Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Team for Charity Shield same as yesterdays? EmptyYesterday at 11:22 am by TMG

» Pep’s at it again
Team for Charity Shield same as yesterdays? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Team for Charity Shield same as yesterdays? EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Team for Charity Shield same as yesterdays? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Team for Charity Shield same as yesterdays? EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Team for Charity Shield same as yesterdays? EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Team for Charity Shield same as yesterdays? EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Team for Charity Shield same as yesterdays? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Team for Charity Shield same as yesterdays? EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Team for Charity Shield same as yesterdays? EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Team for Charity Shield same as yesterdays?

4 posters

Go down

Team for Charity Shield same as yesterdays? Empty Team for Charity Shield same as yesterdays?

Post by gratedbean Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:11 pm

Team yesterday lined up something like this:

-------------------- Hart ------------------

Richards --- Kompany --- Lescott --- Kolarov

--- De Jong -------- Yaya ---------Milner ---

Balotelli ------------ Dzeko ------------ Silva

With; Taylor, Johnson, Boyata, Barry, Wright-Phillips, Suarez and Rekik all on the bench.

So my question is, would you be happy if this was the team and subs called up to play against the rags next week?

Yesterday, in my opinion, Kolarov didn't look half bad (please say it's not just me, or I must be going mad!). This was by no means a poor Inter side, but they were not at their full strength, and this may have something to do with Kolarov having a better game. Against the poorer PL sides he was ok last season, but against the better sides, he was like a fish out of water, and if it's Nani he is up against next week I will be concerned. However, I suppose it depends whether or not Clichy recovers from his knock too see what the LB situation will be.

I'd also stick Barry on, and bring Yaya into that advanced role. He was too deep yesterday, where he probably serves as a pretty average DM. In the advanced role he excels, and I think he could get a lot of joy if he can bomb through the centre of United's (IMO poor) central midfield. If he is played deep again and goes on a run, it will take him forever to get back into position and we will be stretched.

Final concern is Dzeko. He looked a lot sharper yesterday than he ever has in a blue shirt, but he was completely woeful when played up front against United and Chelsea respectively last season, and I just don't see him as the man to do the business against Vidic and Ferdinand (I assume those two will start?). Either way, would it be worth taking the gamble and playing Aguero? It could completely flop and cause an endless amount of Fernando Torres-esque jibes, but then again, it could pay off and make him a demi-god from day one. All depends whether or not you are a believer in that old quote from Only Fools and Horses; "He who dares wins Rodders".

Interested to hear your opinions, and any views from anyone who watched the match yesterday (David Silva was quite simply shit hot).

Last edited by gratedbean on Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Team for Charity Shield same as yesterdays? Empty Re: Team for Charity Shield same as yesterdays?

Post by leopold Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:16 pm

I'd be inclined to play Aguero. I know there's all that nonsense about flops, but I hardly think one game will make him into one. I'd put him on and let the rags know we mean business.

I want us to win the game, just to get us off on the right foot. We've won all our pre season games, so why not kick off the season on the same note?

Aguero and Balo up front, Silva is a definite too. And I'd be tempted to keep Shauny on too, he's been looking good.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Team for Charity Shield same as yesterdays? Empty Re: Team for Charity Shield same as yesterdays?

Post by gratedbean Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:25 pm

I agree, but if we played Aguero and he had a stinker I'd probably be inclined not to go on ja606 for the next couple of weeks! To be honest, I'd play him. Over recent years when we have played well against United, and the goals we have scored, it has usually been down to pace, Bellamy, Tevez, SWP etc. I think Ferdinand has always had a problem against quick players, and if you want speed, apparently Aguero is your man. I'd be tempted to play him, with Balotelli and Silva on either side, Yaya just behind him, and De Jong & Barry covering the defence. SWP knows how to play the rags better than any, and he's had as good a preseason as any, so I agree he should be given a role in there somewhere.
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:34 pm

Kolarov played very well yesterday - I mentioned it in a previous post.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:38 pm

Not just me then! There was something different about his attacking play, don't know if Mancini has been working on some training ground routines with him, or whether the arrival of Clichy is spurring him on, but he created a fair share of our chances yesterday.
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:48 pm

His crosses from corners were so much better and he definitely won the ball more times than previously. Maybe he just needed some time to fit in. Hope he keeps it up. Edin also looked much better (apart from a couple of slips) Smile
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by lee1pen Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:43 pm

In the post match interview Mancini said that Aguero will start on the bench. The way Lescott is playing though will Kolo have a place when he returns?
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:11 pm

Ahh right I've not seen that interview Lee. Seems like the more cautious approch that I would expect from Mancini, although it's probably the right one.

Reckon the starting eleven will probably line up as they did yesterday then, unless Barry is included in the place of Milner perhaps?

If Dzeko isn't having a great game, or things aren't working from an attacking perspective, I'm sure Aguero will be brought on to replace him. But like I said above, Dzeko looked a lot sharper yesterday, and knowing he could be replaced at some point in the match by Aguero, hopefully he will put a shift in.

When Kolo returns I don't think he will automatically get his place back no, it would send out the wrong message as much as the fact that I don't think his head and shoulders above Lescott quality wise any more either. Reckon the two of them, or one + Savic will probably be our starting CBs in the early cup stages.
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down