Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Sort this shambles out mancini EmptyToday at 1:00 pm by titbumwilly

» Pep’s at it again
Sort this shambles out mancini EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Sort this shambles out mancini EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Sort this shambles out mancini EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Sort this shambles out mancini EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Sort this shambles out mancini EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Sort this shambles out mancini EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Sort this shambles out mancini EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Sort this shambles out mancini EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Sort this shambles out mancini EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Sort this shambles out mancini

+5
Paulpowersleftfoot
Topdawg
shakencity
Wensdi
bigjonnyloosebum
9 posters

Go down

Sort this shambles out mancini Empty Sort this shambles out mancini

Post by bigjonnyloosebum Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:04 pm

Well thats it fucked then well and truly.I blame no one else but you RM and do you know why because he gives average playes 2 days off at a time allowing them to flaunt around europe here and there gatecrashing interviews, playin golf in spain,fuckin off to italy for dirty weekends with the missus and go knows wherelse. Can you honestley image sir bacon of face allowing this to happen, Answer is a big fat NO. Hense the five point lead which will be eight by the time we play sunday.Fucking joke Mancini get your house in order and sort it out NOW.

bigjonnyloosebum
Not Really Here
Not Really Here

Back to top Go down

Sort this shambles out mancini Empty Re: Sort this shambles out mancini

Post by Wensdi Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:46 am

Knew Blackburn wouldn't pull it off - instead of hoping they would - we should have ensured that we won the last two fricking games instead of drawing both. I find it laughable that RM has now stated that Utd will "slip up" - no they won't Mancini - we already slipped up because you couldn't get the tactics and selection right on several occasions, including the FA and Carling Cups - and oh yes UEFA and CL. Nobody to blame but yourself and if you don't pull your finger out - you'll be gone soon. Find that a shame - because you've bought some good players - but on the other hand you've dropped some right clangers - and taken foolish chances. If you can't manage Bellamy and Adebayor - how the hell did you expect to get the best out of Balotelli. What a spoilt, sulky lazy boy. Time he grew up and earned his paycheck.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:26 am

Well said Wensdi, think you've summed things up superbly there.

Most worrying fact now is if Utd match Citys results upto the Derby, they can win the title at the Ethiad.......won't that just be a joyous day affraid
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:46 am

reading in the papers that mancini's job isn't safe if we collapse from here on in.

if we fight and lose by a few points, he should be safe.

he has brought it upon himself with curious team selection for many months, preferential treatment towards balotelli, alienating good players (bellamy and ade - we wouldn't have needed Dzeko if ade was playing properly).
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:17 am

I don't think Mancini will be in charge next season and he's only got himself and the moonheaded twat to blame.The away form has been dreadful since Old Trafford and the odd win here and there hasn't masked the incredibly obvious deficiencies.
QPR played Kolorov instead of Clichy when their main threat is from out wide and played Savic at CB instead of Zabaleta at RB and Richards at CB
Got away with it
Liverpool played Nasri instead of de Jong to help Barry out as DM,not learning anything from the drubbing the year before,stole a point
Everton played without de Jong in the sort of game he thrives in,instead played 2 up top which was ridiculous.Never learnt a thing from the previous year
Swansea played the useless Balotelli which is like starting with 10 men away from home and continued to play Silva who was obviously in desperate need of a rest.Savic & Toure as CB's,really?
Stoke see Everton for identical fuck up
So on to arsenal where I would expect Walcott to be running at Kolorov,slowest and worst left back I've ever seen instead of Clichy and Balotelli to wander around doing sweet fuck all apart from falling on his arse and stropping like the childish cunt he clearly is

Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:35 am

I think if he picks Kolarov this wekend, that will just about tip us all over the edge.........surely he won't.

Having watched the Rags game last night, i can see a huge difference between us both at the minute. The Rags wanted it for the whole of the 90 minutes, they were relentless and you just knew at some point the goal would come. Whereas City at the minute seem to be quite happy to consolidate and only push on in the last 15 minutes. We're slow in our attacking play now, which is hugely disappointing after the early season foem, whereas the Rags are much faster, seem alot fitter and are more direct.

I really hate to say this but we are 2nd best to them now and we only have ourselves to blame, we had the accendency upto the festive period and have contrived to throw it all away and give it back to them.

The long and short of this is and as to quote the title, it's too late to "sort this shambles out".
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:38 am

Never thought I'd be saying this but I really hope he drops Balotelli for Tevez on Sunday. He must be nearing fitness now? Although with 2 goals on Saturdays shambles I can't see it.

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:56 am

I watched the second half last night and I saw things that made me cringe.

The first was Valencia.....what we give to have him instead of Johnson. Every time he gets the ball, his first thought is to run straight at the defenders. He has changed his game from his Wigan days where he used his pace to go outside of them. He now runs at them and commits them, allowing him to go either way (a la Ronaldo)...wonder where he got that from? Good coaching i guess....whereby Johnson does the complete opposite - faints to go outside and comes back in, then plays a simple ball back for Richards, Zaba or Silva.

The second - they brought on Young......and he did exactly the same thing!

It's not rocket science, but United use their pace to force teams back - now if they did what our forwards and midfielders have been doing for the past 5 months...the same thing would happen. But they don't...and that's the difference between the two teams...and why we are 5 points behind.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:09 am

I noticed that too blue.

Utd have 4 out and out wingers Nani, Young, Giggs and Valencia, they are all decent players who can terrorise a defence, whereas we have AJ and Milner at a push. The problem we have is Mancini tends to play AJ on the right wing, yet he's no fucking right foot (do we ever see Giggs on the right wing?). There's not a cat in hells chance he'd have been able to do what Valencia did last night, so why the fuck is he continually played on the right? We all know Milner hasn't got the speed of a natural winger, so quite rightly isn't really used as one. This is one area we have lacked throughout the season but in all honesty, with the signing of Dzeko and Balotelli this should really have been addressed last season......or at latest pre-season.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:18 am

Agree totally shaken.

If he stays - forget any other signings until you have either sold Johnson or decided to play him on the left and have bought some genuine pace out wide on the right.

My guess? He'll sell Dzeko and Tevez, buy 2 more attacking, flair midfielders and maybe another forward. No width again.

I'd like him to look at that kid Tello from Barca - he's got blistering pace and can score.

Just because we get pace doesn't mean we have to play with a big CF....just pace enough to commit defenders and get past them into dangerous areas.

United don't have a Crouch!
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:31 pm

Well, in a some ways, this highlights our problems, if we'd won the title, the issues would, or could have been ignored, but now they are glaringly obvious, when we won games, we attacked with intelligence and speed, no fucking around with the tippy tappy bollox that we started to employ for some stupid reason? did we somehow think we were Barca? FFS...!!! We have no pacey wingmen, or we are no longer using Richards and Clichy in the manner we were when we were destroying everyone WHY THE HELL NOT?
For a 1/3 of a season we have been on the decline, MAncini states it is natural, that we can't play like this all season, no not if you fuck around with a winning formula you can't!!!
Mancini, it's not rocket science, look at our first 10 games, look at our direct play, wide, down the channels at pace, quick ball in the box...
If we carry on this way, we will implode and Mancini will be out of a job, he's been found out too many times in the 2nd half of the season, and he's not learned a thing from his numerous mistakes he admittedly has made, I doubt Mansour will suffer a fool who wastes a golden chance to win the prem, I've supported Mancini, but he's been poor for the last few months, for whatever reason our players have blown hot and cold, game after game, even with the space of a half, no consistancy, when we needed strong direction, we've been all at sea
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:19 pm

Way I see it his bizzare tactics are perefectly encapsulated by the fact that he moved Milner, our most creative outlet in the midfield vs Sunderland, into RB, when we had a perfectly good RB on the bench in Zabaleta.

Bewildering.
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:29 pm

......but not suprising eh grated?
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:52 pm

He punishes players like Dzeko, Milner and Johnson to name a couple (by not playing them) for discension - yet shows favouritism to Mario and Carlos - with time off so he's not consistent. Would not bend in Bellamy's case - and apparently can't see the wood for the trees sometimes. Baffling.

Well - title chances gone now - does he honestly think Fergie's gonna blow it between now and the end of the season. No excuses Bobby - master plan has failed miserably.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:05 pm

Hardly suprising no!

I also think he punishes players like AJ, Milner, Dzeko by taking them out of the side the following week if they have not performed well, but will stick with Silva, Yaya, Balotelli etc even if they have had a nightmare.

He has my backing til summer and I'll make up my mind then, but if he keeps making the same mistakes he will have dug his own grave.
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:36 pm

I think the players should tell him that they need to revert to the system they used earlier in the season, well, someones got to tell him that it's all over bar the popping of corks, and I'll fucking bet they do it at the derby, just watch.... I can see it now Cityitis on an epidemic scale, it'll kick off then, there's only so much wasting the talents of a potentially title winning side by fucking around with a system that was working, that the fans will put up with, and the owners, you can bet they're sounding out other managers right now......
He's a nice enough bloke, and I don't usually turn on a manager, but it's seeing a side that are supposedly better than last season, faltering when it was within grasp, because he's playing the wrong players in the wrong positions again and again, then wondering why it goes wrong!
Unless he see's the light soon, as in the next game, it's going to end badly, really badly, I can see riots at The Etihad if UTD secure the title there, wouldn't it just be so City if it happened?
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:41 pm

I can see riots at The Etihad if UTD secure the title there, wouldn't it just be so City if it happened?

---------------------------------------------------

Not even thinking about that moon, not even thinking about it!

I think the problem is that he is making these mistakes, but Mancini's style is not to look for guidance or seek advice, it's his way or the highway.

Obviously that has it's benefits, for example when dealing with player power struggles, but when it comes down to tactically inept desicion making that even we as average fans can spot, well, recent performances say it all...

Same mistakes over and over.
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:12 pm

Yeah, that's the infuriating bit that is riling most fans, we don't all blindly support, clap anything that moves in a blue shirt, we know our best team, even the pundits know he's playing it wrong, but is anyone saying anything other than "Yes Boss" like the little geezer from Fantasy Island?
Mancini.. "I think I'll play Kolarov instead of Clichy, and Yaya in a defensive role"
Platt..."Yes Boss!"
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:43 pm

Platt is no 'little geezer' Moon. Evil or Very Mad
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by coolenglishbob Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:17 pm

I hate to say this ,but I think that our chance has gone.Bobby's selections have been very very frustrating.Dzeko scores four at spurs and is then dropped,Jim Milner plays like a trojan,and is then dropped,I watched Barca last night,and I knew almost all the team,and they have been playing all season.Dropping players just for the sake of it does not work,and it is now showing.But resting players who are showing signs of fatigue[Silva]is common sense,but Bobby does not seem to have that.
I hope he plays Clichy and Nasri on Sunday and also bring back Lescot,because if we fail on Sunday our season is over Smile

coolenglishbob
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:12 pm

Lets hope UTD slip up and we beat Arsenal (doubtful on both counts, but you never know) then we're back in the hunt, I just hope we don't give up, time for another winning streak, if Arsenal can go from a bunch, lost at sea to playing decent football and 8 games on the bounce, then anythings possible! we just need some momentum, and Mancini must finally realise his team selections need addressing?
Clichy and Richards down the wings, I'm beginning to sound like a broken record now, I'll shut up
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:20 am

clichy and richards down the wings....
yaya in an advanced role....
ndj shoring up the defence....

we've heard it all before. shame mancini can't see that
Topdawg