Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 14 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 14 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Friday gossip EmptyToday at 1:49 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Friday gossip EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Friday gossip EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Friday gossip EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Friday gossip EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Friday gossip EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Friday gossip EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Friday gossip EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Friday gossip EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Friday gossip EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Friday gossip

+3
Topdawg
shakencity
lee1pen
7 posters

Go down

Friday gossip Empty Friday gossip

Post by lee1pen Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:06 am

With less than two weeks to go until the transfer window officially "slams shut", it is said that City are having a change of heart over whether to sell or loan players out.
The Express' Richard Tanner gives a comprehensive round-up that covers five City players, with the club now willing to loan out rather than permanently offload.

"Manager Roberto Mancini made it clear many months ago that Emmanuel Adebayor, Craig Bellamy, Roque Santa Cruz, Wayne Bridge and Nedum Onuoha – all signed by his predecessor Mark Hughes (actually Nedum came through our Academy – WTMS Ed.) – did not figure in his plans.

"All five were loaned out last season but they have been back on City’s payroll over the summer and despite Mancini’s cold-shoulder treatment – he left them behind when the club went on a pre-season tour to the US and has forced them to train with the kids – they are still there.

"City have trimmed their squad and wage bill this summer by selling Shay Given, Jerome Boateng, Jo, Felipe Caicedo and loaning Michael Johnson to Leicester for the season. But Mancini wants the group christened the “frozen-out five” moved on – and quick.

"Initially, City’s policy was not to loan them again and instead try to negotiate permanent transfers, with former Blackburn chief executive John Williams recruited specially to find them new clubs."

Over at the Mail, we're told that Roberto Mancini has been told that Samir Nasri would have to be his last buy of the summer - if it were to come to fruition, of course.

"Roberto Mancini's hopes of signing Uruguay centre-back Sebastian Coates before the end of the transfer window have been dashed after he was told spending will end with a £25million deal for Arsenal’s Samir Nasri."

Looking further ahead, and City's squad will be scattered far & wide once the first three Premier league games are over for a swathe of international games. None more so than Sergio Aguero & Pablo Zabaleta, who are in the Argentinean squad to play Venezuela in Kolkata and Nigeria in Dhaka. But there's no place for Carlos Tevez, as discussed at "Hasta El Gol Siempre" - "More fútbol argentino than you can shake a mullet at", it says here...
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Friday gossip Empty Re: Friday gossip

Post by shakencity Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:28 am

Apparently Aguero's only playing against Nigeria (acording to GMR this morning). Does Tevez want to get fit for his City return?Laughing

Why are these games being held in India and Bangledesh, seem to be strange venues?
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:33 am

must be money related.

these countries want top class footy and are prepared to pay millions for it.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by lee1pen Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:35 am

The good thing about them playing on the indian sub continent is that jet lag coming east to west is a hell of a lot less than going the other way.
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Boris Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:00 pm

Absolute farce, I'm not happy that Kun and Zab may get injured playing a money spinning friendly in Calcutta when the season's hardly even started.
Boris
Boris
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

http://www.pickaweb.co.uk/billing/aff.php?aff=388

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:28 pm

Thats ok boris, we still have tevez and he won't be playing for the national side for whatever reason!

lee1, in that list there is no mention of sweep! I think he will go...

Back to top Go down

Post by lee1pen Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:10 pm

PG its the clubs list and remember that Mancini took him to America as well as the dublin kickabout.

I think tbh Mancini summed it up when he said he would love Sweep to stay but realises that he might want to play week in week out and thats not going to happen. He's been fairly honest with him and said if he wants to find a club which would give him that he would quite happily let him go, that AJ is staying right were he is as an important part of the squad.

So basicly its all down to SWP, any offers that he wants to consider incuding staying but on the periphery of the first team.
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:19 pm

I can understand Berti freezing out Bellers, Ade and wanting Bridge and Roque to find a new home but I certainly don't know what Ned's done to deserve this.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by lee1pen Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:31 pm

Wensi , I think its inside politics tbh. As has been mentioned a couple of time his agent is Kia whatsisface and with the tevez dabacle and the fact that kia is also Hughes agent and WAS cooks agent that last bit is probably enough for the club to want to sever all connections once Tevez has gone.

Do I think Mancini has a say, yes I do but considering they have funded the players Mancini wants there is no room for Ned.

Oh and then there was this a year last June

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2010/05/16/1927204/manchester-citys-nedum-onuoha-launches-attack-on-roberto
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by lee1pen Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:31 pm

I think Ned nailed his colours to the wrong mast
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:42 pm

Yeah, I remeber... it was shocking coming from ned becasue I always thought he was a bright lad, he was said the right things... I think kia fucked him (encouraged him to say those things) to engineer a move and make money out of him... kia knew clubs would be after him because of his quality...

Yeah after that I think Mancini had two options... 1-let ned manage the club 2-get rid!

Don't blame him for getting rid...

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:19 pm

It wasn't long ago that Ned was above Micah in the defensive pecking order, now look at Micah go, Micah's really grown under Mancini and is knocking in some quality balls, as we saw on monday.
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:47 pm

Yes he is Beware the Moon - although it was Johnson's pass to Micah - and subsequently Micah's pass to Aguero (goal). Johnson is being maligned a little on here I think. He puts in a good shift just like Micah.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:31 pm

I don't think AJ is astill back to the sizzling form he was in before his injury, but he is getting there
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by lee1pen Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:53 pm

Wensdi, totally agree re Johnson he had a hand in 3 of the goals.
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:37 pm

I think AJ is doing just fine Lee. He is another one who always gives 100% - just like Milner - but for some reason they both come in for a lot of stick. Another one is Barry. I think Barry is always solid (makes a few bloopers) but who doesn't? He certainly made some great passes to Shaunie in pre-season and gives 100%.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by lee1pen Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:43 pm

I think Milner and Barry will be used in the "English" matches by which I mean the Bolton, Wigin and Fulham were grinding out a result is going to be more important than having a chess match with Wenger and SAF.

Johnson will get his chances to start, well he did against Swansea, and also as a super sub. Mancini made it quite clear that he rates him and wont let him go.

Did you see the link I posted with Ned, think thats why he's on his way. I do remember that instead of going to the press Micah actually went to his office and had a chat with Mancini about were he saw his career going. Since then its done nothing but develop. I think if players actually see mancini and talk to him instead of seeing their proverbial arses then he's quite willing to help them. If however they go running to the press before doing this then I think the door only open 1 way. Which is why after this summer and for all the talk about an Argentinian attack that Tevez will go when Mancini wants him out.
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:38 pm

I did see the link, thanks Lee. I was aware of the outburst by Ned but Tevez has certainly had several "outbursts" with the press and Mancini has bent over backwards to keep him.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashtonianblue Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:34 pm

I know we'd all like to think it's about football but it isn't, it's about business, politics and pragmatism. I believe when RM arrived he spotted the poison that is kiora jizzbum and has steadily moved towards getting rid of it. He didn't have any options over Tevez, until he acquired a similar talent, and thus pandered to the crap. We now have that replacement and it will be interesting to see how RM deals with Tevez from this point on.

I expect Tevez will shaft himself by being too greedy in his playing style in order to make a point and by Jan we will be cheering his departure.

However I will never diss a player whilst they are playing in the beloved blue shirt and will reserve my abuse until the match is over.

Ashtonianblue
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:39 pm

I've been wondering too how Tevez will react to Aguero getting all this attention. It's a big challenge to his ego. Hope
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down