Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Sterling signs... EmptyToday at 3:48 am by atlblue

» Pep’s at it again
Sterling signs... EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Sterling signs... EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Sterling signs... EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Sterling signs... EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Sterling signs... EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Sterling signs... EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Sterling signs... EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Sterling signs... EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Sterling signs... EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Sterling signs...

+4
Wensdi
atlblue
Paulpowersleftfoot
Topdawg
8 posters

Go down

Sterling signs... Empty Sterling signs...

Post by Topdawg Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:09 pm

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33497488

he better do the fucking business now...
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Sterling signs... Empty Re: Sterling signs...

Post by Topdawg Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:17 pm

Personally, I would have liked us to stick to our guns with the last bid and left it at that. Let them stew on it with a very unhappy player. I can see why we ended up increasing our bid, however. The big nobs seem afraid we'll get no-one of significance.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:07 pm

His name is Raheem Sterling
He never was a scouse
His medical at City
Required him to delouse.

We broke him free from Rodgers
and now he's got free reign
And when he scores against you twats
We'll sing this song again!
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:37 pm

Razz Razz Razz Razz love it!!!
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:29 pm

Just reading some of the dipper and scum fans on facebook although I use that term lightly because most cannot speak English, so lets call them band wagon jumpers, and it is making me smile.

Yes we paid over the odds, but let me think?  Sterling or Navas whipping those crosses in for Serg?  Hmm not even close.

1 down, 2 to go.   Who knows, its not too late to get this window right  Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:35 pm

It's early days BB......let's just make sure we rub their fuckin faces in it, like I'm doing now on FB with 3 or 4 of my very bitter mates who are LFC dippers!!

Makes me piss my sides the torrent of abuse I'm getting.

I'm not a proper fan now, as I've not got a season ticket...that's their new one. Even though, I had a season ticket from 79 - 93....then went to most games home and away from 95-2000 when my second lad was born....and I stopped going to most matches.

Really, they're a bunch of cunts the lot of them.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:42 pm

Sterling is a far better option than Navas. Let's hope he shows how much better he can be. I don't know who's faster, but Sterling will at least take men on and he can't be a worse shot than Jesus.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:59 pm

Spent the weekend in soft southern land on a golf weekend and amazingly the majority are West Ham fans.  Consensus was an excellent buy and he absolutely ripped their defence to shreds home and away last season.

We need youth, we need English, the money is irrelevant.   I'm really buzzing about this one.  Now if the lad can learn to shoot, he will really have everything.

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:10 pm

I've just had to delete an LFC friend on FB who've I've known for 25 years......he became personal and a family-orientated attack on me and my lads......so deleted, and when I see him in 3 weeks at a wedding, let's just say he'll be hit with that many lefts, he'll be begging for a right.

Guess they are glad Stirling's leaving.....not!! Razz Razz Razz

Let's hope the kid is everything we want him to be, scores against the dippers and celebrates in front of them, Adebayor style!!!
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:33 pm

That would be dreamland territory. Celebrating in front of the Kop would be awesome!!!
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by atlblue Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:00 pm

Still dont think he is worth the money, but with the quality players we have he hopefully will become a better player and improve the team
atlblue
atlblue
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:16 pm

Of course Atl, he's not worth £49m.......but if he plays like he did when LFC took us to the wire, and we win another PL, Cup or progress further in the CL because of his contribution, £49m will seem peanuts for the owner and the fans.

He really is a good player and an even better better prospect at 20 yrs of age....and he's definitely someone who we need, someone that we've been crying out for, for Navas to do....take players on, not out wide, but push them back into their box...and he's great at doing that.

Can you imagine the balls Silva will be playing into him behind the opposition defence? I can see him ripping defences apart with his pace, or at least making defenders man mark or double up on him which will create even more space for TLMLF and Silva to expose.

Of course, his finishing needs to improve, bit I think training alongside professionals like Aguero, Silva and Kompany, they'll make sure he keeps on the right track now he's at a genuine PL title winning team and one in the CL.

I'm excited....I think he will be a big player for us this season...regardless of his price, which to be fair, really doesn't come into it. Otherwise, we could sign 2 players like Ings, Austin, Benteke......none of them players would start for us in our current squad....but Stirling will definitely start.

Be interesting how Navas does now, considering his team want him back....maybe it'll bring about another 25% improvement, as on his day, he can be a good player.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:44 pm

Lets get his name right then it's Sterling Very Happy as in pounds sterling.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:07 am

thank god that's over now lets move on to the next one.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:17 am

Wensdi wrote:Lets get his name right then it's Sterling Very Happy as in pounds sterling.

Oh yeah.. affraid Sorry miss.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:34 am

I can just see bluey picturing Wensdi dressed as a schoolteacher...
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:24 am

Sterling signs... 5ad7860e226e70654a6a08e374ad64cc
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:31 am

Naughty, naughty. Very naughty.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonchester Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:54 am

Miss, Miss, I've been a very bad boy...
Moonchester
Moonchester
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:35 am

Iv'e been naughtier!!!!!!
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:41 am

Liverpool may be happy to have sold Raheem Sterling. The player can ensure it is Manchester City and their fans that have the last laugh.

They think it's all over...it is for now.
Manchester City's purchase of Raheem Sterling draws an ugly chapter for all parties to a close.
Liverpool will be pleased with themselves. They've secured £49m for a player that had become disillusioned with the manager and the club's ambition, and viciously savaged his character.
In the PR battle, they called Aidy Ward's gamble and trumped him.
Now their fans can go back to venerating Brendan Rodgers, their ex-pros can once more enjoy their retirement uninterrupted and that man who seemingly wore both a United and a City top in the space of 20 minutes can have a good look at himself.
But the story doesn't end there.
City fans respect their own when they see potential - the patience shown to 2014's big-money buy Eliaquim Mangala shows that Sterling will find peace at the Etihad where he found jeers and abuse towards the end of his time on Merseyside.
What's more, while not every Blue approves of the deal, Liverpool's determination to dismantle Sterling's reputation has rallied support for him this end of the East Lancs as supporters saw something familiar.
Like the 20-year-old, City could not compete with the swarm of ex-players pushing the Merseyside message publicly.
Manuel Pellegrini's side were also unfairly treated in the rush to demonise the youngster, lazily cast as the destroyers of English talent getting their bulging cheque book again to fill a quota because they can't produce their own players.
While such a constructed narrative can be frustrating, it is not new for City. The players and their manager are happy to get their heads down and let their football do the talking.
They've proven to be quite good at that - considerably better than Liverpool, or Sterling would not be coming.
The England international is also most comfortable on the pitch, and while he still has room for development the ability he has shown to date suggests he will fit in seamlessly at the Etihad.
His performances for Liverpool in their title-challenging season, against City and for England at the World Cup tell you everything you need to know about his temperament and ability to handle the big stage.
Soccerex report, the Golden Boy awards and Rodgers himself have all hailed the player as the best or most valuable youngster in Europe in the last two years.
And if his performances in those seasons are anything to go by, Sterling thrives when among quality players.
His pace and creativity provides City with something they lacked last year and his versatility behind the striker gives Pellegrini more reason than ever to switch to the 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 formation played by other Blues' teams.
So City can let Liverpool be happy for now, confident that come August the Premier League returns and Sterling and the players can earn the headlines they want in the most important way.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:45 am

Manchester City fans have been having their say on the deal struck between the Blues and Liverpool to take Raheem Sterling to the Etihad.

Manchester City have agreed a £45m deal to take Raheem Sterling from Liverpool to the Etihad.
The move has brought an avalanche of criticism for disgruntled Liverpool fans.
Here Blues fans have their say on the deal - a record fee for an Englishman.
Homar

Unquestionably overpriced, but necessary to improve on last season. I hope that the club will not rest on their laurels but rather accelerate the pursuit of Isco, Pogba, De Bruyne and perhaps a quality left-back. Finally, promote Kelechi Iheanacho so that we don't need to sign a replacement for Jovetic.

Neil Rowland
Welcome Raheem Sterling - I look forward to you running at and terrorizing the opposing defenders. Go earn the fee and wage packet!

Ozymandias
So two years ago when Liverpool looked like winning the title Carragher said he wouldn't trade Sterling for Silva...and now he said he's not at the level of other British players. Who understand these pundits?

Fred
Milner vs Sterling comparison: Milner (29 years) Sterling (20 years); Milner (no pace) Sterling (great pace); Milner (No dribbling ability) Sterling (dribbling ability)

Blue Warrior
Instead of enjoying the signing, we are forced to defend it against the bitterness of Villa and Pool fans not to mention the envy of the Rags. Great going Txiki!

Paul
I hope Sterling does fulfill his potential with us but a part of me thinks maybe we should have gone for Barley at Everton for between 25 and 30m and Isco. We really need to sign Isco as he is far better than Nasri and Navas put together! If Dzeko and Jovetic go we should sign Pedro too!

Ken Clarke
Loads of Pool fans slagging Raheem Sterling off. This lad is the real deal. Welcome to Manchester RS! You will become a bigger and better player.

Martin Bebbington
Let's now follow it up with Pogba and De Bruyne now we've got the ball rollin' and show all the pretenders that MCFC mean business in this transfer window. Hopefully followed by our first trophy in two (yes, two - ha ha - years!).

grimreaper46
Cost is immaterial. You have to pay whatever you have to pay. Sterling is not worth £49M but young English international footballers come at a premium. At least he does not have to get used to the Premiership like foreign players do.

AndyVale
Oh well it is not my money and I will enjoy watching him next year. If he wins us the league all the better. Still over £30m more than he is worth. Not the first time - Torres cost more!

Colin
Can't say that I'm super happy with the deal, but I am glad that it's finally coming to a close. If he fixes his dodgy attitude, he could be a legend.

Kippax Kid
Don't worry Colin. Raheem's supposedly 'dodgy attitude' is the creation of the red top media and pathetic Liverpool 'wobble heads' who don't like it when players want to leave Anfield.

Paul Finnigan
Why would Sterling want to stay at a small club when he could come to City? The lad's got ambition. All credit.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:48 am

Manchester City can live without the Aston Villa man if he doesn't want to come - while those who knock the Blues over Sterling have got it wrong.

Fabian Delph is probably better of staying at Aston Villa … and Manchester City are probably better off without him.
If the player's dramatic U-turn was down to a genuine feeling that staying at a mid-table club with few trophy prospects is the best thing for his career, fair enough.
But if, as has been intimated by sources close to Delph, he changed his mind after hearing the howling hordes of outraged Villa fans venting their fury through social media, then he probably does not have the fibre required to play at the top level.
Not only that, he has opened the door on a whole new era of mob rule, where you don't need flaming torches and pitchforks – just a fancy mobile phone and decent internet connection.
You can't help but draw a distinction between the manner in which James Milner left City at the end of his contract, to join Liverpool on a free transfer, and the Delph situation.
Most City fans badly wanted Milner to stay, the club wanted him to stay so much that they offered him a whopping new contract, and the chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak made a personal plea.
But Milner, honest soul that he is, left for football reasons.
And he went, not to a chorus of Twitter banshees, but to good wishes, led by Khaldoon himself, who praised Milner's character and professionalism during his time at City.
And yet, curiously, it often seems to be City who are described as lacking class, usually by the snobs of the traditional elite, who don't like working class lottery winners being allowed to sit at the top table.
The contrast also stands in the way Liverpool have conducted the Raheem Sterling affair.
Sterling, like Milner, wants to leave. The only difference between the two is that Sterling still has time left on his contract, like that matters in this day and age.
The outraged mob cannot hack that. They come to the conclusion that the only feasible reason Sterling would want to leave the hallowed halls of Anfield to join the Blues is filthy lucre.
Not that he might want to win trophies. Not that he wants to play in the Champions League. Not that he wants to leave a club that lives on its glorious past, for one that is busy building a glorious future.
Words like “loyalty” have long since faded from the football vocabulary. Now glory, victory – and money – are everything, and that is not Sterling's doing.
Where were the anguished cries of "Disgrace!" from Liverpool and Villa fans when Sterling left Queen's Park Rangers and Delph left Leeds? Then, of course, they were simply trying to better themselves, joining a better club.
The question is, what is the difference now?
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:42 pm

I read that second Article from Stuart Brennan, a level headed approach & factual, I found myself nodding in agreement. The trouble is rivals will see it as myopic thru blue tinted glasses.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:50 pm

skyblueoz wrote:I read that second Article from Stuart Brennan, a level headed approach & factual, I found myself nodding in agreement. The trouble is rivals will see it as myopic thru blue tinted glasses.

The rivals wear blu tinted glasses Oz? Razz
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:24 pm

Screw rival fans. I'm off to get my raheem tatoo as we speak...
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:15 pm

" No Rivals will see the report" & claim ity is written through blue tinted glasses. But you knew that didn't you Sterling signs... Icon_twistedSterling signs... Icon_twisted
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:46 pm

lol!
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:36 pm

He used to be a Scouser
but now he is a Manc!
He's sick of burning candles
He wants to be a champ
His name is Raheem Sterling
He plays in blue and white!
You can keep your £50 million!
you'll still buy fucking shite!
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:16 pm

lol! lol!
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down