Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
What does each player, and the team, have to do for it to be a successful season? EmptyYesterday at 6:51 am by Jwils2710

» Pep’s at it again
What does each player, and the team, have to do for it to be a successful season? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
What does each player, and the team, have to do for it to be a successful season? EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
What does each player, and the team, have to do for it to be a successful season? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
What does each player, and the team, have to do for it to be a successful season? EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
What does each player, and the team, have to do for it to be a successful season? EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
What does each player, and the team, have to do for it to be a successful season? EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
What does each player, and the team, have to do for it to be a successful season? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
What does each player, and the team, have to do for it to be a successful season? EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
What does each player, and the team, have to do for it to be a successful season? EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

What does each player, and the team, have to do for it to be a successful season?

3 posters

Go down

What does each player, and the team, have to do for it to be a successful season? Empty What does each player, and the team, have to do for it to be a successful season?

Post by Topdawg Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:12 am

Quite honestly, I think we'll be in for a tough old season. Most of us are still uncomfortable with our defensive situation, mainly at LB and our lack of a real old school DM. Our attack has been strengthened with the signature of Sterling and his pace will pose defenses new problems.

I still think Chelsea are the team to beat. Barring serious injuries to a few key players, I think they could well finish top again.

For me, we need to win something this season for it to be considered a success. At least one cup, a top 2 finish and getting out of the group stages of the CL should be bare minimum after what we are spending. Of course I'd like us to at least go one step further in the CL and win the PL!

As for a few of our major players:

Sterling really should be an assist machine and chip in with goals. 10 goals and 10 assists would seem reasonable for his first season, though I think it shoulde be more. I'd like Silva to step up on his goals too and he should be targeting well into double figures. He has enough chances to make this happen. I'd like Aguero to get 25-30 goals again. If he can break that 30 league goal barrier, then we should be in with a shout of the title. Yaya needs to step up again and hit double figure in terms of league goals. Bony, depends on how much he plays, but he to should be looking at 12-15 league goals. I'm sure he'll get enough time on the pitch to give him a chance for that sort of goal return.

I'd like some consistency and composure in defence, but let's not get too greedy!!!
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

What does each player, and the team, have to do for it to be a successful season? Empty Re: What does each player, and the team, have to do for it to be a successful season?

Post by blueboy Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:51 pm

I honestly think United could be the team to beat this season. If they sign a top CB, they could easily be the favourites.

Chelsea will do what Chelsea do. Play boring, pragmatic football and generally pick up 3 points - but I don't think they'll get away with a small squad again this season. Lasts season, the other teams went through too many shit periods, which left them plodding along.

Arsenal will be stronger, but they need to get some consistency for the whole season.

Liverpool are shit. They'll struggle for a top 6 never mind top 4.

I think a cup is an absolute minimum. Another good run in the CL, maybe a QF/Semi would be a result.

Sergio for another 25+ goals, Bony with 10-15 and TLMLF needs to just pull his finger out - but that'll depend on his interest after December and his agent. Rolling Eyes

I still think we need a top, top LB.

I'm not too worried about our DFM position. We may have to change our formation slightly, especially if we do get De Bruyne, because we can't fit them all in. TLMLF cannot, under any circumstances, play that role, so that leaves Delph and Fernandino to fight it out with Fernando.

If we do get De Bruyne, he had 10 goals and 20 assists last season, anything like that would be incredible. I'd be happy with 10 goals and another 10 assists, with Silva to chip in with 8-12 goals and 10 assists.

Sterling will get loads of assists, as long as he gets chances, I'm sure he can get 12-18 goals this season.

Still, it will all depend on De Bruyne and a LB for me. If we sign neither, I can't see us winning the title at this stage.

If we do get them, then I think we should be pushing for the title, a cup and a good CL run, but it depends on how he fits them all in and sets the team up.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

What does each player, and the team, have to do for it to be a successful season? Empty Re: What does each player, and the team, have to do for it to be a successful season?

Post by Topdawg Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:52 pm

I can see us, eventually, getting KdB. Getting a LB, well, no chance of that happening. A really good (defensive) LB and KdB and my hopes will be raised for a decent title shot.

I think we've got more than enough going forwards, especially if we sign KdB, to cause every team a whole heap of trouble. Sterling and KdB are young enough, and have the legs, to help back when needed. This will help as Yaya ambles back and Silva strolls his way back.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:13 pm

Are there any seriously good LB's out there that are available and not getting a bit long in the tooth, remember we are trying lo lower the average age of the squad.
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:00 pm

Juan Bernat (Bayern Munich)

Ricardo Rodriguez (Wolfsburg)

David Alaba (Bayern Munich)

Leighton Baines (Everton)

Fabio Coentrao (Real Madrid) ****really can't see why we don't??

Juan Camilo Zuniga (Napoli)

Marcel Schmelzer (Borussia Dortmund)

Domenico Criscito (Zenit St. Petersburg) *one of the most highly rated young players.

Mattia De Sciglio (AC Milan)

Layvin Kurzawa (Monaco) *will be avialable at the right price.

These are the top rated LB's in world football that could ever possibly move to us.

I've obviously left out the likes of Marcelo, Lahm etc. TBF, 5 of th top 10 are already in the PL....and Clichy is one of them.

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:26 pm

I wouldn't mind Coentrao and Kurzawa out of the bunch but to be honest any of them would be an upgrade on what we have.
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:52 pm

Baines must be knocking on and I can't see Everton wanting to sell, but he'd have been worth a shout at the beginning of the window. But our top brass are happy with our current personnel Rolling Eyes
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:13 am

I'd just be happier if we accepted Kolorov is a midfielder and play Clichy all season with a kid as backup for league cup etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down