Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
UEFA target Loserpool EmptyYesterday at 8:43 pm by Wensdi

» Pep’s at it again
UEFA target Loserpool EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
UEFA target Loserpool EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
UEFA target Loserpool EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
UEFA target Loserpool EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
UEFA target Loserpool EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
UEFA target Loserpool EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
UEFA target Loserpool EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
UEFA target Loserpool EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
UEFA target Loserpool EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

UEFA target Loserpool

5 posters

Go down

UEFA target Loserpool Empty UEFA target Loserpool

Post by shakencity Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:00 am

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/clubs/liverpool/article4214782.ece

Loserpool could have £7m whithheld for breaching FFP rules.

Please let me sit down for a minute, as surely this can't be right. The darlings of Europe being investigate over their financies, well, well, well.

Kick the Scouse gits out of the competition i say Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

UEFA target Loserpool Empty Re: UEFA target Loserpool

Post by Topdawg Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:12 am

Why wasn't this done already? Why couldn't they have been banned from the CL this season? I know it's more onerous than our punishment, but UEFA screwed us over. Or why can't Liverpool be fined £50M like us?
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:04 am

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:02 am

Not much more meat on the bones and the slime that comment, well, what a bunch of wankers they are.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:44 am

If these clubs are defined as "at risk" how does fining them massive amounts of money and then giving that money to their CL opponents help them?  Rolling Eyes
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:37 pm

No idea, MCM.  I don't think it's supposed to.  It's meant to discourage them from spending beyond their means.  Or, in this case, to prevent them from spending money given to them by their owner, as opposed to the bank.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:51 pm

leopold wrote:No idea, MCM.  I don't think it's supposed to.  It's meant to discourage them from spending beyond their means.  Or, in this case, to prevent them from spending money given to them by their owner, as opposed to the bank.

Problem is, as a business owner you can borrow money off the bank to 'speculate' and invest in equipment, offices etc...that's what 'most' teams do, however, the likes of United run up debts of £350m....but because they can service their interest payments and the books show a profit each year, it's acceptable.

However, a team like Liverpool can post £35-50m losses 3 seasons running...but because their income will increase by £100m, they think that's OK.

FFP should be that clubs should be working harder to clear debts, and not spending any money until the debt is cleared...rather than this draconian rule of £30-50m per quota losses being allowed.

The simple rule should have been this:

As of......whatever date......clubs entering the CL or UEFA Cup competitions cannot spend money that isn't theirs. ie, you have losses of £50m, the money earned from thr PL/La Liga etc and the CL revenue, can be used to clear any existing debts first, then when the debts have been cleared, whatever money is left in the kitty can be used for transfers.

Should a club choose not to accept these conditions, then the club can opt out of the competition with the club below them automatically being offered their place.

That way, the likes of United, Liverpool etc will become debt free and not work on a false budget under current FFP rules, where the clubs like ourselves and Chelsea: if the owner invests money into the clubs accounts and that money is used to spend £500m on players, then so be it, but the money is not owed.

It goes against all corporate law rules of business trading.

And we get punished for owing nothing, but falling foul of some Pratini-driven, made-up nonsense.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:44 pm

And this is why you'll never be in charge of anything, Bluey.  That's just far too sensible a solution!
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:50 pm

It does make you wonder doesn't it....thank god I run my business sensibly. Though, be bloody marvellous to be able to throw £50m at an employee and not have to worry about it! I wish! Razz
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:11 pm

Ah...  It appears that you are in charge of something...  Embarassed  But you know what I mean.  It seems some of these organisations are just geared up to make absolutely no sense whatsoever.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:57 pm

Leo....they only care about bringing in ridiculous rules to radicalise 'something' that reflects on their inflated salaries and show they actually have done something for their money....but as we know with Greg Dyke...just bringing in rules doesn't always mean it helps or makes sense for the game....but as long as they keep their jobs, they're happy and don't really care if it's sensible or not. Rolling Eyes
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down