Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

shakencity

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
City v Bournemouth - Live Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyToday at 11:34 am by skyblueoz

» So, it's another last day shoot out.
City v Bournemouth - Live Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyToday at 10:57 am by skyblueoz

» Today's game
City v Bournemouth - Live Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 1:25 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
City v Bournemouth - Live Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
City v Bournemouth - Live Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
City v Bournemouth - Live Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
City v Bournemouth - Live Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
City v Bournemouth - Live Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
City v Bournemouth - Live Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
City v Bournemouth - Live Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

City v Bournemouth - Live Match Thread

+4
leopold
titbumwilly
Topdawg
blueboy
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

City v Bournemouth - Live Match Thread - Page 2 Empty City v Bournemouth - Live Match Thread

Post by blueboy Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:23 am

First topic message reminder :

Let's see if we can go 8 wins on the trot...to brake the record.

Silva and Vinny both out, Gundogan having a late fitness test, Fernando out injured...

KO: 15:00.
Streams: http://www.footballstreamings.com/live-streams/2072/Manchester-City-v-Bournemouth.html
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

City v Bournemouth - Live Match Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: City v Bournemouth - Live Match Thread

Post by Guest Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:50 pm

Woo Hoo CCS, Damn we are looking mighty fine!

Back to top Go down

City v Bournemouth - Live Match Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: City v Bournemouth - Live Match Thread

Post by TMG Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:52 pm

Totally stupid by Nolito
Pointless and deserved
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:55 pm

As much as I'd say the Bournemouth player initiated it...why react? I was surprised he didn't roll around the floor after the initial contact - being Spanish!

Stupid and deserved the red card.

Oh well, guess Pep will say to him "you'll have to fight for your place now, as we have plenty of players wanting your position"

Sterling anyone?  Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:56 pm

Imagine if Sterling had scored that goal??? It was Messi-esque and would have been hard to beat for goal of the season!!

Well done Raheem, another top class performance, even though some still doubt you!! Wink
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:16 pm

Top class performance from all but Itchy KdB & Sterling were fantastic
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:37 pm

Agree TMG....but I can't forgive the likes of you and 'some' others having Zlatan in their FF team...disgraceful. Razz Razz Razz
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:19 pm

I've only got him in cos Serge is out and I didn't know Itchy would be getting so much action. I hate having rags in my team.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:25 pm

Then remove them!!!! Evil or Very Mad

I should have made that a golden rule at the start - NO RAGS in your teams!!!
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:26 pm

I thought we'd sort of had this argument last season....having rags in your team. scratch
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:41 pm

But last season you couldn't rely on any Utd player except DDG.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:49 pm

blueboy wrote:Then remove them!!!! Evil or Very Mad

I should have made that a golden rule at the start - NO RAGS in your teams!!!
Never had a rag in my team
Absolutely loathe the fuckers
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:57 pm

Guess some don't listen Rich. Rolling Eyes
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:00 pm

As for Raheem:

Overall, Sterling has now had a hand in eight goals in his seven appearances for Manchester City this season, scoring three and assisting five.

Suck it up haters.... Wink
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:06 pm

Pep's attention to detail by Kelechi:

Kelechi Iheanacho believes City’s 4-0 win against AFC Bournemouth was the product of a great team performance from Pep Guardiola’s side.
He said: “It was a great performance from the team today. We did really well in both the first and second half.

“Unfortunately, we had a red card in the final few minutes but, overall, we did well.”

Kevin De Bruyne opened the scoring at the Etihad Stadium with a low free kick that snuck under the wall and Kelechi revealed that the pre-match information assisted with the opener.

Iheancho commented: “I think in the meeting we got told that the wall would jump when it was a free kick close to the goal.

“Kevin took that into the game and put it in. It was a brilliant free kick from him.”

The Nigerian international notched his third goal in three games against Eddie Howe’s side but the City youngster remains humble and says he will take his opportunity each game he features in.

“I’m feeling great at the moment,” he stated. “It’s been a great performance in those three games, I think I’m improving.

“I’ll keep working hard every day and every game and if I get my opportunity, I’ll take it.”

Pep Guardiola’s side now face back-to-back games against Swansea City in the EFL Cup and Premier League and Kelechi noted that the Blues will take each game as it comes rather than looking too far ahead.

He remarked: “We’ve won this game so we’ll put this behind us before focusing on Swansea.

“We are happy we’ve got the win and it’s now time to concentrate on the games in front of us.”

The three points against AFC Bournemouth saw City’s 100% record in all competitions continue and the 19-year old feels ‘invincible’ after the superb start to the season.

“I’m feeling invincible,” he said. “We’ve got a 100% record and I’m happy with our performance, the team, the management, the coach and everyone.

“We’re really working hard and we’ll get there.”
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:23 pm

I'm guessing that in those 7 games, we've scored about 25 goals. You'd be disappointed if one of your attackers didn't have a hand in about 35%-40% of those goals. Aguero has scored 9 on his own. Nolito has scored a few and assisted a few. Same for KdB and Itchy.

No big deal...
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:43 pm

A 'haters' reply.... Rolling Eyes
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:50 pm

My first rag in about 6 seasons. I won't make him captain though, lol but big nose is staying.

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:03 pm

I don't hate Raheem Bluey. You're always on the defensive regarding him.

If Yaya played a few good games in this team, scored a few goals and set up a few, would you be all in the man love for him?

Last season, Sterling faded away. He should have been a major force for us and, MP's crappy tactics and lack of motivation apart, he was still underwhelming.

A few good performances in a team that is playing well and wasting other teams isn't going to change that opinion.

I'm sure Den would agree Wink
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:19 pm

Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:47 pm

Topdawg wrote:I don't hate Raheem Bluey. You're always on the defensive regarding him.

If Yaya played a few good games in this team, scored a few goals and set up a few, would you be all in the man love for him?

Last season, Sterling faded away. He should have been a major force for us and, MP's crappy tactics and lack of motivation apart, he was still underwhelming.

A few good performances in a team that is playing well and wasting other teams isn't going to change that opinion.

I'm sure Den would agree Wink

Are you taking the piss with that comment?????

For the past 2 years, when others have fawned over him, I've said he should be gone!!

I'd be disgusted if Pep ever let him wear our shirt again!!! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:09 pm

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:10 pm

"We're the Harlem Globetrotters"   Razz Razz Razz Razz
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:12 pm

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:24 pm

For the haters..... Razz Razz Razz Razz

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:41 am

Come on Dawg how the hell can you write off someone who has their whole career ahead of them over a seasoned professional like Toure. A player who has totally underwhelmed since pels first season!!!!! I'm sorry but with Toure's experience there is no excuse. Sterling is a talent & pep is the perfect person to bring it to the fore, The team playing well is partly down to Sterling's improved contribution as well. Pep appears to be giving Sterling the confidence to do the things he is good at & not encourage him to go backwards & sideways and a maximum of 2 touches as pel did.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:51 am

What I'm saying Oz is that it's only been a few games at the start of the season (and some of the opposition has been as poor as we've been very good).

There's so much noise about Sterling now after just a few games. I asked if Yaya got a look in and scored a few goals and contributed a few assists, would people drool over his contribution too?

I want Sterling to succeed. I want him to show us the talent that was on more consistent display for the dippers two seasons back.

Until he shows more consistency (maybe another excellent 8-10 games) then I'll withhold my judgement.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:53 am

And I'll give him his dues. He'd be in my starting XI at the moment above the likes of Sane (finding his feet), Navas (who I'd have had above Sterling at the end of last season!), Nolito and a few others.

He's showing good form.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:16 am

Omg, Sterling had a good game yesterday and i'll happily admit it.....but then again so did everyone else and Kolorov was arguably MOTM apparently Shocked .

Sterling did well against them last season too bagging a hat-trick, but was pretty much non existent in every other game....maybe it's just a Bournemouth thing Razz
That said, if he continues in the same vein for the rest of the season i'm more than happy to pay the respect he'll deserve.....time will tell.

Oh and I wont mention his open goal from 2yrds out that he did his best to miss....that really would have made my blood boil Embarassed .
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:17 am

Topdawg wrote:What I'm saying Oz is that it's only been a few games at the start of the season (and some of the opposition has been as poor as we've been very good).

There's so much noise about Sterling now after just a few games. I asked if Yaya got a look in and scored a few goals and contributed a few assists, would people drool over his contribution too?

I want Sterling to succeed. I want him to show us the talent that was on more consistent display for the dippers two seasons back.

Until he shows more consistency (maybe another excellent 8-10 games) then I'll withhold my judgement.

So what your saying is that a player will have to play 15 excellent games on the bounce, to show his consistency? I'm not sure even KDB will be able to reach your standards of assessment Dawg.
There's a lot of noise about KDB...does he not deserve it because he hasn't played 15 excellent games yet?

As for TLMLF....all we saw last season was 15 shit games on the bounce...yet he kept being picked. Not sure we'll see him anyway, as he wasn't even included in the squad photo. Razz

I'm not saying Sterling will be player of the year, and I'm sure, a la KDB, Silva and Aguero, he'll have a poor game or two, but I'll guarantee you, those poor games will be few and far between for all of the squad...because they won't get back into the team otherwise.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:23 am

Come on bluey, you are just being silly now. No-one, not even Messi or Pele, would have 15 excellent games on the bounce. I'm not asking for that. But I want his contribution to be up there with our best players on a more regular basis.

On a par with Aguero, Silva and, even, KdB. I want him scoring more goals when he has a great chance.

I'm giving him his dues when he plays well. But some didn't want us to criticise him for going missing too often last season Rolling Eyes
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:23 am

shakencity wrote:Omg, Sterling had a good game yesterday and i'll happily admit it.....but then again so did everyone else and Kolorov was arguably MOTM apparently Shocked .

Sterling did well against them last season too bagging a hat-trick, but was pretty much non existent in every other game....maybe it's just a Bournemouth thing Razz
That said, if he continues in the same vein for the rest of the season i'm more than happy to pay the respect he'll deserve.....time will tell.

Oh and I wont mention his open goal from 2yrds out that he did his best to miss....that really would have made my blood boil Embarassed .

Kolorov was excellent yesterday - could easily have been MOTM....

As for Sterling, I think gave a look of relief when it crawled over the line....however, his run from wide right into the box when he hit the post, was something incredible that not many players in the PL could do. Very Happy
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:26 am

Its been a joy to watch at times this season
Not seeing a bone idle fucker sat on his arse in the middle of the pitch being an added bonus
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:33 am

Topdawg wrote:Come on bluey, you are just being silly now. No-one, not even Messi or Pele, would have 15 excellent games on the bounce. I'm not asking for that. But I want his contribution to be up there with our best players on a more regular basis.

On a par with Aguero, Silva and, even, KdB. I want him scoring more goals when he has a great chance.

I'm giving him his dues when he plays well. But some didn't want us to criticise him for going missing too often last season Rolling Eyes

I was just replying to what 'you' posted:

If they're not on the bounce, how do we tot up what's excellent or not, until the end of the season? How many goals would you suggest he should be scoring? Remember, he's not a striker Dawg...I'm not arsed if he misses 3 chances per game, but he sets up 2 goals. Yes, I'm sure he's working on his finishing this season - but KDB's missed plenty of chances so far, but we don't get on his back over it - because he's not a striker.

Sterling started brilliantly last season - was excellent in Europe and was in the CL Group Team, so he did that against decent teams. At the same time Sterling's form dropped last season, so did KDB, Silva's - they were surrounded by the lazy one as well....I honestly think Sterling is helping KDB show his quality and I think the quick, forward passing is playing to Raheem's strengths, which we were all crying out for last season - it's no coincidence that the very season you want Raheem to replicate, was the same type of football we are playing now (possibly up another level).
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:49 am

Do I need to say 'on average'?

He's going to have some incredible games mixed with some not so good. But, on average, he needs to be excellent. 

So, on average, I want him to have another 8-10 excellent games including against better teams like Spuds and Everton (coming up soon) and I'd really like hm to get that monkey off his back that is Liverpool.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:50 am

Now, if he'd scored instead of hitting the post, we'd all be drooling over that Messi-esque run. He could have had a few more goals yesterday. One day, we'll need him to be more clinical. Even if he's not a striker.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:05 am

Sterling good start last year fizzled out when KDB joined and sort of snubbed him out. I don't think it takes rocket science to see what has changed this year. Pep is playing him on the right!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2