Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Pogba - is he worth it at over £50M? EmptyYesterday at 1:49 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Pogba - is he worth it at over £50M? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Pogba - is he worth it at over £50M? EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Pogba - is he worth it at over £50M? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Pogba - is he worth it at over £50M? EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Pogba - is he worth it at over £50M? EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Pogba - is he worth it at over £50M? EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Pogba - is he worth it at over £50M? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Pogba - is he worth it at over £50M? EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Pogba - is he worth it at over £50M? EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Pogba - is he worth it at over £50M?

4 posters

Go down

Pogba - is he worth it at over £50M? Empty Pogba - is he worth it at over £50M?

Post by Topdawg Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:10 pm

The lad looks like a very decent player. But his agent says it is going to take a world record fee to make him leave Juve, Whether that's exaggerating a bit, I'm not entirely sure. If Madrid weren't in the bidding, maybe we could have got him for £50M. That would probably be the end of our spending in the summer.

But if he ends up at Madrid for in excess of £60M, then I can see a couple of players leaving to help pay for the transfer as well as them having too many players.

Ignoring Khedira (leaving this summer anyway as out of contract I think), they'll have Kroos, Isco, James Rodriguez, Bale, Modric, Ronaldo, Benzema and Pogba fighting over maybe 5 or 6 spots. They've also got Lucas Silva and Illarra in their current squad also fighting for those spots.

Maybe a couple will leave and that might be a better opportunity for us. Having said that, Madrid will push for top dollar like beating £60M out of Utd for di Maria
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Pogba - is he worth it at over £50M? Empty Re: Pogba - is he worth it at over £50M?

Post by blueboy Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:44 pm

If Isco was available for £30m....we should be all out to get him, however, I can really see them trying to sell a big name and get Pogba for nothing to pay his wages.

Therefore, I'd be looking at Bale and Isco as potential sell on's or even Benzima.

Whatever happens, we all now know we have 5 or 6 players at the club who currently bring fuck all to the team and must be worth £100m to get rid of. Therefore, I would rather us be paying £60m for Pogba....or £80m for a Bale plus one other  or both and bin the shit that we have already who are useless.

Add to the squad with our promising youth academy players...as it stands, it's the same old protagonists who bring fuck all to table as it and must all be on a combined wage of £400k pw...and that's excluding TLMLF!!...so add another £220k!!
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Pogba - is he worth it at over £50M? Empty Re: Pogba - is he worth it at over £50M?

Post by blueboy Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:49 pm

Do what Chelsea have done.. spend wisely and pay what it takes to get top quality players who will play week in week out....not the same amount of money on 5 shit players who will rotate due to injuries and crap form.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:59 pm

Liverpool and Spurs followed that route once they sold Bale and Suarez. They were likely to get lucky with one or two of their signings (Eriksen for instance) but they haven't enhanced their teams and they have actually gone backwards. That feels exactly the same as what we have done.

I can't see Madrid letting Isco go for less than £40M, but I'd like someone of that quality. Wouldn't say no to Khediera but we'd have to sell the chuckle brothers for that to happen.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:36 am

if that transfer embargo comes in for illegal under age payments real won't be buying anyone.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:00 am

yep, there's always that..

What's the betting that'll come in at the start of next season when their business has been done! Evil or Very Mad
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:13 pm

Not for £50m+....but I think we do need a marquee signing this summer, if only to prove we can improve our squad for next season.
Lesser priced players (and equally a good) are out there, we just have to be a little more frugal with our signings.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:34 pm

That's the problem though Den, we don't want to strengthen our squad, we NEED to strengthen our first 11.

£50m in the summer will be nothing...clubs will be making some big, big signings. We HAVE to as well.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:49 pm

blueboy wrote:That's the problem though Den, we don't want to strengthen our squad, we NEED to strengthen our first 11.
Sorry Andy, that's what I meant.

How much money are we allowed to spend in the summer though?
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:20 pm

I think restrictions won't affect us as much...so any income/profit/sponsor/PL money etc, in addition to player sells will mean we could have £100-120m....not sure on the exact figure, it could be even higher.

I can see the likes of Jovetic, possibly Dzeko and myabe TLMLF being moved on. Maybe even Milner at this rate, possibly Kolorov and Navas. There's a potential £80-100m on top of everything else. 

Not only the squad, but we need to improve areas like CMF, 2 more strikers, LB and wide players to start with.

Those, apart from Milner and TLMLF, aren't anywhere near good enough.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:30 pm

If you look at where we need to improve, we could seriously improve our first 11 by at least another 25% and it's needed, especially for the CL.

These are only hypotheticals...but we need to have a first 11 like this:

...................................Hart...................................

Zaba..................Vinny.............Ramos.........Coentraou

.Silva..................Pogba..............Nasri................Bale

..................Ageuro................Bony............................
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:22 am

Even if we had £200M, I don't think we could afford Bale, Pogba, Ramos and Coentraou. And if you're using Jovetic and Dzeko to top up the transfer fund, we need to buy at least one new striker as well.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down