Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Lampard's agent..."Lampard will leave City in July" EmptyToday at 8:12 am by Paulpowersleftfoot

» Pep’s at it again
Lampard's agent..."Lampard will leave City in July" EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Lampard's agent..."Lampard will leave City in July" EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Lampard's agent..."Lampard will leave City in July" EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Lampard's agent..."Lampard will leave City in July" EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Lampard's agent..."Lampard will leave City in July" EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Lampard's agent..."Lampard will leave City in July" EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Lampard's agent..."Lampard will leave City in July" EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Lampard's agent..."Lampard will leave City in July" EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Lampard's agent..."Lampard will leave City in July" EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Lampard's agent..."Lampard will leave City in July"

+2
leopold
blueboy
6 posters

Go down

Lampard's agent..."Lampard will leave City in July" Empty Lampard's agent..."Lampard will leave City in July"

Post by blueboy Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:59 am

Frank Lampard’s agent has revealed to talkSPORT’s Jason Cundy that the former Chelsea midfielder will not extend his stay at Manchester City beyond the end of the 2014/15 season.

Lampard’s agent, Steve Kutner, told Cundy that Lampard will be signing a contract with New York City FC in July.

It was announced on Thursday that Lampard was solely registered with Manchester City and was not on-loan from the MLS outfit.

And Kutner claimed the City midfielder was not offered a new contract by Chelsea last summer and was in talks with LA Galaxy and New York City FC before signing for the Premier League champions.

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Lampard's agent..."Lampard will leave City in July" Empty Re: Lampard's agent..."Lampard will leave City in July"

Post by blueboy Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:00 pm

So, all the fuckwits who have been slating us (Mourinho, Wenger) for being underhand with the Lampard deal, can go and fuck right off.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Lampard's agent..."Lampard will leave City in July" Empty Re: Lampard's agent..."Lampard will leave City in July"

Post by leopold Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:02 pm

Wait, so we signed Lamps and not NYCFC?

But what about all those butt-hurt Arsenal fans who thought we were bypassing FFP rules, what are they going to do now?  Cry, I expect.  Good!
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:03 pm

blueboy wrote:So, all the fuckwits who have been slating us (Mourinho, Wenger) for being underhand with the Lampard deal, can go and fuck right off.
Ah, you just beat me to it!  But yes, in a nutshell, this does rather piss on their chips.  Brilliant!  Very Happy
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:10 pm

shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:17 pm

shakencity wrote:http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jul/24/frank-lampard-signs-new-york-city-chelsea

So all this is bollocks?

All seems very strange to me.
Sounds like it.  Although Lamps did say this:

Frank Lampard wrote:There’s a lot of new challenges here, but I’m coming to a great city and I wanted to show people that I can play good football.
He could've been talking about Manchester!
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:19 pm

Cool. Shame we didn't get all this before Arsene's press conference
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:41 pm

Frank Lampard has sought to draw a line under the controversy regarding his extended stay at Manchester City and insisted he will join New York City FC in the summer.
There has been confusion over the precise nature of Lampard's contract status in relation to both clubs since it was announced on New Year's Eve that he would remain with the Premier League champions until the end of the season. That announcement has delayed his debut with sister club New York until midway through their first MLS campaign, to the anger of many fans in the United States.
On Thursday, the Premier League announced that, after reviewing Lampard's status, it was satisfied his contract was solely owned by Manchester City with no agreement in place between the two clubs - which sparked fresh speculation he might never play in MLS.
But Lampard issued a statement via his representatives on Friday which said he does have an agreement in place with New York and will move there in the summer.
"I want to make it completely clear about my situation as I have read a lot of lies and nonsense over the last few days," the statement, released via Steve Kutner Management, said.
"When released from Chelsea last year at the end of my contract I signed a commitment to play for NYCFC for two years starting January 1, 2015. I was then offered the chance to train and be part of the Man City squad in the interim to keep myself in the best shape going into New York.
"This period has since been extended by Man City and I will now start playing for NYCFC at the end of this current Premier League season.
"There has always been a constant dialogue between all parties in this time to find the best solution for everyone. I can say that I am very excited about arriving in New York and giving everything to the team to make us a success in the MLS as soon as possible.
"Thanks everyone for your ongoing support and I wish everyone a healthy and happy 2015!"
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:33 pm

If Frank has a storming finish to the season, is there any chance he may stay on next year? The flak, and faux offense, would be enormous.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:49 pm

No chance....thin he's pretty much committed to the move now. Can't see City wanting to stir the hornets nest again.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:16 pm

Charlie Nicholas could barely contain his anger on Saturday afternoon, ranting about how Lampard had signed a contract to join NYC and then welched on it. He thinks the whole thing is a disgrace and an embarassment to City. It was pointed out by Jeff Stelling that he had only signed a comittment to join NYC not an actual contract to play for them but Charlie was adamant that this was still a contract and City's behaviour is a disgrace.
City have done themselves no favours with the way this was handled but some pudits and reporters are going OTT about it in my opinion.
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:34 pm

agree
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:46 pm

Charlie Nicholas is offended? By this bullshit? It's about as equally offensive/out of order as his comment about Fernando and Fernandinho...
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:15 pm

So why are they getting hepped up at City....we've done absolutely fack all wrong. Soft bastards!!!
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:22 pm

I don't think we've been totally honest in this affair, but who's been hurt? Who's lost out because of what we've done?
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:29 pm

Hopefully Chelsea will be the only losers when Super Frank wins the title for us  Very Happy
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:28 pm

Manchester City were in the equivalent of League One when Steve Coogan was doing the tour in which his comedy creation Paul Calf reflected on his own history with the club. “When I was young I had a trial for Man City,” he told his audiences. “I was terrible! Missed an open goal. Headed one into my own net. I was absolutely shite.” He paused for a drag on his cigarette but you knew already what was coming. “Anyway,” he deadpanned, “they offered me a place.”

That was City as they once were: a punchline all on their own. Paul Calf could never have been written as a fan of Manchester United – they were just too successful to fit the character’s profile. What price Coogan revisiting Paul in this new era for City, and have him wandering bewildered around the gleaming VIP areas of the Etihad Stadium, a cigarette in one hand, a can of Skol in the other, trying to chat up the hostesses in airline uniforms?
It is easy to forget that the new City operation – two league titles in three years, sister clubs in two continents, a training complex opened by the Chancellor of the Exchequer – are still prone to the occasional calamity, the kind which Coogan played on in that Paul Calf sketch. It is no longer what defines them, but it does still happen.
The Frank Lampard saga has been an awkward few days for the club. The drip-drip of information about what turned out to be his 12-month contract and how that reflected on the original, misleading announcement that he was on loan from New York City, the MLS franchise created by City, has cast in a bad light a club that is now meticulous about its reputation. It was, after all, reputation that Sheikh Mansour was investing in when he made the game-changing commitment to the club in 2008.
Yet, for all the cock-up, it is very hard to find the conspiracy. City were wrong to say Lampard was on loan from New York in August and in subsequent conversations with the club, including one I had on 14 December, they did clarify that it was not a loan deal. Lampard had not been able to register as a New York player in August for many reasons, one of which was that the new franchise had not then been added to the Fifa transfer matching system, the global clearing house for transfers.
It was for this reason that he signed a “head of terms” deal with New York in August to come into effect on 1 January. In the interim, Manuel Pellegrini met him while City were on tour in the United States and asked him to join for the first five months of the season. The Premier League only recognises 12-month contracts so Lampard signed one with City including what has been described as an “automatic break clause” on 31 December to allow him to leave for New York. It was that which was cancelled to permit him to play the rest of the Premier League season.

Along the way, City should have clarified Lampard’s position better, and once they had started deleting web pages mentioning the “loan” word they should have known the flames of conspiracy would be fanned. It was a cock-up. It is City who have paid his wages, which means he will be on their financial fair play consideration. It is City who have had to make the awkward decision to deprive their MLS franchise of one of its two star players, a far from ideal start to life for New York City.
In some respects, the Lampard saga reminds one of the great Rock Of Gibraltar story that plunged United into such crisis. If only the racehorse Sir Alex Ferguson had agreed to co-own with two of the club’s biggest shareholders had been as mediocre as most racehorses owned by the football fraternity. Instead it won seven Group One races and became one of the hottest properties in racing, prompting the ownership rights war that tore United apart. The Sunday Times called it right when it described the Rock as “the horse that won too much”.
Lampard might well be the man who played too well. If he had managed a few substitute appearances and just a couple of goals in the Capital One Cup he would have been packed off to New York this month with City’s best wishes. Instead his goals alone have won City two games and earned a draw against Chelsea. In a title race that looks like it could be decided by the slenderest of margins, City had no choice but to keep him.
That has been tough on MLS but if anything, it is notable how little protest there has been from the league’s most senior figures. There is sympathy for the New York fans who bought season tickets and whose supporters’ group, “The Third Rail”, last week issued an earnest statement of “outrage”. They are the ultimate postmodern fans’ group: obliged to condemn their club’s board before ever having watched the team play.
Lampard, evidently sensing the damage to his own reputation, gave an interview to The Times on Saturday which as good as laid the blame at the door of City for failing to recognise how events might pan out after he agreed to join them temporarily. Yet in the end, he and the MLS hierarchy know that it is City and Abu Dhabi who are picking up the bills for New York and, as ever, they will call the tune.
For City it is one more salutary warning that, seven years into the journey to becoming a European super-club, the scrutiny is exacting and what once could be dismissed as a cock-up can appear a lot more sinister. What would Paul Calf make of it all? Unlike Lampard, of course, Paul never did sign for City. “I was only 16 at the time,” he said. “I wanted to concentrate on smoking.”
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:03 pm

Cock up. No conspiracy. Unless you believe the conspiracy theorists...
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down