Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Newcastle's new naming rights are huge EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 3:57 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Newcastle's new naming rights are huge EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Newcastle's new naming rights are huge EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Newcastle's new naming rights are huge EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Newcastle's new naming rights are huge EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Newcastle's new naming rights are huge EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Newcastle's new naming rights are huge EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Newcastle's new naming rights are huge EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Newcastle's new naming rights are huge EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Newcastle's new naming rights are huge EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

Top posting users this month
No user

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Newcastle's new naming rights are huge

+6
gratedbean
Wensdi
blueboy
johnsavitta
ONH
Topdawg
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Newcastle's new naming rights are huge Empty Newcastle's new naming rights are huge

Post by Topdawg Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:52 am

Newcastle have changed the name of their ground from St. James' Park to Direct Sports Arena and it is worth £8-£10M a year to them.

If that is allowed to stand then City's is a shoe in (was anyway). Platini must be tearing his hair out.

For all those Newky fans that aren't happy, they could just pay £200 extra on their season tickets every year.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Newcastle's new naming rights are huge Empty Re: Newcastle's new naming rights are huge

Post by ONH Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:35 pm

I hope United never sell out like you lot have, it would make me sick.

All that history gone, for money.

ONH
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Newcastle's new naming rights are huge Empty Re: Newcastle's new naming rights are huge

Post by Guest Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:04 pm

How long ago was Old Toilet built?

All that history? I thought we didn't have a history... also we move from main road to a new stadium not so long ago so the name change for us is nothing like the 100 year old Newcastle ground.

History is never lost by the way, you mams history but she always has a place in you heart and will never be forgotten, is that right? So you can't say our history is lost...

Also you are already the biggest sell out, you sold out to the bank for 1billion dollars you muppet.

Back to top Go down

Post by ONH Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:09 pm

City sold out, but it will always be known as the "council house" to us proper mancs.

So your alright.

ONH
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:22 pm

proper mancs... Smile

you could have fooled me... whatever you say pal, just keep up those payments to your true owner (aka the back you sold out to) Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by ONH Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:25 pm

yep proper mancs, not plastic oasis mancs from some mill town.

ONH
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:37 pm

well, you'll never be one but if it keeps you off the balcony its ok to pretend that you are one this blog. Sleep

Back to top Go down

Post by ONH Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:50 pm

sorry,proper mancs only in this thread.

Not parrot headed teenages from stockport.

ONH
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by johnsavitta Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:06 pm

Born in Wythenshawe, grew up in Middleton, live in London, what does that make me? Must still be a plastic aft6er 54 years as a bloue
johnsavitta
johnsavitta
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:07 pm

If you say so RWC... Sleep

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:22 pm

ONH wrote:yep proper mancs, not plastic oasis mancs from some mill town.

A rag quoting "proper mancs"............how ironic.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by johnsavitta Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:10 pm

I meet more rags where i live than i do when i visit my family in Manchester
johnsavitta
johnsavitta
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:01 pm

Show me one Geordie who will ever say "Sports Direct Arena" instead of St James Park and I'll sell you some chocolate teapots.

Can you see Anfield ever being called anything but Anfield. They'd be rioting in Liverpool.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:17 am

The Sun Sports Park....
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:01 pm

Were Oasis from Stockport?
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:18 am

They were from Burnage, weren't they?

And just to correct RWC: Oldham is a mill town. Rochdale is a mill town. Stockport is a millinery town - they made hats.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:25 am

Bend over ONH and take your correction the old school way
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:23 pm

ONH wrote:I hope United never sell out like you lot have, it would make me sick.

All that history gone, for money.

ONH you really are a plank, first of all we have no history we are trying to buy some at the moment where have you been hiding? Secondly we never changed the name of our historical home (Maine Road) we changed the name from Eastlands to The Etihad so how have we sold out?

Newcastle are selling their historical name 'St James Park' for money, thats a completely different issue than ours so get your facts right.Sleep
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:34 pm

I also grew up in Middleton before leaving the area but like many of my mates i grew up a blue and will always be a blue no matter where i live. ONH claims North Manchester areas like Blackley, Middleton and Moston are red Razz maybe half and half in Middleton, but the tide is changing and while we grow stronger and united are only doing well for periods each month, i think they will eventually change the name to the Tampax Stadium, appropriate also because it's full of bleeding C***s (sorry Wensdi) Had to be done.
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by ONH Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:40 pm

So acording to a blue on here "city have no history", ok you said not me, & its alright to change your ground name because its not your " historical home", so that means you can just change it again & again for more money so you'll never have a home?

Put whatever spin you want on it but the truth of the matter is you sold out for money, to bend the rules, thats all.

"& united are only doing well for periods each month" are you drunk, United have been doing very well for the last twenty odd years or have you just become a football fan again now city have come into money?

As for changing our name if that ever happened I would be gutted, Old Trafford speaks for its self, history written all over it unlike city who "have none", money cant buy that.

Oh I do know where oasis come from, just pointing out that a lot of "plastic mancs" follow them, they love city & m/c that much they fucked off to london as soon as they made any money, just like a lot on here really who dont live in manchester.

As for North M/C, ask any blues if live round here, dont take my word for it & by the way Mid come under Rochdale, not Manchester Razz

ONH
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:23 pm

Stadium naming rights, terrible adverts, each to their own really...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJ9Vh7KyOjg

Everything in football can be bought, and if someone put enough money under Glazer's nose to change the name on the swamp then he would, not as if your owners have a history of putting the fans at the centre is it.
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:47 pm

I was referring to uniteds current stuttering form not the last twenty years you moron. Only an idiot would refer to your last 20 years as less than impressive, do you deliberately mis-understand posts?
Explain how city changing names from Eastlands to the Etihad is selling our history Einstein? As for my comments regarding us having no history, that's common knowledge, we are told every day on forums by deadheads like you.
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:56 pm

ONH, you are just trying to be obtuse for the sake of it.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ONH Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:13 pm

ManCityMan wrote:I was referring to uniteds current stuttering form not the last twenty years you moron. Only an idiot would refer to your last 20 years as less than impressive, do you deliberately mis-understand posts?
Explain how city changing names from Eastlands to the Etihad is selling our history Einstein? As for my comments regarding us having no history, that's common knowledge, we are told every day on forums by deadheads like you.

dont turn this on me you, it was YOU that said city had no history, not me.

As for Uniteds "stuttering form" jesus its November, were second in the league, not playing that well at the moment but what does that say?

I love the way you try to turn your shite posts on to me, love it.

"no history" Razz

ONH
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by ONH Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:16 pm

Topdawg wrote:ONH, you are just trying to be obtuse for the sake of it.

what is it with you at the moment, you point out the times that I post on here (what does it matter) & now your saying I'am being "obtuse" just because I dont agree with a post that was directed at me Evil or Very Mad

ONH
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:44 pm

There is a big difference between changing the name of old grounds like st James Pk,Anfield etc which have a century of history and sentimentality attached and new grounds like city's.Commercially it's a nobrainer with platinis bullshit rules soon to be implemented.With regards to Utd,they really need to stay as successful as ever just to be able to service the debt the hills have eyes family have bestowed on them,last seasons CL run alone netted them £45million.So a couple of poor seasons,which are certainly not impossible as their squad is as poor as we've seen it for a decade,may well leave utd hawking the naming rights of the swamp,I'm sure the camera manufacturers will be queuing up.
By the way of course RWC is being obtuse,if I was on some shitty rag forum I would be an objectionable cunt myself so can hardly moan when he's trying to wind people up on ours.
Hes still a cunt though Twisted Evil
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by ONH Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:59 pm

how shit would it be on here without me.

ONH
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:06 pm

What will you change your username to when you put your camera away and join the enlightened?
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by ONH Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:43 pm

Paulpowersleftfoot wrote:What will you change your username to when you put your camera away and join the enlightened?

Glory hunter, Bitter, Mill Town Plastic manc, Stockport blue, ect ect ect

ONH
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:40 pm

Surely the first two would be more appropriate whilst you still support United, and the second two would only apply if you actually live in Stockport...
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by ONH Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:48 pm

I'am a manc & most football supporters from Manchester support United, thats just how it is, its not my fault or yours its just how the cookie crumbles.

United have massive support not just in Manchester but all over the world, thats through our history something acording to a blue on here city dont have.

Money cant buy that.

ONH
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:56 pm

The cookie in your head perhaps, unless you've asked the 500,000 or so people that live in Manchester who they support, in which case I'd be interested to read your study.

You are correct in saying you have had worldwide fans throughout your history though, well, for the 99% of reds who's book of 'Manchester United & It's History' begins at the start of the 90s.
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:59 pm

Owned!
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:01 pm

by the hills have eyes
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:10 pm

An avatar for RWC?
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by ONH Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:24 pm

the thing with city fans is you just cant face the truth, the truth hurts eh lads.

Just keep telling yourselfs that Manchester is blue, yet most of you lot on here dont even come from Manchester Razz

ONH
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:39 pm

oh the irony, a plastic prawn sandwich munching obsessive rag telling us we are not from manchester! Wink

really just take a look at yourself... you are pathetic, why come here? its beyond everyones comprehension... tell us why???? and dont respond to my question with the usual question of "oh well I am not allowed to post..." .... yes you are allowed to post, no one is questioning that.

The question is WHY oh WHy oh WHY!?!? We are waiting...

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:39 pm

"Just keep telling yourselfs that Manchester is blue"

Not really, I just wouldn't be daft enough to make a comment either way without having anything to back it up other than personal experiences.

Out of all my family, four of them are blue, two are red, but one of the reds is in Urmston and the other is in Whitehaven. But then out of my mates only two of us are blues and the rest are all reds, but then only two of us have season tickets (any guesses for which club?).

So by applying your logic to myself I'd say Manchester is blue with a lot of plastic reds, whether they were born in St Marys, Wythenshawe, Crumpsall or whatever, doesn't mean I'm right, certainly doesn't involve any cookies though.

Would it ease your mind if we have a thread dedicated to posting photocopies of birth certificates?
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:43 pm

Or a thread about cookies
I miss abbey crunch
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:47 pm

Born at Manchester Royal - brought up in Wythenshawe for 17 years. Never lived in Manchester really since then - pretty much overseas until the past 6 years, in which it's been Chester.

Born n bred Manc according to ONH.....but to be fair, couldn't give a shit - I've lived most of my life outside of Manchester, but due to my upbringing in Wythy, it seems to qualify me as a true Manc?????? Bollocks. Yes, I am a Manc at heart.....but am I really?
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ONH Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:26 pm

Personal Gsus wrote:oh the irony, a plastic prawn sandwich munching obsessive rag telling us we are not from manchester! Wink

really just take a look at yourself... you are pathetic, why come here? its beyond everyones comprehension... tell us why???? and dont respond to my question with the usual question of "oh well I am not allowed to post..." .... yes you are allowed to post, no one is questioning that.

The question is WHY oh WHy oh WHY!?!? We are waiting...

I was invited.

ONH
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:26 pm

Obviously the questions need newtons seal of approval as he is King Manc, but by answering them we can work out an accurate percentage for each member on this site of just 'how Manc' they truly are. This percentage can then be displayed for all to see, those with higher percentages automatically overrule those with lower percentages if a dispute arises, no matter how ridiculous or bizzare what they are saying is.

1. You must have been born within the confines of the City of Manchester, whether this be in a hospital, home or other (please state), that is fine, but you must have been born in the confines of the city to pass on to question two.

2. Do you still live in the confines of the city, no true Manc would ever leave the city for a period of more than one month. Those who move out of the city to places like Wilmslow, Alderly Edge and Hale after years of solid graft are particularily looked down upon.

3. Were your parents both born in Manchester. This is essential as we don't want any crossovers or halfbreeds polluting our gene pool.

4. Do you support either City or United, of course there are other smaller clubs in the area, but true Mancs support one of these two.

5. Do you like Oasis, if yes then you are not a true Manc. This is a simple yes or no question, no "I liked them up until Be Here Now" bollocks.

6. Have you ever been to Liverpool? Despite being our rivals, visiting Liverpool is ok, you are just obliged to slag it off upon your return to Manchester.

7. Do you use the phrase "do you know what I mean?" at least 20 times a day.

8. The only place you have ever been to abroad is Spain.

9. You have not worn Adidas trainers since the 1990s.

10. You enjoy curry and eat in Rusholme at least once a month.
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:38 pm

I'm a 50%er.
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:56 pm

not born in manchester (not even born in england).

neither parent born in manchester.

lived in oldham and rochdale. supported city since i was about 5 (cos my cousin did).

got more city shirts than my wife is happy with and love wearing them as there is absolutely nothing wrong with a grown man wearing a footy top.

live in france now but still have my house in rochdale for my now infrequent visits back to blighty (anyone want to buy a house in rochdale?).

does that make me a 10%er
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:22 pm

1 yes
2 no
3 yes
4 yes
5 no they're shit
6 yes
7 no
8 no
9 no
10 yes
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by ONH Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:09 am

gratedbean wrote:Obviously the questions need newtons seal of approval as he is King Manc, but by answering them we can work out an accurate percentage for each member on this site of just 'how Manc' they truly are. This percentage can then be displayed for all to see, those with higher percentages automatically overrule those with lower percentages if a dispute arises, no matter how ridiculous or bizzare what they are saying is.

1. You must have been born within the confines of the City of Manchester, whether this be in a hospital, home or other (please state), that is fine, but you must have been born in the confines of the city to pass on to question two.

2. Do you still live in the confines of the city, no true Manc would ever leave the city for a period of more than one month. Those who move out of the city to places like Wilmslow, Alderly Edge and Hale after years of solid graft are particularily looked down upon.

3. Were your parents both born in Manchester. This is essential as we don't want any crossovers or halfbreeds polluting our gene pool.

4. Do you support either City or United, of course there are other smaller clubs in the area, but true Mancs support one of these two.

5. Do you like Oasis, if yes then you are not a true Manc. This is a simple yes or no question, no "I liked them up until Be Here Now" bollocks.

6. Have you ever been to Liverpool? Despite being our rivals, visiting Liverpool is ok, you are just obliged to slag it off upon your return to Manchester.

7. Do you use the phrase "do you know what I mean?" at least 20 times a day.

8. The only place you have ever been to abroad is Spain.

9. You have not worn Adidas trainers since the 1990s.

10. You enjoy curry and eat in Rusholme at least once a month.

1 yes

2 yes

3 yes

4 yes

5 no

6 yes, many a time

7 yes

8 no

9 yes, although the old 80s dublins/berlins/stockholms/berns ect are still the best

10 yes love curry but eat local or in town, do you know what I mean.

ONH
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:40 am

How does a topic about Newcastle's naming rights turn into an argument about who is the better Manc?

Simple. Just add RWC!

Anyway, on to the point I was going to make... I went to a car boot sale at Bowlers last weekend and the sheer quantity of old United merchandise on sale was staggering! And I didn't find a single, solitary piece of City stuff. Nor did I find any cheap computer gear, which was the only reason I ventured that close to the toilet in the first place. Maybe I should go on Saturday instead, when the computer fair is on...
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:04 pm

ONH wrote:
As for North M/C, ask any blues if live round here, dont take my word for it & by the way Mid come under Rochdale, not Manchester Razz

Keep your smillie son, it was Manchester when i grew up there, it moved under Rochdale Council in the seventies after the boundary changes,it might come under Rochdale Council now but i was born in Manchester and it's still only 7 miles to Manchester City centre, almost as far as the swamp.
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:15 pm

ONH wrote: yet most of you lot on here dont even come from Manchester Razz

I love the way you think you have said something funny and add a laughter smillie, so if most of us on here don't "come from Manchester" where do we come from? and can you name which ones you refer to as "most on here"? I thought not.

Incidentally, i know that you did not miss the irony when i referred to City having no history because i was referring to all the wums like you telling us that since we became the richest club in the world. But if it makes you feel happy to think that i actually believe it then please go ahead.Rolling Eyes
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next