Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Mancini - dead man walking? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:51 am by Jwils2710

» Pep’s at it again
Mancini - dead man walking? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Mancini - dead man walking? EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Mancini - dead man walking? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Mancini - dead man walking? EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Mancini - dead man walking? EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Mancini - dead man walking? EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Mancini - dead man walking? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Mancini - dead man walking? EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Mancini - dead man walking? EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Mancini - dead man walking?

+4
volleyballissport
TMG
shakencity
Paulpowersleftfoot
8 posters

Go down

Mancini - dead man walking? Empty Mancini - dead man walking?

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:09 am

Yet another wretched performance when our superstars are outbattled by a supposedly inferior team and the triumvirate of coaching numpties don't have the wit between them to sort it out.Just to go to Everton with the very idea that it will be an "easier game" is such a worrying comment by mancini it beggars belief.A game we all know was crying out for battlers like Zabaleta and De Jong who enjoy the physical side of it but Mancini plays the wretched Dzeko who proves white men can't jump and the largely ineffective Nasri who just flits in and out of the game.Dzeko in particular is a strange decision to start and he was basically stealing money last night,a disgusting performance it was from him.They don't deserve the unswerving support we gave them last night at Goodison Pk paying £35 quid to see only one goal,the other was blocked by a stantion in the scouse shithole
If Mancini doesn't steer us to the title I think his position (and hopefully the odious platt)will be untenable and the spectre of Mourinho looms larger than ever in the background.Granted I've never been a fan of Mancini to be honest but it's clearer to me week by week that the man is simply not up to the job.
This isn't a knee jerk reaction to another bad result as I don't think we've played well for months now,even the 3-0 home win against Liverpool was a very flattering result of a poor performance
NB Coolenglishbob - just my opinion pal and before you ask I'm not a rag either

Last edited by Paulpowersleftfoot on Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:16 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : General poor spelling)
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Mancini - dead man walking? Empty Re: Mancini - dead man walking?

Post by shakencity Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:48 am

As i've said in previous posts Rich, imo if RM doesn't win the PL he'll be gone. He's supposed to have assembled a top notch squad, but it didn't seem that strong last night. I know there are various reasons why a few players are missing but every other club has player problems too. I accept it's easy to criticise when you've lost but to bring Kolarov and NDJ on when you're chasing a game and put your LB at RB does surely question his thinking.

RM was on GMR this morning and i couldn't believe what i heard "i thought it would have been an easier game", then he contradicted himself by saying "but Everton away is always difficult". When will he realise you CANNOT underestimate anyone, you have to treat everyone as equals, whether it be Wigan, Wolves, Man Utd or Chelsea.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:09 am

Manmanagement is still an issue for me
Would we be a better side with Bellamy Adebeyor and Tevez busting a gut for us or Dzeko Balotelli and Nasri?
Not a tricky one
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:33 am

Bellamy & Tevez granted but Adebayor bust a gut do me a favour

Last night we put out as strong a team as we have bar Yaya & many were calling for him to be dropped before ACON

This performance & those for the last 5 or 6 weeks are very worrying. If we can't get at least a point from Everton when they had 1/2 their best players out there is something seriously wrong !!!
United have Ashley Young, Rooney, Cleverley, Anderson, Jones, Vidic & others back in the remaining weeks of the season. We have Yaya & SMB to come back. Might go down to the bookies today & put some money on the Rags to win the PL coz we won't be
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by volleyballissport Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:49 am

Has any team ever won the PL without a poor run of form (even the invincibles had a run of draws)?
Look on the positive side - we've had undoubtedly our worst series of matches and we're still top of the league.
Hopefully last night will give us a much needed kick up the arse and with, what on paper looks like, 5 winnable matches coming up we could get back to being a few points clear again before the end of the month. However, if we don't get at least 11 points from those 5 matches (should be looking for 15 but Fulham and Villa have caused us problems in the past) then I reckon we'll be in trouble. Until then let's just wait and see.
Knee-jerk reactions are never a good thing.
Astounded by the fact that the bloody toffees are responsible for more than 25% of RM's defeats since he came to Wngland !!
volleyballissport
volleyballissport
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:44 pm

You will never get a technically good side with Everton, I mean that Drenthe lad was awful, poor tackling and dived all the time, but they will always put up a fight, and we just didn't match them for that fight last night.

Considering we're top of the league you'd expect us to be going out chomping at the bit, but we didn't, and we ended up chasing a game playing a style of play that doesn't suit us in the slightest.

If Mancini doesn't figure out how to beat sides who defend to the death soon then we will not win the league. Simple as. You would think that being clinical from set pieces would be a way to do this, but how poor were our corners last night? Beating the first man in a corner is school boy stuff.

We are still in a strong position, but the players need a rocket up their arses, we've been mediocre for weeks now.
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:59 pm

We shouldn't know as supporters as soon as we see the team sheet that we are going to be in trouble and the management be oblivious of it.
Did anybody believe when they saw Kolorov and Savic on the team sheet at Liverpool that we would be going to Wembley?
As soon as I saw Dzeko was playing last night I feared the worst
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:06 pm

Thing is we've been saying the same thing for weeks. 'Hopefully it will be a much needed kick up the backside' BUT after defeats at Sunderland & against the Rags & Racistpool & now Everton & a shit performance against Wigan perhaps their bruised sore arses are why the players are playing so badly

All the players need to up their performances & man up, Mancini needs to stop winging about bad luck & start turning round this weekly garbage. That's what he is paid to do, not come out with stupid comments like we underprepared for the Everton game thinking it would be easier ! Twot !
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:55 pm

That underprepared comment is shocking.

He has been having a bit of a whinge in the papers in recent weeks and I wonder how much of that filters down into the players. There's no bite, will or determination, as if the whole world is against us.

We need galvansising, the players need to wake up and realise that only 15 games they could be lifting the title. I'm confident when we're at home, but away from home, something is missing.
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:45 pm

TMG is right. We've been saying the same thing about backside kickings since the useless draw against West Brom and that was weeks ago. We haven't shown anything to suggest we're moving forwards and in some respects we're going backwards: Save for the second half spirit of the FA Cup game, I've not seen us display any of the team spirit we had in the first couple of months of the season.

In fact, it's all been looking shaky since we were beaten by Chelsea. Some people were saying that our season ended with that defeat and we all laughed. Only now, I suspect they were right. Last night, I thought we were missing Yaya. On reflection, we're missing the team spirit that drove us through September and October.

Even Bobby's demeanour has changed. He's gone from having that debonair swagger to being as whiny as Gollum or Wenger. He needs to cut that out, sort out the lads and get us back on track. We've got Fulham next, a team that has become a real bogey for us and if we lose that, we could be off the top. We need a performance, a really big one.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by coolenglishbob Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:29 pm

How can we go from a team that was scoring for fun into a team that cannot score, in a matter of two months?The only player we are missing is Yaya and surely he has not been the cause.Aguerro looks like he is scared of doing the things he did before Xmas.He is still getting in the positions to score, but his ability seems to have deserted him.He should be on 25/30 goals already IMO.
If Bobby does not turn it around quickly we are in deep Dodo,NDJ should be back in the middle ,and why he took Milner off last night is a real mystery,he gives 100% every game,and that is what we need . Sad

coolenglishbob
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:08 pm

I can't understand that one either, Bob. It all seems to stem from when we were on top against Chelsea and with a swagger, and then lost. I thought it would stop us getting complacent, but all that seems to have happened is our nerves are getting the better of us.

In fairness, we'd been wasting chances for fun well before the Chelsea game, but back then it didn't mater. But that game showed us that wasting chances would cost us games. Perhaps the issue is that the attacking players are now wary of wasting the opportunities and instead are looking for that golden chance. And in the process, watching their goal tallies stall and it's making them lose confidence.

Look at the games we've won with a big scoreline since then: the 3-0 to a Stoke side that didn't turn up and should've been done for a cricket score. And the 3-0 against Liverpool which hugely flattered us. Every other game has been an edgy, nervous display and we've been lucky.

Hopefully we can turn this around, but we need to get those forward players hitting the target again or we're going to go on a slide.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:25 pm

It's coincided with us playing slowly in midfield and missing great early chances. Now, I was one who was calling for Yaya to be dropped, but the way the others haven't picked up the opportunity to impress (though Nasri has shown more glimpses lately), maybe he really is an important player for us - maybe he gives the others confidence.......i'm really baffled why we have dropped in intensity...but then again, as mentioned in other posts, I think we have had a run of awful decisions that HAVE affected team confidence.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by coolenglishbob Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:24 pm

I agree that our confidence is shot,but the best way to recover it is some good old fashioned football like we were playing two months ago.We have had some ludicrous decisions but so have other teams,and that is the FA's fault and they are not going to admit anything is wrong with their system.
I go along with Leo and hope that we can turn things around and get the goal scorers back on track Sad

coolenglishbob
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down