Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Soton v City - Live Thread - Page 2 EmptyToday at 2:40 am by skyblueoz

» So, it's another last day shoot out.
Soton v City - Live Thread - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 5:36 pm by Topdawg

» Today's game
Soton v City - Live Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu May 16, 2024 1:25 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Soton v City - Live Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Soton v City - Live Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Soton v City - Live Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Soton v City - Live Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Soton v City - Live Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Soton v City - Live Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Soton v City - Live Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Soton v City - Live Thread

+4
TMG
Nijinsky
leopold
blueboy
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Soton v City - Live Thread - Page 2 Empty Soton v City - Live Thread

Post by blueboy Sun May 01, 2016 11:54 am

First topic message reminder :

So, we'll know by the time we KO if the rags are closer to us, however, with Arsenal scraping a 1-0 win yesterday, the pressure is on to jump back into 3rd today with a win.

With Silva and TLMLF injured, personally, I'd be playing close to our strongest 11 with just a few changes. Top 4 is crucial and the semi will take care of itself.

Hart
Sagna, Vinny, Mangala, Clichy
Fernandinho, Delph
Sterling, KDB, Nasri
Aguero
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Soton v City - Live Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Soton v City - Live Thread

Post by blueboy Sun May 01, 2016 8:19 pm

Wensdi wrote:The trouble with putting all your eggs in the CL basket is then losing the damn game and heading into a crucial game with the Arse - with confidence at a low and no ambition to win.  God - why doesn't he play his best team and rest a couple in the second half?  No colourful language thanks just a good answer.

OK....he's a cockwomble. Is that a decent enough explanation?

blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Sun May 01, 2016 10:15 pm

I guess Liverpool did the same with one eye on their game this week.  They aren't in the race for top 3 though.  We also did it against the Chavs in the FA Cup - which really we could possibly have won - after beating them at their place recently.  Really stumped as to his reasoning on all fronts.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon May 02, 2016 8:28 am

I suspect his reasoning is this:

"I'm fired now, so I'll win the CL to show how great I am and leave this supposed superstar manager with his first season in the Europa. Or worse."
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Mon May 02, 2016 9:55 am

I couldn't get my head round some of the performances yesterday
Kolorov being a bone idle prick is to be expected as is a sweat free 90 mins from the ivory coasts second laziest twat
But sterling and Delph should've been busting a gut to get into that Champions league side and putting a claim in for a starting spot,bearing in mind the £48million sterling is being kept out by the worst winger I've ever seen in a city shirt and I include buster Phillips in that and Delph has Fernando to get past,a man who's lack of ability with a football is simply staggering
I left when the 4th went in so didn't even see nachos 2nd,a dreadful day topped off with the A34 being shut
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon May 02, 2016 10:15 am

I think somebody else summed it up on Bluemoonrisingtv, who said after the game, "five and half hours to get down to this shithole and the players put in that effort?...and it'll probably take us six and hours to get home"...

The players should take a long hard look at themselves...however, from the moment that team came out at 15:30, I knew just what to expect. 4-4-2 away from home isn't necessarily a bad idea, as long as you've got players playing with energy and tactically, all do their duties.

The amount of times Kolorov got caught up the pitch or not tracking Mane was unbelievable. Mangala had to consistently try and cover Kolorov. From the first minute when Mane cut inside, to Long getting space behind him, Pellegrini should have made a tactical switch...as it happened, we were 2 down within a few minutes...yet nothing changed.

Otamendi, and I've said it time and time again - has no positional sense or awareness....how many times have we seen a striker nip in front of him to score, because all he does it wait and wait - then try to react. He's fucking woeful and he'd be gone for me in the summer, replaced by Stones/Laporte.

Hart once again gets beat at his near post - but that's being harsh after his recent performances (but it is a definite weakness).

Bony Idle? Jesus, nothing more to say about him. I've tried to defend him when he wasn't getting a run of games, but FFS, I doubt he'd offer anything above 60% effort if he lost 3 stone and was giving 38 games on the trot next season. Wonder who he basis his game on?

The only bright spark was Kelechi. Great to hear him after the game when asked "you must be pleased with your 2 goals?"....and he said "yeah, two good goals but they mean nothing as we played poor and lost".

As for the Manager - MDM? What are you thinking? Shocked
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 02, 2016 12:23 pm

We've a possible 3 more games with this Bellend,  amazingly one could be a CL Final, but I've never been more pleased to see the back of a manager since Alan Ball or Psycho Pearce and his fluffy horse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2