Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 20 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 19 Guests

atlblue

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
SWP - Should he stay or should he go? EmptyToday at 8:38 pm by atlblue

» Pep’s at it again
SWP - Should he stay or should he go? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
SWP - Should he stay or should he go? EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
SWP - Should he stay or should he go? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
SWP - Should he stay or should he go? EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
SWP - Should he stay or should he go? EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
SWP - Should he stay or should he go? EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
SWP - Should he stay or should he go? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
SWP - Should he stay or should he go? EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
SWP - Should he stay or should he go? EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

Top posting users this month
atlblue
SWP - Should he stay or should he go? Vote_lcapSWP - Should he stay or should he go? Voting_barSWP - Should he stay or should he go? Vote_rcap 
Topdawg
SWP - Should he stay or should he go? Vote_lcapSWP - Should he stay or should he go? Voting_barSWP - Should he stay or should he go? Vote_rcap 

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

SWP - Should he stay or should he go?

+8
leopold
BoyWithTheArabsCash
Wensdi
BlueJay
Topdawg
Boris
AMillionDifferentPeople
blueboy
12 posters

Go down

SWP - Should he stay or should he go? Empty SWP - Should he stay or should he go?

Post by blueboy Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:29 pm

What's everyone's thoughts on SWP getting another year at City?

He looks back to something like his best in the pre-season friendlies.

Personally, i'd give him another season - after which, we could sell him on at a decent price - and he does get goals when he plays.

If he couldn't get 15-20 games this season in the PL, FA & League Cups - then sell him. But i reckon he could do a job on all 3 fronts, and at least some cover if Silva or AJ get knocks.

Come on Bobby - keep him.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

SWP - Should he stay or should he go? Empty Re: SWP - Should he stay or should he go?

Post by AMillionDifferentPeople Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:48 pm

If he wants to stay then he will be very welcome in the squad, he loves this club and the fans love him. He knows what the club is about, he was here through the shit and he should stay for the good, he's still got a role to play, but will he think bench warming and 15 games is enough to stay?
AMillionDifferentPeople
AMillionDifferentPeople
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

SWP - Should he stay or should he go? Empty Re: SWP - Should he stay or should he go?

Post by Boris Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:05 pm

Stay. Last season we only actually had a squad of 22 instead of 25 and Shauny will never lets us down.
Boris
Boris
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

http://www.pickaweb.co.uk/billing/aff.php?aff=388

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:17 pm

we won't have a squad of 25 this year either. we have a few U21s who don't count in that 25 (Savic, Balotelli, Guidetti, Boyata) so I'd keep SWP.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueJay Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:38 pm

Keep him, hes still got a lot to offer, and counts towards the homegrown quota, and We dont have an abundance of wingers either.

BlueJay
Not Really Here
Not Really Here

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:05 pm

Keep him -
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:29 pm

Can't say how pleased i am to hear that the majority want him to stay...he is a City legend.....and deserves another chance.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyWithTheArabsCash Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:33 pm

He has already said he is more than happy to see out the rest of career with us. He probably knows he isn't going to be first choice, but with the amount of games these days and as an impact sub late on, i'd definately keep him. Also he seems a really popular member of the squad and keeping him around will be good for moral.
BoyWithTheArabsCash
BoyWithTheArabsCash
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:38 pm

Keep him. Just because he's one of us.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:11 pm

I want him to stay and I want him to be given more of a chance, he seems to have quite a good understanding with Balotelli.
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:09 am

stories still abound about a move to bolton.

mancini won't fill his 25 man squad again so i don't see any harm in keep sweep.

anyone wanting him should really have done their business by now.

the closer we are to the end of the transfer window, the more likely i feel that he will stay.

bolton's injury list might push this transfer through though.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 am

Definite stay from me, he's shown more than anyone in preseason that he's on form, full of desire, confident, showing great touch as well as scoring the goal of the preseason (so far... come on SWP or Aguero, top that in the Charity shield!!!)

He'll hit the ground running this season, so if Mancini has any sense he'll give Shauny some serious game time from the bench as a replacement for Aguero or AJ in the 2nd half, I think he can play a striker role if need be as well, there will be no one who gets a bigger cheer when he hits the turf at Wembley or Eastlands in the coming weeks, that says something.
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:18 am

Give him til Xmas at least. He's played well in all the games I have seen him come on as sub in recent months & he looked good in the friendlies (not that that means much)

Maybe we could try something radical & play the left footed AJ on the left wing & Sweep on the right !
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:58 pm

Gripper has given permission for him to talk to Wiggin, Bolton and Sunderland FFS. Not in his plans apparently. FFS
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:18 pm

I don't think it sends out the right message, given the pre season he has had, for Mancini to just ship him out.

For me, Milner is not a winger, I know we don't usually play with out and out wingers, but that leaves Johnson and Weiss if Sweep goes.

Save Sweep!
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:49 pm

"If he wants to stay, I am happy for him to stay"........Roberto Mancini in his pre-Charity Shield press conference.

Simple then - down to SWP. If starting 10-15 games this season will be enough, 3 Cup competitions and the PL...., then I for one hope he stays. Let's face it - he isn't going to get back in the England squad and nobody is going to match his salary, or offer him a medal winning opportunity. He is loaded, at a club he loves......why else wouldn't you stay? A £1m signing on fee at best, but get that back in a season's wages with us - or next year?

Come on SWP - the manager wants you to stay, AND SO DO WE!
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by lee1pen Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:20 pm

lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:11 am

MCFC Website - Interview pre- CS.....asked if he wants SWP to stay, he says "yes, I am happy for him to stay, but it's up to Shaun".
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down