Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Tuesday Gossip EmptyToday at 2:40 am by skyblueoz

» So, it's another last day shoot out.
Tuesday Gossip EmptyYesterday at 5:36 pm by Topdawg

» Today's game
Tuesday Gossip EmptyThu May 16, 2024 1:25 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Tuesday Gossip EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Tuesday Gossip EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Tuesday Gossip EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Tuesday Gossip EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Tuesday Gossip EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Tuesday Gossip EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Tuesday Gossip EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Tuesday Gossip

5 posters

Go down

Tuesday Gossip Empty Tuesday Gossip

Post by lee1pen Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:00 am

Only two main themes in this morning’s media round-up worth concentrating on – Samir Nasri and Carlos Tevez.

The Press have ratcheted up the Nasri story a couple of notches with a plethora of reports suggesting Arsenal are ready to do business with the Blues.

The Gunners’ capture of Southampton prodigy Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain seems to have lit the blue touch paper with journalists believing Arsene Wenger wanted a like-for-like before he allows Nasri to leave.

Typical of the majority of stories, Phil Thomas writes in The Sun: “Nasri, 24, has ignored interest from Manchester United – who are thought to have matched City’s wage offer of £125,000 a week – as his heart is set on joining Roberto Mancini’s outfit.”

There are at least six similar stories on Nasri with minor variations of The Sun’s report in today’s papers, though most indicate activity between the two clubs may be imminent.

Elsewhere, Ian Herbert in The Independent focuses on the return of Carlos Tevez and again, he follows a similar line of several other papers by suggesting the Argentine will be replaced as skipper following a summer of transfer speculation and various statements associated with the player.

Herbert writes: “Roberto Mancini is considering stripping Carlos Tevez of the Manchester City captaincy, despite the player’s return to the club in line with the pre-agreed schedule yesterday.

“Tevez arrived at Carrington wearing a hoodie bearing his own name and squad number and looked in good spirits as he began training. But Mancini was non-committal about whether the Argentine would be re-instated for a second season as captain when asked during City’s pre-season tour.”

With the clock ticking rapidly towards the Premier League season start this weekend, there is every chance both these stories will progress one way or the other in the next few days.
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Tuesday Gossip Empty Re: Tuesday Gossip

Post by shakencity Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:27 am

How could someone who's so intent on leaving be kept as club captain?

He should be lucky to get a game nevermind have responsibility bestowed upon them.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by AMillionDifferentPeople Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:49 am

If its a choice between 1.Dzeko and Madio or 2.Tevez and Aguero, i'd pick option 2 every time Den, if we are paying him we should play him, once he gets disinterested then fuck him off to the reseves, he will be playing for a move aswell so wont be holding back, lets get what we can before he fucks off. I agree he should'nt get anywhere near the armband though.
AMillionDifferentPeople
AMillionDifferentPeople
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:00 am

I'm not saying don't play him Si, like you say, him and Aguero have the potential to be a great partnership. I'm just saying he should be thankful as much as anything "to play".
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by AMillionDifferentPeople Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:14 am

he should be thankfull Den, but as he seems to thinks he is above everyone else at the club i would'nt hold my breath for a bit of respect from the arrogant twat.
AMillionDifferentPeople
AMillionDifferentPeople
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:28 am

It would be very wrong to let Tevez remain as captain

I agree with playing the cunt because that would be best for the club not because of what is best for him
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:17 pm

I agree with playing Tevez as well. If only because he's the only striker we have who we know will score goals. Yes, yes, I know Aguero has a reputation. But so did Dzeko. So did Shevchenko. So did Forlan. I want to see him in action before I think we're safe.

Kompany for captain. Partly because I believe the best person positionally to be captain is a centre back, but mainly because he's earned the right.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down