Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Slow wing backs! Why change a winning formula? EmptyYesterday at 6:51 am by Jwils2710

» Pep’s at it again
Slow wing backs! Why change a winning formula? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Slow wing backs! Why change a winning formula? EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Slow wing backs! Why change a winning formula? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Slow wing backs! Why change a winning formula? EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Slow wing backs! Why change a winning formula? EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Slow wing backs! Why change a winning formula? EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Slow wing backs! Why change a winning formula? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Slow wing backs! Why change a winning formula? EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Slow wing backs! Why change a winning formula? EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Slow wing backs! Why change a winning formula?

+2
Topdawg
Bewar3them00n
6 posters

Go down

Slow wing backs! Why change a winning formula? Empty Slow wing backs! Why change a winning formula?

Post by Bewar3them00n Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:22 pm

I was just about to say that Mancini has put 2 defensive, and slower wingback on Kolarov and Zab, which has restricted our forays on the wings that produced so many goals in the prem, fortunately Kolarov has redeemed his poor positional play for the Napoli goal, where he was sauntering back.
In my opinion Richards and Clichy are far better, more attacking and quicker.
I know we have to rotate our squad, but I think Mancini got it wrong.
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Slow wing backs! Why change a winning formula? Empty Re: Slow wing backs! Why change a winning formula?

Post by Topdawg Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:41 pm

i have to prefer clichy at left back and richards at right back too.

we really needed NDJ tonight.

i can't believe how many times we were carved open on the break.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Slow wing backs! Why change a winning formula? Empty Re: Slow wing backs! Why change a winning formula?

Post by Guest Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:59 pm

Dejong wouldn't have allowed then to counter, kolarov and Barry shouldn't have played.

Back to top Go down

Post by ONH Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:15 pm

you wasn't playing swansea or wigan tonight, bit more respect has to be shown.

You cant afford to lose you next game now (whoever that is?) or it will be really tough to get through this group.

ONH
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:20 pm

NDJ wouldn't have stopped everything but he'd have been there to give it a go.

we can't be defending 3 against 4 or 2 against 3. that is just asking for trouble.

i'd like bobby to pick his best team for every match, forget about this fucking rotation business.

if they are fit, play them.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyWithTheArabsCash Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:21 pm

Decent game, great atmosphere, Napoli fans are fucked up.

They set up to hit us on the break and so it was. They are a decent team, Cavanni is a right handful, i know we were interested in him and now i know why.

Too much tippy tappy around the box imo, we do over play it at times.

Thought Dzeko was great, Nasri not really there tonight and Silva faded. Overall, we should have won, but we have to be happy with the point and onwards and upwards.
BoyWithTheArabsCash
BoyWithTheArabsCash
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by ONH Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:25 pm

Topdawg wrote:NDJ wouldn't have stopped everything but he'd have been there to give it a go.

we can't be defending 3 against 4 or 2 against 3. that is just asking for trouble.

i'd like bobby to pick his best team for every match, forget about this fucking rotation business.

if they are fit, play them.

like United you will have to play nine games in just over three weeks, thats why you need a big squad.

ONH
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:32 pm

ONH, i prefer to play the best players as long as they are fit.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyWithTheArabsCash Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:36 pm

ONH, how did your lot do? I know they drew, but how was the match?
BoyWithTheArabsCash
BoyWithTheArabsCash
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:37 pm

BWTAC, how will he know - he was watching us!
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:37 pm

Typical rag behaviour by ONH, how can get more patronizing, ratface just because you're team has been winning for the past decade or so doesnt give you the right to behave superior, you are just a turd.

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyWithTheArabsCash Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:40 pm

Chatbox boys
BoyWithTheArabsCash
BoyWithTheArabsCash
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by ONH Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:48 pm

Personal Gsus wrote:Typical rag behaviour by ONH, how can get more patronizing, ratface just because you're team has been winning for the past decade or so doesnt give you the right to behave superior, you are just a turd.

you on drugs again What a Face

Benfica looked quite good & I'll settle very a point there, drawing away & winning at home in the group stages generally gets you through.

But what do I know being a rag TURD Razz

ONH
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:09 pm

get over yourself.... you were lucky to draw, we were unlucky not to win.

Back to top Go down

Post by ONH Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:12 pm

Personal Gsus wrote:get over yourself.... you were lucky to draw, we were unlucky not to win.

Rolling Eyes

ONH
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:56 pm

ONH
This was always going to be a tough group to get out of.Bayern have probably done us a favour winning at villareal.Napoli are by some distance the best organised side we've played this year and that includes the friendly against the swampdwellers
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by ONH Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:06 am

PaulPowersleftfoot

yep it is a tough group which has now got a lot tougher, you cant afford a defeat in Munich IMO.

This is where your big squad will get put to the test with Prem,league cup & Cl games one after the other coming up.

But its early days yet lads, long way to go.

ONH
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:47 am

I was going to post exactly the same as the OP.

Thought Zaba got forward - but didn't get back quick enough when things broke down. Kolorov was the same. The amount of times that VK and Lescott were tackling out wide showed how they were having to cover both full backs.

Must say - I thought VK and Lescott had the poorest game i've seen for a while. Both looked unsteady, unsure and positionally were poor. Nerves?

Without wing backs or wingers, the ball was consistently going through the middle - against Napoli's 8 defenders and midfielders. Mancini's tactical performance was really poor also.

Napoli played with 3 at the back! Why not get Nasri out wide on the left and Johnson on the right at half-time? Zaba and Kolorov were nowhere near as effective as Clichy and Micah - but yet again he stuck with it until 70 minutes. Don't get it.

Overall - Kun did OK, Nasri and Silva weren't as effective as they would have liked. Yaya is OK, but nothing more IMO and doesn't do his defensive responsibility's when in the DMF role - he just waits for others to break down the attack and he picks up the loose ball - and never tracks back quick enough. Also - I hate the way he tries 30 yard shots when there is an easier pass on.

Dzeko - I thought was the one shining light. His hold-up play, ball control and movement was excellent.

Overall - it's a point. In their back yard it will be very tough - but if it was down to first game nerves, then with the correct formation and a little more clinical finishing, i still think we can get through a tough group.

Overall:

Mancini - 6/10 - pick your best team

Team - 6/10 - show no nerves

Opposition - 6/10 - will have to cope against wingers at home

MoM - Dzeko and the referee! - getting better with each game - and the best ref i've seen in Europe so far. Allowed players to tackle and the game to flow.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:19 am

the ref was great. he let the game flow, much to the annoyance of some Napoli players who were looking fro free kicks.

I think VK and Lescott have had it too easy so far in the prem and they know that their positions haven't been under threat. They have played well enough but they haven't got a Smalling or Jones breathing down their necks like Reo and Vidic have. Reo could be out after this season and who would have thought that not so long ago?

We had plenty of possession but didn't do enough with it because napoli were so well drilled.

It'll be a different game with Clichy, Richards and NDJ playing.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:45 pm

I think MAncini will hopefully learn his lesson about wide players penatrating behind and down the flanks, Zab and Kolorov, while competent, are not in the same class as Clichy and Richards, who are very attacking, and pacy, and get back quicker!

It showed when he brought Johnson and Clichy on, we were pushing for a winner.

Atleast we didn't lose, and it's the 1st game in CL, so musn't grumble too much! roll on the weekend
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:40 pm

Yeah - totally agree with Topdawg. VK and Lescott seemed to be in a comfort zone last night. VK has been good, but not great so far this season. Captain's armband? Comfort zone? No pressure on his place from other CB's?

It'll be interesting to see if Kolo gets a game on Sunday instead of Lescott.

After reading the article i posted earlier - i think a point is OK. Maybe our start put added pressure on the players, wanting to score another 3 or 4 goals. This will not be the case in Europe - 1-0's and 3 points are all that matters.

Mancini will learn lessons - pick the right team for the right match - not just rotational. CL against Napoli warranted our best team - Fulham can be used to allow the likes of Zaba and Kolorov a game - but i guess it will be back to business with Richards, Clichy and Johnson for Fulham.

NDJ back? Yaya rest? God knows he may need it looking at his facial expressions after 60 minutes last night!!

I think we have the players to play both attacking and counter-attacking football - so i can see us learning lessons at a rapid rate this season in the CL and navigating any tricky ties.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:50 pm

blueboy is that the scene from requiem for a dream?

Agree with most, but Mancini put his faith in players that haven't had much football action and have just come back from injuries... we should have done better at home, players should take some responsibility imho,..

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down