Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
So let me get this right....top PL scorer isn't in the PFA team? EmptyYesterday at 11:22 am by TMG

» Pep’s at it again
So let me get this right....top PL scorer isn't in the PFA team? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
So let me get this right....top PL scorer isn't in the PFA team? EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
So let me get this right....top PL scorer isn't in the PFA team? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
So let me get this right....top PL scorer isn't in the PFA team? EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
So let me get this right....top PL scorer isn't in the PFA team? EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
So let me get this right....top PL scorer isn't in the PFA team? EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
So let me get this right....top PL scorer isn't in the PFA team? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
So let me get this right....top PL scorer isn't in the PFA team? EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
So let me get this right....top PL scorer isn't in the PFA team? EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

So let me get this right....top PL scorer isn't in the PFA team?

5 posters

Go down

So let me get this right....top PL scorer isn't in the PFA team? Empty So let me get this right....top PL scorer isn't in the PFA team?

Post by blueboy Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:22 am

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/pfa-team-year-six-chelsea-5585641

Can't really argue with most of the team, but Costa over Aguero? Rolling Eyes
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

So let me get this right....top PL scorer isn't in the PFA team? Empty Re: So let me get this right....top PL scorer isn't in the PFA team?

Post by shakencity Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:40 am

Costa had a great start to the season, but since Xmas he's done diddly squat. Don't really know how Cahill and Sanchez are in either.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

So let me get this right....top PL scorer isn't in the PFA team? Empty Re: So let me get this right....top PL scorer isn't in the PFA team?

Post by leopold Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:42 am

It's crap. Fonte should be in there ahead of Ivanovic and Silva instead of Coutinho. And that's just at a cursory glance.

Still, at least Serge should get the Golden Boot.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:56 am

can't fathom it either, but city & awards don't seem to go together when recognition by their peers is on the agenda. 2011/12 Aguero not even in young poty let alone poty. last season won the league but runners up claimed all the awards?
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:10 am

OK....this would be my 11:

...............................DeGea..................................

Clyne................Fonte............Terry..............Bertrand

Hazard..............Silva............Schneiderlin..........Sanchez

.......................Aguero..........Kane..........................

Last edited by blueboy on Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:21 am

Sanchez did really well until he was injured. Coutinho had some tactical voting involved (I think Chelsea players chose him so that Hazard got player of the yer rather than Sanchez).

When the voting took place, some players were off form or injured which has affected the results. Remember that this was voted for by the players and most of them are dumb fucks.

Fabregas should have been in there for the number of assists alone (16) even though he's not been performing to the same level since Christmas.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:38 am

Bluey, that's more like it, although I'd still question the presence of Coutinho.  Surely Fabregas or Herrera or even Henderson?
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:38 am

Voting though, isn't like it was.

They can vote up to 7 days before last night. Gone are the days when they used to vote in January.

I would have tossed up between Fabregas and Coutinho - I just think Coutinho has been a stand out performer in the Liverpool team.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:39 am

I did think of Herrera....but it's only been the last 2 months where he's really excelled. Early in the season he was average.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:45 am

Fair point.  I should stress that I don't think Coutinho is bad, just that I think there are more worthy candidates.  But if there's tactical voting going on, then it just makes a mockery of the whole thing and renders it as important as a post City match analysis by Danny Mills.

If it was based on performance relative to ability, like it ought to be, then it should be most of Southampton's first 11 in there.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:07 pm

You've convinced me.

Coutinho out - Schneiderlin in.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:11 pm

blueboy wrote:Coutinho out - Schneiderlin in.
Oh, just wait til Wensdi sees this now blue Laughing
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:23 pm

affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down