Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Questions about Cavani EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:51 am by Jwils2710

» Pep’s at it again
Questions about Cavani EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Questions about Cavani EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Questions about Cavani EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Questions about Cavani EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Questions about Cavani EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Questions about Cavani EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Questions about Cavani EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Questions about Cavani EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Questions about Cavani EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Questions about Cavani

5 posters

Go down

Questions about Cavani Empty Questions about Cavani

Post by shakencity Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:52 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2313563/Manchester-City-PSG-agree-personal-terms-Edinson-Cavani.html

I'm personally torn over this transfer, so a few questions need to be answered:

Q. Do we need to improve our strikeforce to challenge next season?

Q. Do we really need to spend the vast ammount of money they're asking for him?

Q. Is there anyone else available that's better?

Q. Does him openly wanting to join Madrid not put you off?

Q. Will he only come to us as a last resort?

Q. If he signed, how would that effect our current strikers?

Q. Would his signing end any hopes of getting Bale (if Spurs finish 5th)?

I accept we need to act fast over next seasons transfers, as all the other top teams seem to be getting things in place. I guess in one aspect, you could say his signing would show everyone else how serious we are to regain our crown and at the same time encourage other "big names" to follow suit by joining the Bluemoon brigade.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Questions about Cavani Empty Re: Questions about Cavani

Post by Topdawg Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:36 am

We can't wait to see if Bale might join us, we have to get some big names in asap. Looking at some of our targets from last summer, I reckon most would have improved our team.

Javi Martinez helped destroy Barca last night. Eden hazard, though not as good against the top teams, would have helped open up park the bus teams nearer the bottom (QPR, Stoke, Sunderland etc.)

RVP would have scored us a few more goals than our current strikers have managed.

To your Qs,

We need to improve our strikeforce as we haven't scored enough goals and in some games, never looked like doing so. We need to be more ruthless when we have good chances.

We may have to spend top dollar to eat at the top table.

Who's better that will leave their current club and isn't a one season wonder? Falcao?

Players have dreams of who they'd like to play for. As long as he gives his all, that's what matters.

Our current strikers would have to pull their fingers out as 3 into 2 doesn't go.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:54 am

shakencity wrote:Q. Do we need to improve our strikeforce to challenge next season?

Yes, massively.

shakencity wrote:Q. Do we really need to spend the vast ammount of money they're asking for him?

No. There are plenty of capable strikers for less money; e.g. Lewandowski

shakencity wrote:Q. Is there anyone else available that's better?

Yes, Falcao, Ageuro, Van Persie. Don't forget, Cavanni is from the Italian league. There is a certain someone who is also setting the Italian league on fire, but failed miserably in the EPL. No prizes for guessing who.

shakencity wrote:Q. Does him openly wanting to join Madrid not put you off?

No, let them pay the £50+ price tag.

shakencity wrote:Q. Will he only come to us as a last resort?

No, he would simply stay at Napoli.

shakencity wrote:Q. If he signed, how would that effect our current strikers?

It would be rotated the same as it is now. Although he would play more than Dzeko has this season. He would be first choice striker in my opinion, with Aguero or Tevez playing off him.

shakencity wrote:Q. Would his signing end any hopes of getting Bale (if Spurs finish 5th)?

I'd rather get Bale. He would hinder our chances at any other big moves due to his prize tag, unless we offload a serious amount of players. Dzeko, Nasri etc should bring a tidy sum and result in more buys.
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:01 am

shakencity wrote:Q. Is there anyone else available that's better?

Yes, Falcao, Ageuro, Van Persie.

Jordan,
Aguero's with us and VP's not available........I meant other forwards that could possibly be bought that are better than Cavani. I'll accept Falcoa though Wink
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:07 am

I've put this question on here so many times, and no one is yet to give me a great answer.

Give me a name of a player from the Italian league that has moved to the PL in the last 10 years and done well.....

Cavani is a HUGE risk! My nanna could probably score as many goals as Cavani in the Italian league. Falcao, yes maybe less of a risk as he has performed in two leagues now. I'd still prefer Lewandowski.
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:28 am

Ok, no-one......and I agree Cavani is a huge risk, but RM HAS to do something that makes everyone sit up and take notice, Cavani could just do that. Lewandowski could well be a hit but early signs are he's off somewhere else and Chelsea may well bag Falcao.

Suarez seemed to get tongues wagging, so i'll throw another one out there......Torres.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:34 am

shakencity wrote:Suarez seemed to get tongues wagging, so i'll throw another one out there......Torres.

Leave this forum and vow never to return! Laughing
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:35 am

Sad Sad Sad
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:37 am

Worst case scenario;

Lewandowski > United
Cavani > Madrid
Falcao > Chelsea
Bale > United

Who's left?! Higuain maybe.
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:59 am

Torres......swap him for Dzeko. I'm tellin ya, he could be the one.

A club like Chelsea fucks you up. All the managerial and player changes that have gone on there, have made Torres a failure but at Liverpool he was brilliant. A stable environment at City could well get him back on track and if we pay a minimal fee for him, it's worth a shot imo.

Right, i'm off again now Jordan Razz
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:35 am

I'd swap him for Dzeko in a heartbeat. Not sure it would happen though. I reckon they'd want at least half the money back for Torres, and that's too much.
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:48 am

Torres for Dzeko... Shaken, I think I can see where you're going with this. We'd be swapping out one player whose goal-scoring antics were curtailed by a move to another club for another one who suffered a similar fate. With the major difference being that Torres will at least make an effort to win the ball, has a better touch and might possibly be a little less sulky.

Although his move to Chelsea isn't the reason he went off the boil. He got a big injury while at Liverpool and I thought his last season there was pretty poor - a yard slow and lost his touch completely. Rafa was never going to save him at Chelsea - I mean, who do you take off to risk him? - but we might just be able to resurrect his career.

My only concern with a swap deal is that Dzeko might just do the same for them. Actually, scratch that, I'd quite like that to happen - two teams to batter the rags off the top spot would be joyous Smile
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:18 am

Correct leo torres was cack in his last season At Liverpool prior to his move. Cavanni has proved his worth for Christ sakes he even bagged a brace against us in the champs league.

Jordan how many players have actually moved here from the Italian league? ( I am assuming you mean strikers) hardly any apart from b grade players like Bianchi and over the hill players like Corradi. I remember ravanelli scoring for fun in his 1st season for Middlesbrough only for them to be relegated so he left. Vialli & Zola were successful at Chelsea other than those I cant remember to many Italian strikers coming to the premier league. Oh yes Balotelli well he had a good 1st season albeit injury blighted & suspension ridden still bagged around 15 goals & last season 20 odd so I guess he has been a success.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:29 am

If we start talking about off loading Dzeko & Nasri to finance Cavanni then we will be severely undercutting our squad. Remember we have sold Balotelli without replacing Santa cruz to go if Dzeko goes also that's 3 gone 1 in we need then 2 strikers to come in as guidetti appears to be a bit of a risk at this moment, which will only leave us Tevez & Aguero for all matches up to January. Midfield we need another playmaker to take some of the burden of Silva my choice would be isco we need at least one wide player to give us another option who i don,t know but it appears Sanchez has been muted although I really have not seen to much of him to give an opinion. we do need a good holding midfielder Fellaini as barry is not getting any younger and should Lezza & kolo go then a decent centre back has to be a top prority. We do neet to off load Kolarov so another left back is also a position I would look at so maybe in for baines. Those are logical choices in my opinion and costs will be offset by sales.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down