Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Falcao/Cavanni IN - Dzeko/Tevez OUT? EmptyYesterday at 1:49 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Falcao/Cavanni IN - Dzeko/Tevez OUT? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Falcao/Cavanni IN - Dzeko/Tevez OUT? EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Falcao/Cavanni IN - Dzeko/Tevez OUT? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Falcao/Cavanni IN - Dzeko/Tevez OUT? EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Falcao/Cavanni IN - Dzeko/Tevez OUT? EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Falcao/Cavanni IN - Dzeko/Tevez OUT? EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Falcao/Cavanni IN - Dzeko/Tevez OUT? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Falcao/Cavanni IN - Dzeko/Tevez OUT? EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Falcao/Cavanni IN - Dzeko/Tevez OUT? EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Falcao/Cavanni IN - Dzeko/Tevez OUT?

+4
Topdawg
Jordan
shakencity
blueboy
8 posters

Go down

Falcao/Cavanni IN - Dzeko/Tevez OUT? Empty Falcao/Cavanni IN - Dzeko/Tevez OUT?

Post by blueboy Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:01 pm

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-city-move-ahead-chelsea-1781098

We have £21m from Mario.

Add to that £24 for Dzeko.

That should realistically secure us Falcao or Cavanni.

We just need another £40m for the other player.

I'd prefer Falcao/Cavanni + Lewandowski. Has a better balance about it.

Dzeko to Dortmund for Lewandowski - straight swap.

£21m for Mario - means raising £18m for Falcao/Cavanni. Nasri - £18m??

2 in - 2 out and keep Tevez.

One more MF.....i'd be happy with that come the summer.

If Mancini wants to clear out Lezza, Sinclair, Micah - there's £28m.

Plenty of good players out there - Isco (£18m).
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Falcao/Cavanni IN - Dzeko/Tevez OUT? Empty Re: Falcao/Cavanni IN - Dzeko/Tevez OUT?

Post by shakencity Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:48 pm

Can't believe we're even contemplatin spending £50m on someone with NO PL experience......massive gamble imo, I'd personally much rather go for Suarez at £30m+.
If we're thinkin of sellin Tevez, then big money should be spent on Bale imo.

Agree with the swap regardin Dzeko and Lewandowski though.

To have Aguero, Tevez, Suarez and Lewandowski as a strikeforce backed up by Bale, Silva and Yaya would seriously challenge the Rags next season.
I know this won't happen and we'll no doubt have an influx of foreign "stars" joining who'll take most of the season to "find their feet", inturn leaving us fighting for a CL place.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Falcao/Cavanni IN - Dzeko/Tevez OUT? Empty Re: Falcao/Cavanni IN - Dzeko/Tevez OUT?

Post by Jordan Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:20 pm

shakencity wrote:Can't believe we're even contemplatin spending £50m on someone with NO PL experience......massive gamble imo

This!

I completely agree. Still stand by my views that I don't want Suarez in a City shirt, no matter how good he is. Bale is a must for me, as is Wilshere and why pay £50m for Cavani or Falcao when we can send Dzeko the other way and get Lewandowski for nothing.
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:41 pm

Still think you are too optimistic with your valuations tiddler.

If Lewandowski is in the last year of his contract (as I believe he is), no way would it be a straight swap for Dzeko. I reckon we'd pocket at least £5M, probably nearer £8M.

If someone offered me Lewandowski and Falcao/Cavanni for Tevez, Dzeko and £30M, I'd happily go for that. Just need a winger and we'd be in business.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:55 pm

Topdawg, that's what I mean. Essentially Lewandowski would cost us nothing, rather than spending £50m+ on others. As you said Lewandowski is only really valued at £12-£13m as he is in the last year, however I can't see Dzeko going for £24m. £18m max in my eyes, if that. Did we pay £24m? So really he was valued at £20m (we paid over the odds with every player), so £18 is fair I reckon.
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:17 pm

In:
Suarez £35m
Bale £45m
Lewandowski £15m

Total £95m

Out:
Balotelli £21m
Nasri £20m
Lescott £8m
Sinclair £6m
Dzeko £20

Total £75m

That's just a £20m difference, without Kolo and possibly Micah thrown in......i'm still stickin to my transfers lads, as we'll have one hell of a team all with PL experience Razz .
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:24 am

Can't argue with that Den, but we won't get Bale and not at that price anyway!
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:20 am

where is lewandowski's premier league experience????? I think I have asked repeatedly why is premier league experience a must? How many players have come to the premier league without experience and been successful. These players who command these big fees play with top European/world teams play in all the top European / world club competitions. Whilst I will concede that some take a while longer than others to adjust suarez wasn/t born here neither was Silva ,drogba, Yaya aguero and on and on.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:34 am

skyblueoz wrote:where is lewandowski's premier league experience????? I think I have asked repeatedly why is premier league experience a must? How many players have come to the premier league without experience and been successful. These players who command these big fees play with top European/world teams play in all the top European / world club competitions. Whilst I will concede that some take a while longer than others to adjust suarez wasn/t born here neither was Silva ,drogba, Yaya aguero and on and on.

Skyblue, whilst your point above is very valid I would still argue that, although Lewandowski has no PL experience, he won't cost us £50m+, he is a fraction of the price. And, if Dzeko goes the other way then we should, in theory, receive money. Much less of a risk.

Also, I have said this numerous of times - name me one player, in the last 10 years, who has come from the Italian league and been successful? It's this reason alone that we should be going nowhere near Cavanni for that silly money!
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:35 am

Having PL experience isn't a must Oz and agree with exactly what you're saying, it's just my personal preference would be to buy players who have......we need to catch the Rags up and quick before they pull even further away than they already are. That said, Lewandowski at £15m isn't that much of a gamble imo Oz, especially if we get £20m in return for Dzeko, spending £50m+ on someone in my eyes is though.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:19 pm

PL experience is not essential in my view, as already mentioned there is a long list of quality players that play or have played in the PL without having had any PL experience beforehand. A better question might be, would Lewandowski or Falcao without any PL experience be a better prospect than Dzeko who has PL experience and is still shite?
Or conversely, would these players flop and become the new Dzeko? Remember Dzeko had a goal scoring record as good if not better than both of them when he was at Wolfsburg.
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by coolenglishbob Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:55 pm

I do not want to cause any friction, but Suarez is a proven goalscorer in the Prem. Falcao has only done it in Portugal and Spain,of the two I would go for Suarez.Bale is another matter completely,Spurs will not let him go unless a massive offer is on the table,although Levy is very amenable to money.If those two were at the Etihad who knows where we could go,and Fergie would be really pissed,excuse my French Smile

coolenglishbob
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:13 pm

I also agree - PL experience isn't a must, but what you get in Suarez is goals, effort, trickery etc....all proven within the PL.
I'd still rather we take a punt at Cavanni over Falcao though. Almost 3 years younger and will add a little height up front if needed. I take your point about Dzeko at Wolfsburg.....but he has been so hit and miss for City. However, it seems that lots of clubs still want him - and I've no idea why?? Maybe Germany suits him as Italy clearly does for Mario.
Lewandowski is a different player to Cavanni and Falcao - he can play in a genuine wide role as well as off the main striker. His work rate is good, so it seems is his attitude - so I would rather Dzeko go and we get him in - extra money or not.
That leaves us with Tevez and Aguero as our out and out strikers. Therefore, we need an addition up front.
Falcao = £40m
Cavanni = £40m
Suarez = £40m
We got £21m for Mario, so that's an outlay of £19m. Of the 3 - i'd prefer Suarez at that price.
We then need another MF and another CB if Lezza goes.
If we sell Lezza for £10m and Kolorov for £8m - that should secure us Hummels, who I think will add quality to the CB's - Kompany, Kolo and Nasty. No money needed on outlay.
If they sell Micah - £10m, Baines is on offer for around £13m, so maybe if Lezza goes back to Everton it can be a straight swap
£3-4m to replace Kolorov, Lezza and Micah with Hummels and Baines. Both will improve the squad.
So far:
Dzeko out for Lewandowski.
Kolorov, Micah and Lezza +£4m for Hummels and Baines.
The squad already looks stronger for an outlay of £23m.
Finally, another MF.
Bale = £40m
Isco = £20m
Wilshere = £25m
Difficult, as I cannot see Bale leaving to come to us. That rules him out IMO.
Wilshere - would definitely be my choice. For this, we would need to sell Nasri and I think we would only get in the region of £18m for him - so an outlay of £7m
Isco - I'm sure we can secure his services for £20m. Nasri out - Isco will cost us in the region of £2m.
So far, we have Nasri out and Wilshere or Isco in for approx £7m outlay. So therefore we sell Sinclair to Southampton for £8m to cover this.
So to summarise:
Out:
Kolorov
Micah
Dzeko
Lezza
Nasri
Sinclair

IN:
Lewandowski
Hummels
Suarez
Wilshere/Isco
Baines
For an outlay of £22m.
That....is a definite imrpovement on our squad for an outlay of £22m - there or there abouts.
Team 2013/14
..........................................Hart.............................................

Zaba....................Vinny....................Hummels..............Baines..

.................Yaya.................................Wilshere.................

...Lewandowski.....................Silva........................Suarez..........

........................................Aguero.........................................
Cover:
Pants
Clichy (LB/LMF)
Nasty (CB/LB)
Garcia (CB/CM)
Milner (ANYWHERE)
Tevez (STRIKER/No.10)
Kolo (RB/CB)
Rodwell (MF)
Guidetti (STRIKER)
Barry (LB/CM/LM)
+ Youth players

Sorry - amended a 12 for an 11 - cheers Dawg. Razz

Last edited by blueboy on Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:12 pm

I'm sure we'd win the league with those players on the park Bluey - because we have a starting 12!!!!!

I think everyone expects us to be able to get more for our players than we can hope for and for other teams to sell us their best players for less than they will.

No way is Bale going for £40M. No way is Wilshere going to be available for £25M. He has just signed a long contract (I think) and the only way he'd go for less than £40M is if he asked for a transfer.

I agree with lots of those players. I'd like to see someone like Hummels and Baines come to us with Lezza and Kolarov leaving, though I reckon we'd have to part with at least £14M to secure them (with Lezza and Kolarov leaving).

I can't see anyone paying us £8M for Sinclair either.

Much as it pains me, Suarez and Lewandowski for about £55M funded by the sale of Dzeko, Mario and about £15M.

I reckon it'd cost a fair bit more than your £22M quoted Bluey, maybe £35-£40M but I think we can still comply with the Fair Play rules and spend that sort of brass.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:23 pm

So...I take your point, as we don't know what our players will go for. Nor, do we know how much Arsenal would let Wilshere go for - especially if we gave them Lescott and Sinclair (Walcott back a CF)!!

It's all if's and maybe's...I agree - but let's say my proposed players out and in........for........£35m? I'd say that's very good business and makes our team 25% stronger in the process.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:28 pm

I'd say it makes us championship contenders again.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:05 am

Wilshire, no thanks! Razz

You're starting 11 looks pretty good there blue, but i'd have Fallaini in instead of Wilshire.......and i'd keep clichy at LB, as we can't afford all those players in one hit.

What's the betting we miss out on ALL our targets anyway and sign no-one? Rolling Eyes
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:34 pm

I agree with shaken, we have had similar situations in recent transfer windows where these debates come up about which of the players we are linked with and which we should sign, we end up with none of them and instead sign one that is nowhere near as good usually for an over inflated price.
Hopefully with our new Spanish guys in charge of things player related this will not happen again.If we don't sign some quality players in the summer then we can kiss the title goodbye again next season and Bobby can kiss his job goodbye too.
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:48 pm

I do believe that we desperately need to strengthen our squad but we must also realize that one or two injuries ,suspensions etc seriously depletes our squad. Against Everton we had 6 first teamers squad members out and only 4 on the bench who I would class as 1st team squad. I like the look of blueboy's squad but am worried that once a couple of injuries occur we will be very short on experience. Point in question Zabba prone to bookings gets a suspension Milner has had a few injuries this season so could be again which is Zabba's cover suddenly no right back. Micah gives us a right back / centre back cover also midfield at a push. Maybe Rodwell will fit into that category. I do realize also that micah's recent fitness history is far from ideal so too Kompany's but you get the point.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by coolenglishbob Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:44 pm

I do not know what it is with Wilshire,but I do not rate him.He falls down too easily and he is allways at the referee.He is overrated imo!! Smile

coolenglishbob
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:59 am

coolenglishbob wrote:I do not know what it is with Wilshire,but I do not rate him.He falls down too easily and he is allways at the referee.He is overrated imo!! Smile

Have to totally disagree. Wilshere is a very good player. Doesn't score often, but he sits and protects the back 4 and is good at setting up others, plus his work rate is phenomenal.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonchester Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:17 am

I rate Wilshire very highly as a player.. it's his character thats the question mark for me.

Oh, that and his 18 month "ankle injury" whish seemed far to much like a drugs ban.
Moonchester
Moonchester
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:46 am

Moonchester wrote:I rate Wilshire very highly as a player.. it's his character thats the question mark for me.

Oh, that and his 18 month "ankle injury" whish seemed far to much like a drugs ban.

That's slander Moon Laughing
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonchester Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:46 am

I said seemed... is highly likely though.
Moonchester
Moonchester
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down