City' moment used to kick in? Where, while dancing with glee at the rags downfall, we promptly go out and lose our unbeaten home record to a shit West Ham team that suddenly decides to play like they are Barcelona?
Yep. That's why I'm not getting over excited just yet. Which is a real trial as I don't even remember the last time the rags lost three games on the trot.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:08 am

leopold wrote:
ManCityMan wrote:Wasn't this where the 'typical City' moment used to kick in? Where, while dancing with glee at the rags downfall, we promptly go out and lose our unbeaten home record to a shit West Ham team that suddenly decides to play like they are Barcelona?
Yep.  That's why I'm not getting over excited just yet.  Which is a real trial as I don't even remember the last time the rags lost three games on the trot.

Bollocks, not a cat in hells chance that City won't win tonight......8-0. Yes, 8-0, West Ham really are THAT shit.

ps. I won't be on here tomorrow, if they don't win  Laughing Laughing Laughing 
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:03 am

I expect you to get a tattoo on your arse with ' I love West Ham' if City don't win...
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:40 am

leopold wrote:
Yep.  That's why I'm not getting over excited just yet.  Which is a real trial as I don't even remember the last time the rags lost three games on the trot.

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:45 am

Apparently they lost 3 on the trot 13 years ago. maybe it was 3 league games in 1992???
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:53 am

sorry...you're right...2001 was the last time it was 3 on the row, 1992 was 3 in a week.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:17 am

Moyes is having yet another pop at the referees...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25647570

This time he's saying he has to play against the referees as well as the opposition. So is he saying they're biased or just incompetent? I seem to recall Ian Holloway and Mick McCarthy have both been given a big old slap from the FA for saying less than Moyes has done so far and Brendan Rodgers had the FA on his back for saying the ref got a decision wrong. So when is the FA going to take action?

Not that it matters. Gollum is proving what a bitter old tosspot he really is.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:36 am

It's not all down to the manager change though, it's been the same since the Glazers took over.

They cannot expect to take 40m out of the business each year and not expect it to bring the team down. They got lucky with the 80m they got for the show pony, and that RVP was the catalyst last season.

They haven't spent anything like the money needed to remain a top European team. It's 30m a player nowadays, not 5-10m for a 18 year old in case they get good.

Their business model is fooked, plain and simple.

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:48 am

I think the main problem Moyes has right now is that the only two players he has who can drag victory from the jaws of defeat - RVP and Rooney - are both injured.  Without those two, they look like a broken team.  They never found a replacement for Scholes, they've still not found anyone to take over from Giggs, their main CB pairing is broken, they don't have any decent full-backs, many of their recent purchases have been rubbish and the one playmaker they do have - Kagawa - is looking very disinterested in continuing there.

And Fellaini aside, not one ounce of this is Moyes' fault, but the raggies want him gone anyway.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonchester Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:06 am

He might escape FA punishment as he just said soemthing like "I don't understand how the referee can give that free kick & penalty"..
Maybe the book they throw at him will be the rule book and let him read them  Surprised))) hehehehe
Moonchester
Moonchester
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:45 pm

Topdawg wrote:I expect you to get a tattoo on your arse with ' I love West Ham' if City don't win...

Fuck that!! If west Ham win i want Den to get "I Love Manchester U ****d" tattooed on his arse.
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:49 pm

He said he could not understand how the linesman could see the penalty when his view was obstructed by Evra while the ref had a clear view and did not give it until the lino intervened.
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:50 pm

ManCityMan wrote:
Topdawg wrote:I expect you to get a tattoo on your arse with ' I love West Ham' if City don't win...

Fuck that!! If west Ham win i want Den to get "I Love Manchester U ****d" tattooed on his arse.

What? Then that'll be 3 clubs he loves! Razz Razz Razz 
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:57 pm

ManCityMan wrote:

Never  Razz Razz 

Howabout, if City do lose i get "typical fuckin City" tattoo'd on there  Shocked 
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:00 pm

shakencity wrote:
ManCityMan wrote:

Never  Razz Razz 

Howabout, if City do lose i get "typical fuckin City" tattoo'd on there  Shocked 

It'd be closer to the truth!! Razz 
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:21 pm

Didn't Moyes say that they are playing against the officials as well as the opponents?

He says he just laughs at them now so why the fuck all this whinging?
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:54 pm

He did, Dawg. And yes, if he's supposedly laughing then he shouldn't be having a whinge. Unless of course it's the nervous and inappropriate laugh of a man who knows he's about to die...
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:06 pm

Come on guys.....leave him alone. He's getting dogs abuse for taking over a squad that is depleted of quality...leave him in place and give him at least 2 or maybe 6 years... Rolling Eyes
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:35 am

I guess there's no need for any silly tattoo then is there
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:47 am

You could get one with David Moyes forever...
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:29 pm

You could get Moyes face tattooed on yer arse instead and then he would be forever spouting shite   Razz
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down