Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Great Result - This was more than 3 points. EmptyYesterday at 8:43 pm by Wensdi

» Pep’s at it again
Great Result - This was more than 3 points. EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Great Result - This was more than 3 points. EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Great Result - This was more than 3 points. EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Great Result - This was more than 3 points. EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Great Result - This was more than 3 points. EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Great Result - This was more than 3 points. EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Great Result - This was more than 3 points. EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Great Result - This was more than 3 points. EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Great Result - This was more than 3 points. EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Great Result - This was more than 3 points.

+6
Topdawg
shakencity
Plays By Sense Of Smell
coolenglishbob
Bewar3them00n
blueboy
10 posters

Go down

Great Result - This was more than 3 points. Empty Great Result - This was more than 3 points.

Post by blueboy Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:51 pm

Thought we were great for 15 minute periods in the game - and totally deserved the 3 points.

Personally, i thought Chelsea were shit.

Balotelli was woeful and deserved being subbed.

Nasri - i had my doubts, but as i've said in previous posts, he may need a season under his belt. He had a good game - but he really needs to do that every game.

Silva - what has happened to him? I really think it must be his ankle that he has complained about all season - must be catching up with him as he has been pretty average in the last 6 games. Maybe time to rest him for the final 5 game push.

Yaya - so much better in the final third than at CMF.

Thought Micah was immense tonight...gave Torres and Drogba, when he came on - sweet FA.

Great finish from Nasri - what a ball from Tevez!

Thought Aguero AGAIN - was magnificent. Never, ever gives up.

1 POINT RAGS............1-0 down to win 2-1 showed we have the fight.

Come Saturday, we'll be back top and 2 in front.....OVER TO YOU LOT. JOB WELL AND TRULY DONE TONIGHT...WELL DONE BOYS.

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Great Result - This was more than 3 points. Empty Re: Great Result - This was more than 3 points.

Post by Guest Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:24 pm

Ditto

Back to top Go down

Great Result - This was more than 3 points. Empty Re: Great Result - This was more than 3 points.

Post by Bewar3them00n Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:28 pm

Agree, Mario will be sub for the next few games, he's been shite for the past 4 games or so, poor touch, poor finishing has cost us, and, but for a genius goal, it could have again.
Dzeko to start in front of him for the next few games, Tevez will be sub and keep coming on until 100%
Stoke saturday, big game needed from all our players.
Come On City!
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by coolenglishbob Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:30 pm

Regardless of our thoughts on Tevez,he really is a class footballer when it matters.His ball to Nasri oozed perfection.Great win,but we are still too slow at going forward.The Chelsea defence had all the time in the world to get behind the ball when we had possession.The only one who attacked was Yaya.
David Silva needs a rest,he is looking all washed out,but Nasri looked the part,and Tevez needs more time.I still like Dzeko,he puts more effort in than Balotelli,and it showed. Smile

coolenglishbob
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Plays By Sense Of Smell Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:50 pm

Now that we are getting some crosses in Dzeko is tjte man. We are not pulling them back as we did earlier in the year so we need his power/height/long leg to get onto them. It's the correct practice to get round the back of bus parkers but obviously the quality of the balls in can be better. Overall, we kept going - Champion spirit. Everyone did a shift tonight - even Balo tho he was crud.

Have to admit I wanted to sub Nasri but fair's fair, lovely finish. reminded me of Peter Barnes vs Pat Jennings - GET IN!
Plays By Sense Of Smell
Plays By Sense Of Smell
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:21 am

I actually thought Nasri was MOM last night, never though i'd ever be saying that, and he thouroughly deserved his goal. Thought the back 4 were all superb and allowed Chelski kak all, Drogba starting on the bench obviously helped.

I'd still be happier if Yaya didn't keep dropping so deep all the time, we're much better when he's further up field running at people. Silva's gone off the boil big time but we can't rest him now, he's still got that extra bit of talent we need.

Don't care if i upset anyone here, but Balotelli can just fuck right off now. Another lazy and disinterested "can't be arsed" performance, we just can't carry anyone at this stage of the season, so Roberto do the right thing please.

I feared the worst when they scored but City actually showed that fighting quality and desire to win i really hoped they possessed. I know there are tough games coming up, but this performance has given me the fresh hope that we might just be able to take the title scrap down to the wire.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:35 am

Last night's effort is the minimum required every game from now on if we are to win the title.

I agree Shaken - Balotelli should warm the bench from now on and be used whenever needed - that was awful last night, no effort, no desire - and if he doesn't put the ball in the net, what's the point of him being there?
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:14 am

exactly bluey. for all od=f dzeko's lack of ball control, you can't question his work rate.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:40 am

Agree with all, balo only played because he could score now he cant even score what should be for him a simple one on one with the keeper, at least dzeko works hard and scores one on ones.
Balo was nervous, petulant and lazy. Bitching to his team mates for no reason... He hasnt changed, get rid in summer, we cant afford luxaury players.
I watched cavani defend as the last defender to prevent a certain goal, thats what we need, players that dont sulk and put in a shift and are talented.

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:00 am

Like everyone else, I can't disagree. I felt Nasri was MOM last night, he looked properly on his game, he even moved forwards quickly, put in some decent passes and was unlucky with his chipped shot in the first half.

Balotelli was a big let-down though. One on one with the keeper and he didn't score, and that was as much as he did all night. He looks like he can't be bothered, we should ditch him ASAP as he isn't living up to the hype. He's not even as good as Samaras, at least he had a better attitude.

Silva is definitely carrying a knock. A few weeks ago, I'd take an 80% fit Silva over anyone in the PL. But a 50% fit Silva isn't looking quite so special; not as fast, isn't turning as well, and his passing is getting dreadful. It's sad to see him in this slump, but I can't help but feel that if we keep playing him, we'll just sap his remaining confidence and next year he won't he half the player he's been this year. I suggest resting him against Stoke at the very least, and not just because someone like Cattermole or Huth will end up killing him.

Everyone else put in a decent shift. No complaints about the back 4, although Kolo looked a bit nervy at times. Richards was solid and Zaba was as reliable as ever.

And most of all, I'm impressed by the team spirit and the crowd support. Apart from those melons who walked out when Tevez came on. What planks!
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by coolenglishbob Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:18 pm

Tevez looked ok last night,I just wish he had the attitude of Aguerro and Zabaletta,they were fantastic. Smile

coolenglishbob
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:48 pm

Agree. Especially regarding Zab, he deserves every plaudit we can throw at him.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:44 pm

Nasri certainly took his "matchday" pills - he was awesome. Think Zab is under-rated just like Barry has been. Barry didn't have his best game last night but who cares he's certainly proved his worth time and time again. Milner is another one who puts a shift in for us every match and to some extent YaYa especially going forward. It's players like Mario who don't really give a rats about the shirt. Trips over his own ego most matches.

Don't really care now whether CT stays or goes - as long as he performs like he always has - and gives us a realistic shot at beating Utd to the title.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by ONH Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:57 pm

City beat a very poor Chelsea team on the night at home, like most people thought you would do.

Only because Chelsea somehow went a goal up is this result being "played up", its away from home I think you might have problems.

By the way I think you will beat Stoke but I also thint United will beat Fulham on Monday night, fingers crossed that is.

ONH
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:04 pm

Thanks for the insightful comments ONH. Duh

Think you meant to say Utd beat a very poor Wolves side last week. Goodnight
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:18 pm

Maybe so, but then they also thought we'd beat Chelsea at theirs and go on to win the league without losing a single game. I don't take any stock in "other" people as they tend to have their own agenda. In this case, it's "Oh, well you should've beaten Chelsea because they are rubbish", in spite of the fact they've won 4 games on the spin and we've just come through a spell of being dumped out of the EL, losing again and surrendering the top spot.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:04 pm

Stoke is a must win game for us, as UTD will be playing, one of the worst teams away from home, I expect another goalfest from them, unless Fulham can somehow get their act together away from home.
Yes, our big test will be away from home, get the ball moving quickly, round the back and into the box for our strikers, none of the ponderousness that has affected us of late, if the last few games has shown anything, it's that a high tempo gets us results, we obviously can't keep it up all game, so we have to make it count.
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:35 pm

They are all must win games now though aren't they - not just Stoke.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:15 pm

Definitely Wensdi - all cup finals from now on in.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:41 am

I said the other night win against Chelsea and Stoke and we will win the league. I really do think that. 1 down and 1 to go. Then even if we drop points against Arsenal we are still in touch come the Derby. Whoever is in front after that will win.

SIMPLES .........

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:50 am

I don't know why, but i honestly think the Stoke game'll be harder than the Arsenal one. I feel Arsenal will show us a bit more respect than Stoke, which'll allow us a bit more time and freedom with the ball.

Arsenal play a similar way to City with the technical players they have but i feel we have the better players and will come out on top, whereas Stoke will no doubt try to rough up and bully a couple of our big names. If we give as good as we get against them and show the same desire and commitment as the last game, then there's no reason why we can't come home with 6pts.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by AMillionDifferentPeople Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:07 am

Agreed Den, pulis will send his players out to 'unsettle us' (ie. kick the shit out of us). If we get a strong ref then we should win it.
AMillionDifferentPeople
AMillionDifferentPeople
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:50 pm

Slow, slow team.........Aguero will twist their back 4 all over the place. Add the possibility of Tevez as well.

Penalty - guaranteed.

As for out-muscle - well i saw Aguero out jump and out-muscle Essien, Cahill, Luiz and Mikel the other night - he can look after himself and with Dzeko's height, he ensure a few knock-downs for the likes of Nasri and Yaya to run on to.

Keep the faith boys - is our title.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ONH Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:20 pm

right thats it then, city have won the league.

ONH
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:17 pm

that's right dick-wad. see how your 'main men' feel the need to remind us that you are top - currently and that you have all this experience in the run-in. will matter for fuck all......we'll beat u at ours and that's all that will count for the title.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ONH Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:16 pm

that's right dick-wad. see how your 'main men' feel the need to remind us that you are top - currently and that you have all this experience in the run-in. will matter for fuck all......we'll beat u at ours and that's all that will count for the title.

opps, "dick -wad" Razz

ONH
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by coolenglishbob Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:28 am

Is there any way we can have ONH banned?He is obviously out of his depth on here and should be sent to the local Zoo to collect autographs.He would be in his element,oops should have said cage Smile

coolenglishbob
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ONH Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:07 am

why should I be banned, I dont insult other posters do I.

ONH
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down