Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Soton vs City - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 1:49 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Soton vs City - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Soton vs City - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Soton vs City - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Soton vs City - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Soton vs City - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Soton vs City - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Soton vs City - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Soton vs City - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Soton vs City - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Soton vs City

+5
Nijinsky
skyblueoz
blueboy
Strange Blue
Topdawg
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Soton vs City - Page 2 Empty Soton vs City

Post by Topdawg Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:44 am

First topic message reminder :

Guess we'll just have to stick with Navas at RB...

Bravo
Navas, Kompany, Stones, Kolarov
Delph
Sterling, KdB, Silva, Sane
Aguero
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Soton vs City - Page 2 Empty Re: Soton vs City

Post by blueboy Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:37 pm

Topdawg wrote:Bravo in net? Didn't you see the fucking awful pass he made to one of their players? As some on BT Sport said, it's not worth the risk.

So.....how harsh with your words will you be for Aguero? He was garbage until his headed goal....but I guess that doesn't matter - as comments are not objective. We pick out a keeper for 1, yes 1 pass and jump all over what some fuckwits on BT Sports say......didn't hear any of them slag off Forster for being weak with Kompany's header.......oh no, can't be the keepers fault as he's not Chilean and on the end of shit week in week out!! #lemmings

Navas appeared to have done ok, but Southampton didn't do all that much in attack.

Bollocks....did you watch the game??? Another comment made to justify the negativity around another player......it'd be nice to just admit that some were wrong and comment with an objective view on the performances, rather than trying to justify a previous stance that berates the Manager's choice......3-0....but some will still look for an angle to complain rather than praise the players and Pep.

I think everyone on here, except for the odd one person, sees a keeper that can't save much.

Saved 2 shots out of 2....screwed your stats up today!! Razz Razz Razz
today. Razz Razz Razz
At least Kompany had a good game.

What a token comment.....cheers for that insight into today's game Dawg....."at least Kompany had a good game"......FFS! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:38 pm

Starting to like Stevie G as a pundit, so much better than the anti City brigade at BT.

Good interview with Vinnie too

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:39 pm

Strange Blue wrote:Really didnt see it ending 3-0, but nothing to complain about there & I thought Navas was was pretty solid.

Agree SB....but it's hard for some to admit he did, after slagging him and the Manager off. #objectivity!
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:43 pm

Only managed to watch the 2nd half but we looked pretty good to me. KdB looked back to his old self 
But Vinny has to be the star man Hes a great defender and just seems to improve the whole defence when he's there. He can even turn Navas into a footballer ! And the unbridled joy on his face for that goal was just a pleasure to see Well done Pep & City today
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:55 pm

Well I asked for a more clinical city in the second half & finally they delivered. We had a lot more confidence in the second half & I put it down to this at 0-0 Bravo makes a save ( miracles do happen) rest of the team thinks if he can do it so can we Vinny lasts 90 minutes Navas has a solid game Fernandinho, Kompany & Otamendi didn't pick up a yellow & Bravo keeps a clean sheet. I can't believe it can get better than this until Gundogan & Jesus are back. Oh & Navas getting a scorcher on target if that had gone in then indeed Miracles do happen.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:02 pm

How long have you been saying the same old shit that pretty much no-one else agrees with???

Seeing as you generally only mention what fits your agenda, who was way out of position for the goal that Hull scored? If you want to apportion some blame, who should we blame? Stones for some reason???

Who's talking about Bravo's stats except you? I said he didn't seem to have much to do today, though I did read a comment about him flapping....must have been flapping his arms to keep warm...

Aguero missed some chances and was greedy towards the end. What's new? I've been saying that for ages but you haven't said too much against him until recently.

Did Yaya have a decent game? Did you mention him at all? Did Kev have a decent game? You've been slagging him off for a while now and maybe praising him doesn't suit your agenda either.

And you're at the wrong holidays. The dog in the manger was for Christmas time...
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:05 pm

I only saw the 2nd half so missed Bravo's 2 'worldy' saves and 100% accurate passing from the first half. Hasn't he got a 100% win record since he's been back in the first team. Surprised that hasn't been mentioned at all...
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:56 pm

But it's all about opinions...
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:21 pm

WTF are you on about??? Razz Razz Razz

More supposition and speculation.

I think I made my points pretty clear 'in reply to what YOU posted'.....see my replies in BOLD, to your comments.

How long have you been saying the same old shit that pretty much no-one else agrees with???

As I said, I'm not a media lemming who keeps using the fact that Joe Hart isn't here for City being where they are.....if you actually bothered to look at the goals Bravo conceded this season, you'd see that at least 70% of them, Joe Hart wouldn't have saved...but again, it looks good for the media-stat agenda to say....."that's 7 shots faced, 7 goals conceded"...easy target. Instead of looking at the stats, look at the actual goals conceded and ask yourself if any of them, or even some of them, were actually a mistake by Bravo! instead of running out the same old same old...blame Bravo and not the fact we've missed chance after chance after chance.

If you want to take the leaders, Chelsea for example, with a keeper who is classed as one of the best in world football.....let's take a look at the goals he's conceded recently:

Bournemouth - 1-3
City 1-2
Palace 1-2
Stoke 1-2
WHU 1-2
Swansea 1-3
Burnley 1-1
Arsenal 1-3
LFC 1-1
To name the last number of games.....but no-one blames Courtiois for them conceding goals or berate him. Difference is, Chelsea were clinical, that's what won them these games.

Name me 1 game recently where we've conceded a goal by a keepers mistake (Bravo in particular) that lost us the game???

As for being out of position for a goal against Hull.....are you really, I mean really, going to single out Navas in a game we won 3-1, as some kind of culprit???? Really????? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes If so, go back and name the other culprits who we lost goals from at RB this season - you'll be here all week FFS!

Who's talking about Bravo's stats except you? I said he didn't seem to have much to do today, though I did read a comment about him flapping....must have been flapping his arms to keep warm..

That says it all....you're commenting on something you actually haven't seen, but use some comment by god knows who....maybe watch the game, then have an objective opinion, rather than look for 'any' possible negative to bash Bravo with, coz it suits the media agenda.

I haven't said much about Aguero recently? You sure???
Think it was Leo, BB or TMG who commented on the fact that I said if we got £60m, we should sell and that I'd changed my stance recently on him (maybe 14 days ago?)...but hey, choose my stances to suit your agenda!!
Razz  Razz  Razz
Did Yaya have a decent game? Did you mention him at all? Did Kev have a decent game? You've been slagging him off for a while now and maybe praising him doesn't suit your agenda either.
KDB was garbage in the first half. Made two assists but overall, was OK, rather than a stand out player like Vinny or Ota. Yes, he made two assists, but it's become expected of a player of his quality - something he hasn't been doing regularly. See he's now the most assist maker in the PL - so well done KDB.

As for TLMLF.....2 goals since he came back into the team 6 months ago? No, he's still a sideways passer...he didn't have a great game and no, he just plodded along at his own pace all game. However, I'll remember to make a mention of EVERY single player next time in my comments during the game, just like you do (oh wait!)..
.. Sleep

So.....you didn't even see the first half, but make judgement on things someone is saying who actually watched the whole game?  cheers  cheers  cheers

Build a bridge......and get over it. Bravo did OK, so did Navas...oh, and Pep, you know, the shit, clueless Manager who's 'underwhelmed', got it spot on today.
 affraid  affraid  affraid  affraid
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Strange Blue Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:56 pm

Seriously though you cant argue with 3-0 regardless of the oppostion in the Prem & Southhampton are a decent mid table team. What has cost us this season our home peformances way too many draws e.g 1-1 to southhampton at home. etc. It sort of puzzels me, but I still see a lot of positives going into next season
Strange Blue
Strange Blue
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:04 am

Agree SB.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:01 am

Excellent second half.  Kev was back to his old self - Silva's pass to him and then Kev's to Sane was a joy to behold.  Vinnie looked solid and I loved that he got the first goal.  Navas was excellent too - in fact they all turned up this week.  Really pleased with the performance and I'm sure Pep is too.  Saints away is not an easy place to play - and didn't expect 3 goals - clean sheet too.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:21 am

blueboy wrote:WTF are you on about??? Razz Razz Razz

More supposition and speculation.

I think I made my points pretty clear 'in reply to what YOU posted'.....see my replies in BOLD, to your comments.

As I said, I'm not a media lemming who keeps using the fact that Joe Hart isn't here for City being where they are.....if you actually bothered to look at the goals Bravo conceded this season, you'd see that at least 70% of them, Joe Hart wouldn't have saved...but again, it looks good for the media-stat agenda to say....."that's 7 shots faced, 7 goals conceded"...easy target. Instead of looking at the stats, look at the actual goals conceded and ask yourself if any of them, or even some of them, were actually a mistake by Bravo! instead of running out the same old same old...blame Bravo and not the fact we've missed chance after chance after chance.

If you want to take the leaders, Chelsea for example, with a keeper who is classed as one of the best in world football.....let's take a look at the goals he's conceded recently:

Bournemouth - 1-3
City 1-2
Palace 1-2
Stoke 1-2
WHU 1-2
Swansea 1-3
Burnley 1-1
Arsenal 1-3
LFC 1-1
To name the last number of games.....but no-one blames Courtiois for them conceding goals or berate him. Difference is, Chelsea were clinical, that's what won them these games.

Name me 1 game recently where we've conceded a goal by a keepers mistake (Bravo in particular) that lost us the game???

As for being out of position for a goal against Hull.....are you really, I mean really, going to single out Navas in a game we won 3-1, as some kind of culprit???? Really????? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes If so, go back and name the other culprits who we lost goals from at RB this season - you'll be here all week FFS!

Who's talking about Bravo's stats except you? I said he didn't seem to have much to do today, though I did read a comment about him flapping....must have been flapping his arms to keep warm..

That says it all....you're commenting on something you actually haven't seen, but use some comment by god knows who....maybe watch the game, then have an objective opinion, rather than look for 'any' possible negative to bash Bravo with, coz it suits the media agenda.

I haven't said much about Aguero recently? You sure???
Think it was Leo, BB or TMG who commented on the fact that I said if we got £60m, we should sell and that I'd changed my stance recently on him (maybe 14 days ago?)...but hey, choose my stances to suit your agenda!!
Razz  Razz  Razz
KDB was garbage in the first half. Made two assists but overall, was OK, rather than a stand out player like Vinny or Ota. Yes, he made two assists, but it's become expected of a player of his quality - something he hasn't been doing regularly. See he's now the most assist maker in the PL - so well done KDB.

As for TLMLF.....2 goals since he came back into the team 6 months ago? No, he's still a sideways passer...he didn't have a great game and no, he just plodded along at his own pace all game. However, I'll remember to make a mention of EVERY single player next time in my comments during the game, just like you do (oh wait!)..
.. Sleep

So.....you didn't even see the first half, but make judgement on things someone is saying who actually watched the whole game?  cheers  cheers  cheers

Build a bridge......and get over it. Bravo did OK, so did Navas...oh, and Pep, you know, the shit, clueless Manager who's 'underwhelmed', got it spot on today.
 affraid  affraid  affraid  affraid
And that people is a rant
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:48 am

Which is it to be? Navas was ok or was he motm? Take your pick and let us know. I saw plenty of highlights and bravo must have made some great saves that didn't make the highlights. I only saw the header straight at him. Even you would have saved that. The same way you could do 45 sideways passes during the game. Maybe you should get in touch with Pep as he's playing Yaya when you know better. From the 2nd half which I saw and the highlights of the 1st half, the defence didn't have all that much to do. 
I'll reserve my judgement on Navas until we play Arsenal next weekend.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:49 am

And it wouldn't hurt you to stop putting words into other people's mouths.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:59 am

[quote="Topdawg"]And it wouldn't hurt you to stop putting words into other people's mouths.

You mean your words, as they we're directly copied from your post: I just replied...  Razz Razz
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:17 am

Topdawg wrote:Which is it to be? Navas was ok or was he motm? Take your pick and let us know. I saw plenty of highlights and bravo must have made some great saves that didn't make the highlights. I only saw the header straight at him. Even you would have saved that. The same way you could do 45 sideways passes during the game. Maybe you should get in touch with Pep as he's playing Yaya when you know better. From the 2nd half which I saw and the highlights of the 1st half, the defence didn't have all that much to do. 
I'll reserve my judgement on Navas until we play Arsenal next weekend.

Your first question: Which is it to be...Navas was OK or was he MOTM? Are these 'your' only 2 options? He couldn't possibly be good? Very Happy

Your second point: you talk about Bravo making saves you didn't see on TV. I don't ever remember reading any claims from me, that Bravo made a load of saves (your words in my mouth: Razz )...I simply pointed out the fact that he kept a clean sheet, made 2 saves that ruins the media's 7 shots, 7 goals stat...yet you immediately pointed out that he passed a ball 'once' all game to a Soton player therefore making a mistake - Didn't you see the fucking awful pass he made to one of their players? As some on BT Sport said, it's not worth the risk.
Your words, not mine.
Why do that if you have no agenda?
As for flapping at a ball....not sure when he did that, I watched the whole game. He came out and punched a cross - maybe you were thinking of Joe Hart's 2 mistakes the other week in their 2-2 draw, one being a flap and miss at a cross? scratch

The defence didn't have all that much to do? There were plenty of tackles, clearances, headers by the defence during the game. The possession stats show that Soton had 42% of the ball and 8 shots. I remember Vinny, Otamendi and Navas making several good challenges and clearances.

As for reserving judgement on Navas...I'm not sure anyone on here is claiming Navas is the answer, but he did OK last week at RB and did well yesterday going both ways.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:58 am

I give you two option for Navas because those are what YOU said. At the end of the game, you are touting him for MotM and later on you said he played ok. Which is it? Is ok enough to be touted for MotM these days?

It's obvious that you don't understand sarcasm and you are regularly 'on about' the agendas of people on here.

I stand by my point about Bravo and passing it out at the back. It's not worth the scant rewards over the risks. Maybe with better players that can actually do it, it might be different.

Why are you suddenly bothered about stats? Kev's stats show that he provided two assists yesterday. Most people would be impressed, but you refer to him being garbage in the first half. Objectivity at its finest! Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

8 shots eh? How many on target? 42% of the ball, but where? Soton haven't beaten a top 8 team this season, so I hear.

Slagging Yaya off in a comfortable 3-0 win? I wonder who has the agenda?

But it's all about opinions. You are entitled to your and I am entitled to mine.

Oh, and it's taken Pep how long to figure out that a winger as wingback can work (something that Conte did with Moses probably about 6 months ago). I'm not having a dig at Pep here, but why not tell it as it is?
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:00 am

Topdawg wrote:I give you two option for Navas because those are what YOU said. At the end of the game, you are touting him for MotM and later on you said he played ok. Which is it? Is ok enough to be touted for MotM these days?

If you actually read what I posted.....I said Navas, Vinny or Ota for MOTM.....but you omit the other two names and try to directly quote me.  Wink

It's obvious that you don't understand sarcasm and you are regularly 'on about' the agendas of people on here.
It's easy in hindsight to say it was sarcasm (not sure which one of your comments was sarcasm, maybe all of them and it's my bad  Shocked ).

I stand by my point about Bravo and passing it out at the back. It's not worth the scant rewards over the risks. Maybe with better players that can actually do it, it might be different.
Guess it's a matter of opinions, playing out from the back and drawing 3/4 players out of position, or a big kick up the pitch in the hope Aguero can head it or get beyond the two CB's marking him.

Why are you suddenly bothered about stats? Kev's stats show that he provided two assists yesterday. Most people would be impressed, but you refer to him being garbage in the first half. Objectivity at its finest! Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
He was average in the first half, he gave the ball away a lot....maybe garbage was harsh on my part. And yes, I did praise him for having the best assists in the PL...but feel free again to drop that point. Razz

8 shots eh? How many on target? 42% of the ball, but where? Soton haven't beaten a top 8 team this season, so I hear.
42% is decent....it wasn't just in their half. I thought you watched the game? They put plenty of decent balls in our area, that were dealt with well by the defence.

Slagging Yaya off in a comfortable 3-0 win? I wonder who has the agenda?
I've had an agenda against TLMLF for the past 2 years - I'm not going to apologise for it....difference is, I'm open about it, I don't claim "it was sarcasm"....however, even with that agenda, I've managed to post positive comments about him this season - not many, but still tried to be objective. As for yesterday, he did what I said he did...passed sideways for the majority of the game.

But it's all about opinions. You are entitled to your and I am entitled to mine.

Oh, and it's taken Pep how long to figure out that a winger as wingback can work (something that Conte did with Moses probably about 6 months ago). I'm not having a dig at Pep here, but why not tell it as it is?
I am saying it as it is (Navas did well last week and this week - see comments by others)....you're the one moaning about Navas, not me....then make a comparison with Conte, but 'you're not having a go at Pep'.... Razz Razz Razz Razz #contradiction
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:28 pm

You said Navas played ok yet you touted him for MotM. you mentioned two other names. So you touted 3 for MotM. Then you later say Navas played ok. I'm hardly going to mention kompany and Ota after you've said that. Sometime you take the clutching at straws too far.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:04 pm

Sometimes you need to actually post something of any sense....that'd help.

My "OK" was in reply to your berating of him. Maybe I needed to have replied "I thought Navas was possibly MOTM alongside Kompany and Otamendi...just in case anyone mistakes what I say for something else".... Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:05 pm

Oh wait.....thought I actually did, but I guess I didn't refer to him in ANY OTHER POSTS as the MOTM.....my bad! Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:06 pm

Sorry, next time I'll clarify EVERY SINGLE post by what I said an hour earlier, so there are no ambiguities.

Maybe you should take your own advice. Wink Wink Wink Wink
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:12 pm

Just read where I said Navas did OK.....

You are actually going to use one comment I made on the back of Bravo, after everything else I said on this thread, which included Navas being up there as MOTM with Kompany and Otamendi.....to make it the whole point of your argument???

Bravo did OK, so did Navas.

FFS..... Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Jog on Dawg. Wink
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:23 pm

This one's for free.....seen as I'm the bad guy....

If you wanted to call me out....you should have focused on me calling others out on here for their 'agenda' against Bravo and Pep rather than the MOTM v OK comment..... Wink Wink Wink Wink

It's all debate.....happy to debate it with all members, not just you Dawg; if I'm way off the mark with what I said.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:16 pm

blueboy wrote:This one's for free.....seen as I'm the bad guy....

If you wanted to call me out....you should have focused on me calling others out on here for their 'agenda' against Bravo and Pep rather than the MOTM v OK comment..... Wink Wink Wink Wink

It's all debate.....happy to debate it with all members, not just you Dawg; if I'm way off the mark with what I said.
Ranty McRantface
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonchester Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:11 pm

haha,, I've got mi popcorn  :p
Moonchester
Moonchester
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:38 pm

Paulpowersleftfoot wrote:
blueboy wrote:This one's for free.....seen as I'm the bad guy....

Ranty McRantface

Was expecting something a little more cutting, especially for you Rich...you disappoint. Razz Razz Razz
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:04 pm

Well, he is in his late 40s now...
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend