Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
The problem with having one or two dominant teams in a league EmptyYesterday at 6:51 am by Jwils2710

» Pep’s at it again
The problem with having one or two dominant teams in a league EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
The problem with having one or two dominant teams in a league EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
The problem with having one or two dominant teams in a league EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
The problem with having one or two dominant teams in a league EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
The problem with having one or two dominant teams in a league EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
The problem with having one or two dominant teams in a league EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
The problem with having one or two dominant teams in a league EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
The problem with having one or two dominant teams in a league EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
The problem with having one or two dominant teams in a league EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

The problem with having one or two dominant teams in a league

+3
Jordan
shakencity
Topdawg
7 posters

Go down

The problem with having one or two dominant teams in a league Empty The problem with having one or two dominant teams in a league

Post by Topdawg Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:56 am

With the advent of Financial Fair Play (fair play my hairy arse), league titles will be shared between only a few clubs.

Take Germany for instance, Dortmund won the league title, Bayern went out and spent tons and have won it back. Now they are buying Gotze from Dortmund for £32M. What chance does any other team in that league really have?

It's a similar kind of story in Spain and here too. It does make things less interesting.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

The problem with having one or two dominant teams in a league Empty Re: The problem with having one or two dominant teams in a league

Post by shakencity Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:15 am

I think things might become a little more interesting next season in England Dawg.

We are all playing catch up to the Rags now and early indications are that Chelsea are gonna splash the cash once more. Wenger's been told he has £120m at his disposal to spend and Mancini will be pushing our owners to spend big again.....Levy won't want to be left behind either, so i'm sure they'll be looking to improve again.

All boils up to be a hectic close season imo, just hope we don't miss out on our targets.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

The problem with having one or two dominant teams in a league Empty Re: The problem with having one or two dominant teams in a league

Post by Topdawg Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:43 am

I think our league can be the most exciting with several clubs able to mount a decent challenge if they get their buying right. Look at the way Chelsea started before imploding, same with us as well. Arsenal and Spurs can challenge with a couple of top players and Everton/Liverpool aren't that far away from from being more than awkward fixtures.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:43 am

I genuinely believe that this is the most important transfer window since the PL began.

Spend wisely, and that club will dominate for the next few years in my opinion. If we miss out again, then we can kiss goodbye to being champions for a while I think.
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:46 am

I agree Jordan, we have to get it bang on this time or we'll miss out on the title again meaning players will have to be offered more money to come to us, leaving us with the all too obvious problems if they fail to make an impact.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:50 pm

If we can clear out some of the dead wood and bring in three or four quality players (including one or two who can actually score goals would be nice), we should be able to put in a properly good challenge to get the trophy back.

And those quality players need to give us an edge in the CL, because I already predict we'll get drawn in a group with the champions of the Spanish and German leagues.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by coolenglishbob Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:05 pm

I hope that someone is doing their homework,because we have lost out on Goetze already,and the transfer market is not yet open Smile

coolenglishbob
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:21 pm

Also some reporters are saying Cavanni to PSG. Hope not !!

CMon chaps get it sorted or it'l be another year of red scum gloating
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:51 pm

I'm already sick of the rag gloating and it's not been 24 hours yet Sad

What I want is for us to go on a mad rampage, maximum points from the first 10 games, win a couple of CL games and utterly and ruthlessly kill off every team we come up against. Put the fear of god into everyone. And then win the league by Easter after racking up 102 points.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:29 am

Wouldn't we all leo bounce
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:32 am

Well, it's either that or a few gallons of unleaded, a match and a quick trip down Chester Road.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:33 am

you know what annoys me. We had rumenigge 3 years ago spouting off about fair play and city should be investigated for throwing money about and then they go and blow 40 million on Martinez last season and now Goetze. Pot Kettle Black!!!!!!
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down