Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 14 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 14 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
The Ashes....are we really going to win the 1st Test today??? EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 3:57 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
The Ashes....are we really going to win the 1st Test today??? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
The Ashes....are we really going to win the 1st Test today??? EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
The Ashes....are we really going to win the 1st Test today??? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
The Ashes....are we really going to win the 1st Test today??? EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
The Ashes....are we really going to win the 1st Test today??? EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
The Ashes....are we really going to win the 1st Test today??? EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
The Ashes....are we really going to win the 1st Test today??? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
The Ashes....are we really going to win the 1st Test today??? EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
The Ashes....are we really going to win the 1st Test today??? EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

Top posting users this month
No user

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

The Ashes....are we really going to win the 1st Test today???

4 posters

Go down

The Ashes....are we really going to win the 1st Test today??? Empty The Ashes....are we really going to win the 1st Test today???

Post by blueboy Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:32 pm

http://cricfree.sx/watch/live/australia-vs-england-live-streaming

Fantastic bowling today from all of them. Cook's catch will be up there with some of the best.

151-7.....come on England!!
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

The Ashes....are we really going to win the 1st Test today??? Empty Re: The Ashes....are we really going to win the 1st Test today???

Post by skyblueoz Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:26 pm

just finished watching it. I know we had a lot of runs to play with & they were running out of players but I was willing them to rip through the batting because the weather forecast for tomorrow was not good. I just thought with England's luck the whole day would be washed out & we would need just 1 wicket. Hope that is the best Johnson is going to do in this series, horrible man.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

The Ashes....are we really going to win the 1st Test today??? Empty Re: The Ashes....are we really going to win the 1st Test today???

Post by blueboy Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:47 pm

The bowlers...and tbf, the captaincy of Cook to rotate them at the right time, was exceptional. They weren't just poor shots that got them out on a flat, dead pitch, the bowlers were super-accurate and made sure their batsmen were under relentless pressure all game.

Brilliant start. Be interesting if Starc plays the next game - and great to see Johnson on the losing team - so agree with you!
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:57 pm

Agree about Cook also Can't see  Starc playing will probably recall Seat of Piddle for Lords Test. Only one in the England team I wasn't too sure of was Lyth. Thought Wood was a good player.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:11 pm

Lyth, apart from that century at Headingley, hasn't impressed.

However, like most, given the chance in the team and them sticking with him, he may go on to better things - we'll see.

Wood's a revelation and a different bowler to the others - his knock wasn't too shabby either!
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:51 pm

I only worry about complacency. The next test is the big one. Australia should come back firing after this unexpected jolt. I felt they were a bit too arrogant and took England far too lightly. I can see them doing everything possible to get Starc fit though they don't have too much time.

I felt Bell was under pressure. Only time will tell whether he's back or t was just a flash in the pan.

I'd like Bairstow to play, but who would you drop? No-one just yet.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:54 am

I would obviously stick with the same 11 my question marks on what I saw would be as stated already Lyth & possibly Balance, Both looked very streaky. But could be nerves 1st ashes test & all that.

I think Aussies will look @ Watson probably bring in Mitch Marsh, Siddle for starc & I expect both Rogers & Voges will be a bit nervous too. Rogers only because that is his 1st test innings in 8 innings due to injury. Voges is new too the test arena but was aprolific scorer in the Aussie domestic summer for West Australia. His age is probably the telling factor as @ 35 hardly one for the future.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:28 am

I don't think Australia will want to change it too much. Maybe Marsh for Watson as Marsh was in hot form before the series started and Watson isn't bowling much and isn't threatening when he does bowl. If Starc isn't fit enough for 5 days then Siddle is the obvious choice.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:39 am

To be honest, I don't think it will make much difference who the Aussies bring in....either way, it'll be a step backwards for them.

I can see us ensuring that most of the 4 remaining pitches are like the one in this test, flat, slowish, not a lot in it for the bowlers, as I think we're on par, if not slightly better in the batting department.

If the pitches do stay as they are, I think we've got a significantly better seaming attack than Australia. I think Lyon may end up being their danger man, just as Moheen has for us when wickets need taking a vital times.

We know Bell always digs out a century or two when needed, even when he's not in the absolute best of form - and his hands are excellent in the field, so can't see him being dropped .

Lyth and Ballance - I agree, probably 1st test nerves as they seemed to play within themselves, but we've seen what Ballance can do when he plays himself in.

I think as with most games, if you get that bit of luck that goes your way, and we did when Root was dropped on 0 in the first innings, then there's no reason for us not to be competitive and go on and win this series 2-1/3-1.....

I like the way Cook doesn't let Broad and Anderson dominate the overs - he uses them in quick bursts and then changes them around.
We've now got Stokes who was very disciplined with his bowling and can score quick runs and Wood who swings the ball like Anderson of old....supplemented by Ali who's always unpredictable.

We also have batsmen and a philosophy, that can take the game away from the opposition very quickly - Root, Stokes, Ali, Butler, Ballanace (when in)....even Bell.

Score heavily and score quickly, and before they know, we've amassed 300+ for 3/4 wickets. That puts a lot of pressure on their bowlers and field placements.

This philosophy will probably lead us to losing a test, but it's far better to watch than prod, prod, prod, letting their bowlers dominate.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:32 am

The defensive mindset of old just doesn't cut it especially when you have half decent, quick-scoring batsmen. Just hang around and you'll get out without making much impact on the scoreboard. You can't just wait for the bad balls.

What I don't like, and Michael Holding agrees with me, is the reverse sweep when there isn't much value in the shot. If you want to take risks, and you are as big and strong as Stokes and Buttler, hit the ball down the ground. Use your power to smash it rather than take too big a risk with this dodgy shot.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:36 am

Michael Holding agrees with me.............

How do you know Michael Holding? When were you chatting about the reverse sweep shot? affraid
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:39 am

blueboy wrote:Michael Holding agrees with me.............

How do you know Michael Holding? When were you chatting about the reverse sweep shot? affraid

Laughing Well dawg,answer the bindipper
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:11 pm

I used to know quite a few cricketers bindipperblueboy. My old man used to play in the CLL against many stars such as Sir Garfield Sobers. When we were kids, he would introduce us to people that we didn't realise were stars of the game.

Anyway, Holding said as much about the reverse sweep on SKY saying the players should really be hitting it down the ground. They are far too good to be getting out reverse sweeping.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:20 pm

Paulpowersleftfoot wrote:
blueboy wrote:Michael Holding agrees with me.............

Laughing Well dawg,answer the bindipper

Razz
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:52 pm

Mitchell Marsh is a very useful player for the Aussies so to Shaun Marsh, both are talented & can score quickly I wouldn't dismiss them lightly, very good alternative to Watson or voges. Mitch on the back of 2 successive centuries.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down