Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Monday Gossip EmptyWed May 08, 2024 1:49 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Monday Gossip EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Monday Gossip EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Monday Gossip EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Monday Gossip EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Monday Gossip EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Monday Gossip EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Monday Gossip EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Monday Gossip EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Monday Gossip EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Monday Gossip

2 posters

Go down

Monday Gossip Empty Monday Gossip

Post by lee1pen Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:13 am

The whole of football expects Samir Nasri to sign for City. But what if the French midfielder were to play in the Champions League for Arsenal on Wednesday?

A long-running story becomes tedious unless you can find a fresh angle. Now Samir's saga is suddenly hot news again thanks to an Arsene Wenger quote and Roberto Mancini's reaction at Bolton.

The Guardian's Daniel Taylor pounces on the key Wenger words: "Arsenal's manager made it clear he is willing to pick Nasri, regardless of the possible ramifications for the deal. 'I wouldn't worry about that,' he said. 'What is important to us is to qualify.'

Gotcha! You can build an entire story on that, and Danny does, along with a good few others, especially as Roberto tells Sky sports it would be a "big problem" if Nasri played against Udinese.

As Skysports.com explains: "If the France international plays in Italy, it would mean he would not be eligible to play for City in the group phase and Mancini acknowledged this could be an issue."

They quote Roberto: "It's a big problem (if he plays) but I'm sure we can close in 24 hours, maybe 48. For Nasri it will be important he can play in all the Champions League matches."

Guardian man Taylor goes further: "Roberto Mancini is threatening to end Manchester City's long pursuit of Samir Nasri if the Frenchman becomes ineligible for the Champions League

"Mancini admitted being alarmed by Arsène Wenger's declaration that Nasri could feature for Arsenal and warned it is a 'possible' deal-breaker.

"Mancini said that would be a 'big problem' and asked whether it was a serious enough issue for him to change targets, he nodded and said it was 'possible'.

What's that you say? There was a match yesterday? Yes, well, let's leave that to Henry Winter in the Irish Independent, whose "Noisy neighbours starting to thrive on Silva service" is the day's best.

Telegraph man Henry's prose is always a delight. Here, it's a feast for Blue eyes seeking title success ...

He writes: "Here was the new-look Manchester City playing with the hand-brake off, attacking with width and verve, still looking to enhance their lead in the final seconds when the old City would have been building barricades, doubling the guard and running down the clock.

"City are putting on the Ritz, playing in an opulent fashion that reflects their wealth. Even if it needs stressing that Bolton's whole team cost £10m less than Sergio Aguero, it was impossible not to admire the adrenalin rush that was City as they rose to the top of the nascent Premier League table yesterday.

"David Silva collected the man-of-the-match bubbly but deserving of lengthy swigs from the bottle were Edin Dzeko, James Milner, Gareth Barry and Micah Richards. All excellent.

"Aguero's signing has not simply given City a fabulous new striker. It has given them a new approach, a new zest.

"Silva graced the right but also roamed productively inside, allowing Richards to make those long charges down the flank. Silva was magical ... so good that City fans did 'we are not worthy' bows to him whenever he took corners down their end."

Well, it's still only August. Nevertheless ...
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Monday Gossip Empty Re: Monday Gossip

Post by shakencity Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:42 am

As i've said before, the Nasri signing would be good but it's not a necessity, I don't think i'd lose any sleep if he doesn't end up signing.

After watching Arsenal at the weekend, i'd have thought Nasri himself would be pushing for this deal to be finalised more than anyone, they truely are a woeful team.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down