Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
The Manager situation..... EmptyToday at 4:13 pm by atlblue

» Pep’s at it again
The Manager situation..... EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
The Manager situation..... EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
The Manager situation..... EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
The Manager situation..... EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
The Manager situation..... EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
The Manager situation..... EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
The Manager situation..... EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
The Manager situation..... EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
The Manager situation..... EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

The Manager situation.....

+2
shakencity
blueboy
6 posters

Go down

The Manager situation..... Empty The Manager situation.....

Post by blueboy Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:24 pm

Look, I know this is massively left field, BUT, if MP was to be sacked in the summer, we are left with limited options.

Pep may not want a move until next season.

Ancelotti doesn't seem to be the type of Manager the Spanish duo want.

People (not me) are saying Viera isn't experienced enough in a first team managerial role.

Benitez for a year - can't see him giving up Napoli for a job in the PL just for one year.

Rogers - just can't see him leaving LFC in the middle of a project.

Simeone has just signed a new contract and is rumoured not to be a target.

This leaves us with....and I hate to say it, but what about these two for a season?

- Harry Rednkapp
 - Eddie Howe

This, is solely down to the fact that IF MP is sacked and Pep WILL come next year, who can fill the void for a season if that's the case?

Like I said, very much left field, but hear me out.

Harry Redknapp. For what we all think about him, he is a good tactician and an extremely good man-motivator. Could he inspire the players to raise their efforts on the field? I think so. The player acquisitions will be done by the Spaniard anyway in the summer.

Eddie Howe. Even though he has no PL experience in a managerial role, his Bournemouth side have been said to play the BEST football out out all the divisions. This suits the profile of what the club is trying to achieve - attractive, attacking football. Yes, there are plenty of downsides to this - one, he's an unknown and how would the mega-stars take to a young, relatively unknown Manager? 
But what an opportunity to see what he could do. Next season will be a transition year anyway I suppose. However, personally, it's too big a risk....but we could unearth the next gem, as I honestly think this fella will go on to big and better things in the PL. For me, it's like the risk Ath Madrid took with Simeone - and look at how that worked out.

I personally would like Viera in the role. Big personality, demands respect, seems to be able to motivate and has been there and done that.

Like I said - throwing this out there and you can rip it to pieces if you like and call me an idiot.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

The Manager situation..... Empty Re: The Manager situation.....

Post by shakencity Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:50 pm

Howe, struggled when given the chance at Burnley though blue and back peddled back to Bournemouth....but admittedly has done brilliantly at once again down there (and i really hope they go up). Imo, it's far too big a risk and i don't think it's one our owners will even be contemplating....but i'd have him before Redknapp all day long.

I get the feeling we'll end up keeping hold of MP next season and try to get Pep next......that said, he still may not come to us after that and where will that leave us?
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:08 pm

Yep....if he doesn't want us...I can only see one appointment - VIERA.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:16 pm

It would be a smack in the face of Vieira if any newcomer or old hand was appointed.

Unless we get a big name, Vieira is the only choice. But what would happen after one year if/when Pep is available and Vieira has done ok?
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:25 pm

He goes back to the EDS or if he'd done that well, Pep would surely have him on his back room staff.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:34 pm

This is a tricky one. Can i just ask, is Vieira being lined up to take the hot seat anyway...or will he just be filling in until someone else comes along?

If he is, what happens if he gets the job and does shite then?....does he get booted out of the club completely, as the EDS job will be with someone else?

What about Ronald Koeman?
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:41 pm

shakencity wrote:
I get the feeling we'll end up keeping hold of MP next season 

Please God no .......

I'm still liking the idea of the fat Spanish Waiter for a stop gap.    Will do a lot better than the current chump.

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:41 pm

I personally think he's being lined up as a long term Manager. Is it too soon? Probably. 

IF Pep was to come this or next season - we know he'll probably only hang around for 3 years - it seems to be his way, which means the job for Viera in 3 or 4 seasons time.

Will Viera want to stay with the EDS for 4 years? Probably not. Would he be accepted as a coach and learn under Pep? Maybe.

Another long shot option, if Pep doesn't want Viera - is for him to go to New York City and manage them for a couple of seasons, maybe starting next year?

Come back in time for when Pep comes or leaves?

It does seem to all revolve around whether Pep will come or not and when.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:15 pm

Harry Redknapp?  No better than Alan Ball, in my eyes.  I'd much rather have FSW, to be honest.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:04 pm

I believe if Bayern win the champs league then we may well see The city Spanish amigos convince pep to leave a season early, it would be a challenge for him to emulate mourinho & win champs league with 3 different clubs. If not then I can see us making a play for koeman or klopp.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:29 pm

For me offer Pep the best deal imaginable & get him to sign ASAP either for next season or the season after. If it's in 2yrs give Vieira a year with the assurance that he will be still part of the first team managerial team if he does well
Talking to a couple of Rag friends at work they seem to think Pep is a shoe in for Old Toilet after next season. Unfortunately I think that is more likely than him coming to us
We are in a dilemna.
If we sack MP and he surely deserves to be who do we get? I think the only real options are give MP another season or Ancelotti or Benitez if they wont trust Vieira
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down