Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Does anyone honestly think Stones is good enough??? EmptyToday at 4:05 am by Wensdi

» Pep’s at it again
Does anyone honestly think Stones is good enough??? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Does anyone honestly think Stones is good enough??? EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Does anyone honestly think Stones is good enough??? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Does anyone honestly think Stones is good enough??? EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Does anyone honestly think Stones is good enough??? EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Does anyone honestly think Stones is good enough??? EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Does anyone honestly think Stones is good enough??? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Does anyone honestly think Stones is good enough??? EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Does anyone honestly think Stones is good enough??? EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Does anyone honestly think Stones is good enough???

+2
blueboy
Topdawg
6 posters

Go down

Does anyone honestly think Stones is good enough??? Empty Does anyone honestly think Stones is good enough???

Post by Topdawg Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:51 pm

Just cannot see it myself.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Does anyone honestly think Stones is good enough??? Empty Re: Does anyone honestly think Stones is good enough???

Post by blueboy Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:09 pm

Think you're wrong.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Does anyone honestly think Stones is good enough??? Empty Re: Does anyone honestly think Stones is good enough???

Post by blueboy Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:11 pm

Thought Ali, Dier and Oz were garbage. Phil Jones??
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonchester Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:14 pm

I thought every time we tried to float it out to the right wing I was falling asleep and France eventually started picking the balls up every time with ease
Moonchester
Moonchester
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:40 pm

Plenty of sub par performances. Dier and Ox were bad. I liked Alli though. Even though he tries too much at times, he still has that spark like how he won the penalty. He made some poor choices too but he has something about him.

If he'd been on the French team, people wouldn't have raved about him, but we might have accepted his mistakes as his good play made up for it. Maybe like Dembele.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:29 am

No he's not good enough for City or England. Said he was a waste of money when we signed him
If we buy another CB Stones will be 4th choice behind him, Vinny & Otamendi
We could have got Bonnuci for 15-20 million less !!
Having said that no1 played particularly well. Sterling made some good runs but his finishing as per normal was piss poor
The Ox and Dier were shocking. If they are England class then it's very worrying
I know it was only a friendly but Southgate seemed clueless. Our MF was getting overrun & his answer was to put Walker in left MF
France looked far better than us,more so when they went down to 10 men
Mandy didn't look that great before he went ioff injured
Mbappe looks like hel be a good signing.Hopefully not for Arsenal
Thought Pogba was superb
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:02 pm

Mbappe wouldn't go to Arsenal. Why would he? No CL and a team going backwards. Chelsea? Too defensive for him. Utd.? Boring and average.

The only place he should be going, if he comes to England, is City. I guess his preferred choice is Spain.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:02 pm

Talking of Spain, they were miles better than France in a friendly just a couple of months back.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:15 pm

See Arsenal look like signing Arda Turan from Barca.....very good player.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:09 pm

Most Barca/Real 'cast offs' won't be setting the PL alight. Except maybe Sanchez.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:28 pm

TLMLF? Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:29 pm

I can't abide international football these days, simply not interested, it's a waste of good premier league time.

Southgate as England manager makes it all the more reason not to pay any attention to them, what an absolute joke.  The man is so far out his depth it's shocking.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:42 pm

The Under20's did well though Oz Very Happy
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:50 pm

why is that directed at me wensdi. Just back of my hols 2 hrs ago finished unpacking & thought id catch up on the gossip.Stones will be good enough he is still moderately young & being taught a complete new style of defending. Expect him to get better & better.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:32 pm

He may well get better, but I don't think he'll be good enough for the top level. Which is where we are aiming
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:04 pm

I disagree...I think he will be top class. Just my opinion.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:23 pm

Bookmark???

How long will it take?
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:14 am

Sorry Oz - it was directed at Blistering's comment.  Must have been the two beers I had hearlier Very Happy
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:43 am

Better check the potency of the beers wensdi??? No need to apologize, I was just curious. Patience Dawg Patience. Seems we all want things yesterday. Agree Bluey he will become a great defender. A lot of young defenders show promise then go off the boil some don't reach their full potential which is a shame. Then not all are managed by a coach with such a style as Pep.

Ferguson Heralded Jones & smalling ????? Moany one doesn't rate them by all accounts.

I personally think Stones is a very accomplished defender just needs a few of the rough edges polished off.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:55 am

Like all young central defenders, they need a proven partner next to them. Stones playing alongside Otamendi, is definitely not that...add to that the full backs he was covering last season.

It's no coincidence that when Kompany came back and was paired with Otamendi, he made Otamendi look brilliant...yet Stones was injured and never got his place back.

Pique...was let go by United and was then partnered alongside Puyol and went on to be the best CB in world football.

Laporte, alongside Godin.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:44 am

Are you saying that kompany will cover up some of his mistakes? I think sometimes he lacks concentration
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonchester Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:55 am

no, that he will rub off and improve him..
Moonchester
Moonchester
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:16 pm

Yes Moon. Stones is hardly going to learn positional sense playing next to Otamendi! Laughing
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down