Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
World cup, Rugby and the Olympics EmptyYesterday at 8:56 pm by Wensdi

» Today's game
World cup, Rugby and the Olympics EmptyYesterday at 1:25 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
World cup, Rugby and the Olympics EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
World cup, Rugby and the Olympics EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
World cup, Rugby and the Olympics EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
World cup, Rugby and the Olympics EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
World cup, Rugby and the Olympics EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
World cup, Rugby and the Olympics EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
World cup, Rugby and the Olympics EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
World cup, Rugby and the Olympics EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

World cup, Rugby and the Olympics

4 posters

Go down

World cup, Rugby and the Olympics Empty World cup, Rugby and the Olympics

Post by lee1pen Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:16 am

I've put this on here rather than the other less popular links because I wanted the view of city fans and others who care to comment.

In light of the Suns horror of the Rugby team having a pint is it time to evaluate what damage the press can do for the sake of selling papers.

We have all seen the media fiasco that was the last 2 world cups and without trying to excuse the players the Media, or to be honest the tabloid press did their damdest to upset any chances of us progressing by the continual scandal mongering and drip drip of negative comments.

They have now turned their attention to the Rugby world cup and again undermining the players by calling into question their relaxation time between matches. They are not trappist monks playing either game and I doubt very much that the journos are sat in their rooms contemplating the pullitzer prize.

Next year is the Olympics, will the Sun target the behavious or our elite athletes? will they monitor their every move and feed negative and "outrageous" behaviour onto the front pages in our living rooms.

You bet they will.

Personally The only way to hit these tabloids is make the punishment fit the crime. If a headline story is proven to be untrue or wildly exagerated by the press council then the paper should be banned from publishing for a week. The loss of advertising income might make them think twice before publishing before checking all the facts.
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

World cup, Rugby and the Olympics Empty Re: World cup, Rugby and the Olympics

Post by Topdawg Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:41 pm

lee, these fucking papers want to have a dig whenever they can, regardless of the consequences.

if we win something, they want to tag along for any glory they can.

if you make the punishment unpalatable, then maybe they'll stop.

make editors more personally liable for stories. banned from publishing hits them where it hurts. Why did NOTW disappear? because advertisers were pulling out making it less profitable and there would have been a point when they would have lost serious money.

it's like just about anything. if people think they can get away with something, they'll go for it. if the punishment is a waste of time, why not do the crime?
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by AMillionDifferentPeople Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:24 pm

They are a bunch of scumbags and bitter bastards. All these reporters who claim they would be 'the ultimate proffessional' are full of shit. If they had made it they would be exactly the same. Most of the reporting smacks of jealousy, but people jump on these bandwagons and make more of it than their is. The bloke who released the film of tindall is in court today, after claiming his actions were in the public interest he is likely to be proved wrong. After he has made a few quid of course.

After the owner of the evening standard punched a member of the panel on a tv debate, will he have his private life pulled apart in the media, or will he have friends in high places to sweep this under the carpet.

Double standards and hypocrisy is what i see in the media, and the reason i dont buy them anymore.
AMillionDifferentPeople
AMillionDifferentPeople
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by lee1pen Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:11 pm

It was the lack of cheking by the papers though. I cursory question into who the Blonde was would have revealed she was a family friend of both and at the wedding. They chose not to do that, or if they did chose to ignore it.
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by AMillionDifferentPeople Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:28 pm

Why let the facts get in the way of a good story. that is a very common theme for the media as we all know. The press complaints commision must be the busiest people in this country atm, with the way the media appears to have self regulated itself i hope a lot of the complaints are made public, and we can see what goes on when they 'create' a story.
AMillionDifferentPeople
AMillionDifferentPeople
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by joeymancityz Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:54 pm

I work with a bloke (here in Cleethorpes) who claims to be a Liverpool fan but buys the Sun daily. I told him he wasn't a proper supporter of LFC and all the club represents if he reads that pile of lying shit, but it went straight over his head. Symptomatic of the society we live in I'm afraid
joeymancityz
joeymancityz
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:40 pm

whenever there were problems for the sun or NOTW, their sister papers were very reluctant in reporting the same.

Bastards
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down