Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 17 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 17 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
How are we going to sort out this cruddy defence? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 1:49 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
How are we going to sort out this cruddy defence? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
How are we going to sort out this cruddy defence? EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
How are we going to sort out this cruddy defence? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
How are we going to sort out this cruddy defence? EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
How are we going to sort out this cruddy defence? EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
How are we going to sort out this cruddy defence? EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
How are we going to sort out this cruddy defence? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
How are we going to sort out this cruddy defence? EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
How are we going to sort out this cruddy defence? EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

How are we going to sort out this cruddy defence?

3 posters

Go down

How are we going to sort out this cruddy defence? Empty How are we going to sort out this cruddy defence?

Post by Topdawg Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:53 am

It's been a pain in the arse all season, looking incredibly shaky.

Is it down to personnel, injury issue, tactics or something else?

For me, Clichy has been very poor and Kolarov is far from adequate backup. I believe we need a top class LB that can slot in in January. The problem is that I don't think MP will buy British (Leighton Baines) and someone else will have to adapt to the PL which can take some time.

Micah hasn't cut it yet this season, probably because he has been injured and needs a few games under his belt. Zabba has been a let down for me, but I think that these two are good enough to sort this out.

Lezza looks on his way out. Unfairly in my opinion, but it will happen probably in January as he's out of the England equation and hardly playing for City. The writing is in the wall for him and has been for a while. Nasty has looked too comfortable at times, making seriously dodgy tackles and has been culpable for a few bad goals.

Kompany is a good organiser, but makes too many rash tackles and is injured far too much.

Garcia - absolute bollocks as a DM and even worse as a defender.

Boyata, doesn't fill me with too much confidence but he's hardly been given a chance.

DM looks alright, but he won't be getting any faster and always makes one dangerous mistake per game.

All in all, are we fucked this season and should just be happy getting in the top 4 and building for next season?
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

How are we going to sort out this cruddy defence? Empty Re: How are we going to sort out this cruddy defence?

Post by leopold Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:17 am

We're only 11 games into the league season and we've played, what, sixteen games in total?  But I agree, the defense has been a bit of an issue for us, not helped by injury and definitely not aided by the fact we've only once played the same back four in consecutive games (I think I've got that right)

Kolarov has been better than Clichy so far this season, which is weird.  Clichy used to be so reliable.  Pellers should be encouraged to buy British because, if we let Lescott go, we're going to fall foul of the 8 man home grown rule.  Baines would be the best bet.

Zabba hasn't been great either.  I can't help but wonder if he, like Clichy, is struggling with the pressing game.  It doesn't seem to suit either, because they're not as quick and zonal does seem to suit them better.  Richards has been a disappointment.

The centre back pairing is the keystone to the defense and to keep changing it around is killing us at the back.  It's small wonder we've had Nasty making mistakes, he's never entirely sure of who is with him or where they're going to be, so he looks like a man who feels like he's the last man and it's a lot to pile on a young lad.  Micky does appear to at least keep an eye on him, but Nasty isn't good enough yet to hand-hold Boyata and Garcia may as well be a cone for all the difference he makes.

My thought here is to keep Micky and Nasty as a pair at least until Vinny is fully fit.  At least there's a chance we can develop a working partnership, which will help massively.

But we need to keep Garcia as far away as possible.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

How are we going to sort out this cruddy defence? Empty Re: How are we going to sort out this cruddy defence?

Post by coolenglishbob Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:37 pm

To be fair it was not the defence that failed yesterday,it was the mid field and attack.They were non existent for a team that is supposedly going for the title:P Razz

coolenglishbob
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down